Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over Pop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Over Pop

Alright guys here's a question that I've been wondering about for a while
    Its seems that during war my kingdom seems to focus on deep chaining every target in war trying to over pop them, but while trying to over pop we run blanket MS.
    In my opinion this isn't the best way to handle every war every province needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. For instance if we have someone who is running 20% homes with huge bonus in pop science wouldn't be better to have a round of tornadoes, greater arson and learns? Why run MS, kidnap and massacre when our ultimate goal is to over pop them?
    Another thing im thinking is that not every province should be targeted for an over pop, ive been playing the game for a while but always just did what my king said and didn't question anything, now I think im ready to move on to bigger and better things rather than hanging around and taking orders. Basically what im asking id are my ideas right or are they right?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauler View Post
    Its seems that during war my kingdom seems to focus on deep chaining every target in war trying to over pop them, but while trying to over pop we run blanket MS.
    Its fine to have blanket MS, i wouldnt cast ms on a target that i am currently chaining, but its fine to have it cast on all their attackers.
    In my opinion this isn't the best way to handle every war every province needs to be dealt with on an individual basis.
    correct every prov can be treated differently to an extent. however in general the damage done via ms is worth it.

For instance if we have someone who is running 20% homes with huge bonus in pop science wouldn't be better to have a round of tornadoes, greater arson and learns? Why run MS, kidnap and massacre when our ultimate goal is to over pop them?
    kidnap, massacre & MS (and ns) are used to shell out a player. when u chain the person with these ops your goal isnt to overpop but to just take acres. your t/m should have done the hard work for you and "chaining" in that case is more of a case of multiple max gaining on the same target to get that players acres fast; Not to over pop and cause desertion.

Another thing im thinking is that not every province should be targeted for an over pop, ive been playing the game for a while but always just did what my king said and didn't question anything,
    questioning is how u learn, always good to ask y things are done :D.

now I think im ready to move on to bigger and better things rather than hanging around and taking orders. Basically what im asking id are my ideas right or are they right?
    -Chaining and causing overpopulation and thus desertion if done correctly is the fastest way to deal damage to an enemy prov and take them out of a war.
    -You normally want MS blanket because it deals military damage regardless of the fact it lowers the enemies population below max.
    -Normally you will "shell out" and enemy player using fireballs/kidnap/ns/ms and massacre (sometimes). yes shelling out a player with 20% homes is typical stupid, but it shelling may be done on a 1+ targets in war.
    --However u may/should still use ns & MS on chain targets to make chains easier (you do NOT kidnap from each person your about to chain).
    -Tornadoes & arson are mainly used to remove forts/gs/wt prior to a chain so your thinking there is good.
    Last edited by Persain; 11-04-2012 at 15:45.

Forum Addict
    It's normally not a good idea to learn in war, as it requires you leaving your elites out with no incoming acres. If they have really good pop science, it may be worth amnesiang them before the chain, but as they go down their bpa is gunna go super high no matter what. Nado/Amnesia are good ways to depress networth though incase you want to chain someone who is out of nw range of your attackers. Remember with nado they get the 25 ppa from buildings as long as they are atleast in construction.

Lots of KD's run ms/greed/riot blanket, chain highest offense, ns next in line as the standard war strat, especially since so many other KD's do the same thing. I suspect a lot of monarch's don't really know why they are doing that. When you start focusing on growing unbreakables, taking down unbreakables/people out of networth range, hitting t/m's out of range, controlling econ, ect you have to start doing different things a bit differently, or at the very least more effeciently. But in general, kidnapping/massacring a chain target is kind of silly.

Deep chains is what the top warring kingdoms use to win wars. It works because it deals a lot of damage.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Regular
    deep chain 2 provs, shell 2 provs at the same time. deep chain shelled, shell another 2.repeat. profit!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grofdojka View Post
    deep chain 2 provs, shell 2 provs at the same time. deep chain shelled, shell another 2.repeat. profit!
    Thats a losing strategy

What about massacring prewar, then trying to overpop them in war? This doesn't make sense to me...if our main goal in war is deep chaining to cause over pop why massacre prewar?
    If you time the attacks right you kill a bit of their offence (massacre with their army home) to make unbreakables/safe from attacks and then later when their population has recovered in mostly peasants u chain you end up doing alot of damage. That and massacre<tm as far as hostility meter. dont n ormally 100% massacre but it can be viable

Doesn't raze plunder or learn make more sense?
    if your going to war them dont learn, doesnt do enough damage, razeing is meh in general, and plunder to steal gold is a good idea, i would deferentially do that if i can get 1+million gc.

Or even taking land pre war on a certain target to disable them for war?
    we usually do this, feary chains for the win.

The general consensus seems to be not to do land grab pre war and I do see the logic behind that but in certain cases I've seen it would have been beneficial but has never happened
    meh, if u NEVER do ANY land grabs pre war your monarch isnt good, yes i would land grab in SOME cases pre war, but its situational as to what attacks to do and how long u want hostility.
    Last edited by Persain; 11-04-2012 at 18:08.

Sry if my posts aren't the best im on my phone right now

Quote Originally Posted by grofdojka View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to deep chain someone that hasn't been shelled, and let the people who desperately need acres take them from the shelled province? I can see this disabling more provs at once.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to deep chain someone that hasn't been shelled, and let the people who desperately need acres take them from the shelled province? I can see this disabling more provs at once.
    This is correct. No sense in using chains on someone with little to no peasantry, unless they suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    Softening up a prov with NS is very effective as a prelude to a deep chain. Even better if the dead troops get replaced by peasants
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

What about massacring prewar, then trying to overpop them in war? This doesn't make sense to me...if our main goal in war is deep chaining to cause over pop why massacre prewar? Doesn't raze plunder or learn make more sense? Or even taking land pre war on a certain target to disable them for war? The general consensus seems to be not to do land grab pre war and I do see the logic behind that but in certain cases I've seen it would have been beneficial but has never happened
    Last edited by Mauler; 11-04-2012 at 17:59.

Or even taking land pre war on a certain target to disable them for war? The general consensus seems to be not to do land grab pre war and I do see the logic behind that but in certain cases I've seen it would have been beneficial but has never happened
    Why not land grab during hostile? It's not like there is a war meter you need to worry about these days.

Post Demon
    Land grab pre-war is the best move if you don't care about giving the button. The arguments for using Learn+Plunder pre-war usually revolve around not giving the target kingdom the button, and wanting to inflict more troop losses, rather than fearing what will happen if you get landfat.

Massacre pre-war is ****.

How is your defensive thievery effected when your thieves refuse to work ? Or does it just remain the same

It remains the same
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information