Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BE seems not to effect my max horses

Post Fiend

BE seems not to effect my max horses

does BE not effect certain buildings, got 119%BE. and my horse total does not include this, am i missing somthing.

Stable capacity is flat rate - I.E a flat X amount per acre.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    found my answer in wiki,
    Building Efficiency affects all Flat Rate and Percentage-Based buildings.
    Building Efficiency has NO effect on Capacity Buildings as well as Libraries

Stables are a capacity building, that aspect is not affected by BE.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ulas#Buildings
    S E C R E T S

Wow I got double ninja'd.... I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Stable capacity is flat rate
    Don't use the term "flat rate" it will only confuse them nublet Bishop.

# Building Efficiency affects all Flat Rate and Percentage-Based buildings.
    # Building Efficiency has NO effect on Capacity Buildings as well as Libraries.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    so i guess as a dwarf with high BE stables are less effective than TG

ya hb23 - the amount of horsies drafted per day will be affected by BE though
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    thx will be razing my stables then.

Quote Originally Posted by hb23 View Post
    thx will be razing my stables then.
    Send your horses out on attacks and they won't die from lack of stables :P Then you get the best of both worlds. Or steal them from people.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    how quick do they die off without stables, do i need to send my army out the instant its back, as dwarf with -25%thife eff my tpa is no good so stealing them is out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by hb23 View Post
    how quick do they die off without stables, do i need to send my army out the instant its back, as dwarf with -25%thife eff my tpa is no good so stealing them is out of the question
    I'm not sure on the rate of loss without stables, but it's fairly high I believe. You would have to send them back out before the hourly tick, that's when they would die/leave.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Horses dessert/die very fast without stables!

Post Demon
    What they said.

Stables are only good for races that can run armies-in-armies-out and would have little reason to turtle, and then only when there are enough tg. Being immune to BE works in most races' favor. Ideally if you are using stables you have 15-20% tg as well. As mentioned you can raze and rebuild stables once your armies are out.

Post Demon
    I know people are going to start yelling about it again - but consider forts as well. Since dwarf has high BE, stables and homes are both comparatively weaker that usual. For offensive mods, this leaves you with... TG. But at high %s (over 20% maybe, and certainly over 30%) the DBE (decreasing building efficiency - if you don't know this yet, study it in the wiki!) really makes them ineffective too. But you can still use forts at lower %s (2:1 TG:Forts is usually safe - 1:1 is sometimes ok even) to make room for "more" TGs that don't suffer DBE as much. The trick is to pick a target defense (talk to your kingdom about this) and instead of using forts to raise your DPA, use it to lower how much defensive units you need to get to the target DPA. (Because they can kill all your pes and ruin your BE in war, and also because NW/A will go up a tiny bit... still raise DPA a small about.) All those defensive units you saved with forts? Make them offense! Now your already high TGs will be modding up an even bigger number!

Truly optimal static point is often surprisingly close to 1:1 between TGs and Forts for a higher offensive elite race (orc/undead actually get the best static numbers with *more* forts than TGs), but all that yelling about how forts are bad *does* have somewhat of a point. Always aim to be at least a bit "too heavy" on the TGs at the cost of being a bit "too light" on the forts - once stuff starts changing like crazy in war it'll leave you in better shape.

Also dwarf attacker wants to look at having good hospitals (unless cleric, and even the maybe 5-10%), and probably some solid banks too. Solid WT's also a life saver - and notice how all these use those good % effects. If you build for a bit better durability you might find you only have 20% land to put into straight offense mods... and then you probably just go 20% TGs, or 15% TG 5% Forts. A "breaker" you won't be, and 100 opa isn't gonna be your thing... but if you can just keep hitting with about 80%+ of the "breaker's" OPA, you shouldn't wear down as fast, and so you'll start carrying the load later in the war. Again, talk to your kingdom about taking on a role like that - if your kingdom only ever fights min time wars, you've got a poor race choice this age, but do the best to make a big hitter out of it anyway.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I calced it last age for my halfling merchant, and it didn't make that big of a difference between 15% TGs 5% forts vs. 20% TGs 0% forts. Sure adding forts was better, but it was such a small number that I didn't see the point. Maybe if it was 20% TGs 10% forts vs. 30% TGs you'd start to see a big difference, but I don't feel like remaking my spreadsheet.

Thread Information