Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Vs Sanc

Regular

Liam Vs Sanc

Can anyone offer intel on this war?

The only time my wife was interested in this game was when she seen the kingdom page of Liam!

Who is this kingdom?

Dreamworks.
    S E C R E T S

Would be fun to have this war covered in the forum just like Simians vs Sanc was :)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Regular
    argh, cheers.

If anyone in either kingdom does not mind posting intel, I would be interested.

Regular
    That would be nice Anri.

Done and done
    Dreamworks
    So Very Wet

Regular
    thank you.

I remember dreamworks from last age, but before?

I give up on working on the app ... =\ I cant even have a quiet easter to work on it. Whoever want my leftover apk ... just ask. I give up on the project. No time =\

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Postaholic
    We need dorje here :@

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Leg View Post
    thank you.

I remember dreamworks from last age, but before?
    The kd 'Dreamworks' has been around since Age 34. Not quite sure it's the core bunch though.

Really? I have no knowledge of Dreamworks prior to last age....
    S E C R E T S

Postaholic
    Liam is "dreamworks", yes. I believe several of their leaders left and they may go for a name change, for all I know.

They decided to wave us about 2 days ago. We were fat and recovering from our previous war; I wouldn't call it a vulture but our 5 guys that had been chained to 1k by simians were all in the 1200-2500 range and none in range to hit back. Our bigger provinces had also been whoring and were fat too. In summary we were fat! We managed to hit back with doubles and only lose slight ground in a first OOW wave while converting into war builds. Many of their provinces quickly became OOR after they had finished hitting down our one big orc.

Second wave they, for whatever reason, decided to bounce-wave our smaller faery with most of their OOR provinces and some of their in-range ones. Bounces were fairly damaging, killing some 40k elites in total or about 2 dragons worth of retraining. They managed to get one massacre off on her which took inexplicably low kills. Bounces remain poorly designed in that they don't move the meter - one recommended change is that a bounce that sends x% of the target's offense should have x% chance of moving the meter by a full hit (in this case, a raze so it'd be 1 hit); bounces should probably also give limited GBP just as ops can do (perhaps an x% chance of a bounce giving the same gbp as a massacre/plunder/learn). Ah, I should confess that right before going to sleep the night before I had told that faery to cast town watch to try to get unbreakable asap. What can I say...I was tired. She's had to do a lot of kidnapping to recover from it.

In any case, since we were approaching the same hit count as them and didn't like losing 2 dragons a wave in troops, we figured we should declare. At this point there were many doomsayers among us, pointing out that they were 25 nw/a bigger than us and could all triple/quad while we'd struggle to double-tap. Others of us remained focused, realizing that most of their quad-taps would not be in range while we could do some pretty good chains with doubles. We started off chaining one guy at a time as our armies came home in war, with doubles though they eventually became triples, and since the guys we chose had no incoming from the bounces they were in some serious trouble. Our 1200-2500acre guys were less disadvantage this way; although they couldn't hit for that much they could at least finish chains (or overchains) off. So by end of our first wave when their armies were coming home, we had 3 guys pretty well down, who eventually had to release quite some troops.

Their first wave in war, they tried some chaining, but here's where the bottomfeeding problem comes in. Although they can pretty much all quad-tap (a few can only triple), their gains are so low when they try to chain that it's not really possible to do it well. They got some desertion on a few guys, but both had huge incoming and we were able to partially negate the desertion with soldier aid.

I should add, we sent a ruby dragon to them pretty early on. They started an emerald but have been unable to pay for it. Among other things, this war really highlights the income advantage of merchant. Our cow alone has more income than their whole kingdom, I suspect. And against non-merchants it does pay to slay dragons so even if they got it paid our faeries would have it dead within a few hours, I imagine.

Our second wave is about 2/3 over now and their second wave (in war) will commence soon. The kd pages make an ugly picture of it: we're up about 500k nw since war start (largely due to faery training and incoming buildings) and they are down some 1.3M; from us having 5 near-worthless provinces OOW it's now them who have 6 provinces chained down under 1200 while we have only one in range of those six (sorry, buddy). Their bigs continue growing OOR but since they're limited to 4 generals their gains cannot really improve, nor even match the gains we can get by doubling with our orc bonuses. And that's before you get into the tact attack time bonus which should get us an extra wave by min time. At this point I suspect it will be a min-time affair, though our continued success relies on us being able to continue to double which will become harder.

Hostile+war. Note we're ahead by about 2/3 of a wave in war:

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 140 (31,292 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 128 (30,423 acres)
    -- Ambush: 7 (869 acres)
    -- Conquest: 4 (390 acres)
    -- Failed: 1 (0.7% failure)
    -- Uniques: 78
    Total attacks suffered: 157 (24,359 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 130 (23,302 acres)
    -- Ambush: 6 (1,057 acres)
    -- Massacre: 1 (5,865 population)
    -- Failed: 20 (12.7% failure)
    -- Uniques: 65

** The kingdom of Sanc **
    Total land exchanged: +7,323 (140/157)
    Last edited by jdorje; 12-04-2012 at 22:27.

Stop... making... me... symphatize...
    /jk
    highly appreciated :)
    #adrenaline

Post Demon
    jdorje you sure are a hell of a player and a strategist.

gl to both kds.

Postaholic
    In a bottom feeding war... the key for Dreamworks to win is to control the bottom. Deep chaining wouldn't work, it must be a combination of max gain/semi chain on the top followed by using 3 generals to chain a smaller province. Let the Orcs in Sanctuary get fatter before using them as a cushion to gain acres.

Might be too late now but UD's are resilient (what personality are they btw?) and sooner than later the Orcs in Sanc will feel the effects of plague 24/7. I suggest Dreamworks to follow my advice above.

Whenever you fight a KD with a smaller core, the key is to 1) remove their offense; 2) control the bottom and 3) grow your middle. Keep ns-ing 2-3 Orcs all war and let them keep hitting and growing. With plague/storm/fb etc. their offense can only decline. Then when your bottom is secured, you feed on the fatties.

Good luck to both KD's. Sanc is showing promise this age.

Thread Information