Thread: New player with lots of questions!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New player with lots of questions!

So I have been playing utopia for...mebbe a month? Slightly less? Not certain. I love it here! But I have lots of questions, and though my kingdom mates are very helpful I wanted to ask all you wonderfully nice expert people for your advice as well:) No sarcasm at all! I have learned a LOT from reading these forums!

For the record, I am a human merchant, and attacker. I know its probably not the best attacker combo, but I was new!

When I joined and asked all my noobie questions my kingie delivered a building strat to me and I faithfully followed it. But NOW that I am reading and doing my own research, I am starting to question it a bit. First, there were no hospitals, and barracks at 10%. I would like to change that - as my wait times for my army are ridiculously long in my ever so humble opinon. Also, they set me up with 10% stables, but few of the building strats I have seen mention stables. So...

1-How important are stables? I realize they give offense, but I run an almost all-elite army and want to know just how much these stables add to my offense, if they are worth it? If not, I would dearly love to sink those stables into barracks.

2-SHOULD I be running an all elite army, or should I also have normal offense specs?

3- I have seen info on building efficiency. What percentage should I start worrying? Is 70% safe? What about 60%? What happens if my building efficiency goes to low? I really don't understand the concept of building efficiency at all - not certain what precisely it means.

4- Here is my very first building strat I made up. Please please please tell me what you think, if Im missing something, should change something, etc.
    10% Homes
    5% Farms (Not much, but I figure with science and stealing foods I should make it ok)
    15% Banks
    10% Training Grounds
    5% Armories (I know this will hit my pocketbook a bit, but I am a merchant and I think I can cover it)
    25% Barracks
    10% Hospitals
    5% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% Watchtowers

Updated strat based on feedback so far:
    10% Homes
    7% Farms (Not much, but I figure with science and stealing foods I should make it ok)
    15% Banks
    20% Training Grounds
    20% Barracks
    10% Hospitals
    5% Guilds
    5% Towers
    8% Watchtowers

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and answer this! I promise it is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Regary; 13-04-2012 at 07:15.

Thread Information