Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I get some feedback from fellow utopians?

Post Fiend

Can I get some feedback from fellow utopians?

I attacked into a top 10 KD Vengance , on some guy who only has 25dpa, said guy retaled me a day or two later(When my FULL offence was out, he couldnt retal the said hit at the time) Curious how such an idiot is in a top 10 KD I messaged their monarch, and this is what transpired; what are your thoughts on a situation like this?

I sent

You gotta tell this guy how to pick attacks, I was nice enough not to double tap him last time, but he came right back at me. I gotta show him how dumb he is now.... he needs more defence and he should not hit people that can easily double tap him back and still have 80dpa at home....

I got

Hitting into a kingdom so much larger then yourself looks like we need to show u some learning too, Lata

I sent

If you think you can threaten every ghetto random that hits into you your an idiot... none of you are in my range, I was trying to be helpfull pointing out a very weak link in your kingdom. If you want to spend the rest of age razing me to the ground go hard... Ill laugh the while.

I got

Firstly it wouldn't take all age, more like half a day to take u down... Secondly fly was much bigger however was chained our last war, hence his terrible defense.. High offense in this game is a better defense... Knowing when to let a hit go is also a valuable skill.

I sent

The comment about knowing when to let a hit go should be directed at fly, like I said I was nice enough to not double tap him a few attacks ago... he should know not to hit someone who can double tap him. If your kingdom is arrogant enough to think that this warrants razing my province to the ground go ahead, but im taking my land back and some. He cant even break me if I leave troops home and they will be home before his.

I sent

I refuse to let fly's stupidity be rewarded.

And then after I started this thread I got his CF proposal

Do whatever you like. I will have fly stay out of your land if u do the same, if not well... You and your kingdom will pay much more then what ur hit us worth. U want a cf b4 that happens have ur king send it over, otherwise gl with whatever u do, ur decision and move will result in ours. Peace
    Last edited by Ganga; 13-04-2012 at 23:26. Reason: locs

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No locations please...

edit:
    That said, you hit into a kd and the guy retalled. Typical utopian protocol says a retal is fair game. Purplehaze (their monarch) is very easy to work with if you want to work with him...
    Last edited by Palem; 13-04-2012 at 21:22.

Forum Addict
    Top kds don't need high dpa, because as a kingdom they can retal much stronger than you as a single ghetto prov can do. That's the dynamic that allows top kds to run low dpa. Once in a while a ghetto prov will hit into a top kd, then either the top kd attacks the prov back and offers CF which the ghetto prov accepts because he doesn't want to mess with a top kd. Or he continues the conflict and 9/10 cases ends up with less land than he start off with. Shrug.

Post Fiend
    Their monarch is 'King rocket' of 'King Smashpin" and if you read the post I hit him once even though I saw an easy double tap, because I felt that double tapping him would warrant some kind of reaction from the KD, the fact that this guy scanned me saw my offense saw my defense and STILL thought it was a good idea to retal is what I had a problem with.

Post Fiend
    I havent heard back from the guy who I hit, this is the monarch talking

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganga View Post
    Their monarch is 'King rocket' of 'King Smashpin" and if you read the post I hit him once even though I saw an easy double tap, because I felt that double tapping him would warrant some kind of reaction from the KD, the fact that this guy scanned me saw my offense saw my defense and STILL thought it was a good idea to retal is what I had a problem with.
    Purplehaze is his "Utopia Alias" if you want to call it that. If you find him on IRC, his nick is purplehaze, as well as his forum name. You want to be talking with him btw. Fly isn't so hot with diplomacy lol

That said, yea, he made a fair retal and their monarch is trying to avoid a conflict before it starts. Do you really want to war Vengeance? Also, you seem to be pushing around a little more weight than you actually have, judging by his replies/your first message/the implied missing messages.

There's more to defense than "Defensive Points". I suggest you just talk to Purplehaze, end the conflict and use it for a learning experience :)
    Last edited by Palem; 13-04-2012 at 22:07. Reason: crappy internet = double post

Post Fiend
    Defense doesn't save you when you are chained to the ground - OFFENSE does.

Keep hitting into top 10 kd's with the mindset that you have the right to do it - because they don't turtle their provinces. And you will keep getting yourself, and more importantly, YOUR KINGDOM, into conflicts you will regret rather quickly. Not only will this establish a horrible reputation among other kingdom's you do this to, it's going to earn you a very poor reputation with your kd mates who are soaking up hits because you're too small for the top 10 kd to gain from.

Post Fiend
    Theres nothing missing, I didnt edit it at all. It does seem a little mixed though some replies arent in order. Doesnt this KD have more to loose trying to punish a tiny ghetto province like mine while trying to vie for rankings in the top 10. I dont like that he didnt even acknowledge that fly made a poor choice of retalling me, he instead tried to make me feel like I should fear being chain bottom fed by provinces twice my size, while in reality being dropped to 800 acres would actually benifit my KD since I would actualy be the same size as the rest of the ghetto and I could actually take part in what will probably be the last war of the age.

I attacked into a top 10 KD
    I spotted your mistake. Retal top kds, but don't hit into them.

Also, Palem stop double posting, that's like the 3rd time this week >:|
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Im a little surprised by the responses so far, it seems like we are all supposed to just bow out to these guys and let them walk over us.

Im a little surprised by the responses so far, it seems like we are all supposed to just bow out to these guys and let them walk over us.
    You hit him, he retaled. It's you expecting to be allowed to walk all over them.... top kds don't let randoms from ghettos go unanswered most of the time.
    S E C R E T S

not top 10

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

you hit a kd that's much bigger than you and your kd. What do you expect to happen? it's not a rocket science.

Post Fiend
    Theres nothing missing, I didnt edit it at all. It does seem a little mixed though some replies arent in order. Doesnt this KD have more to loose trying to punish a tiny ghetto province like mine while trying to vie for rankings in the top 10. I dont like that he didnt even acknowledge that fly made a poor choice of retalling me, he instead tried to make me feel like I should fear being chain bottom fed by provinces twice my size, while in reality being dropped to 800 acres would actually benifit my KD since I would actualy be the same size as the rest of the ghetto and I could actually take part in what will probably be the last war of the age.

Whatever justification you are attempting to get across is moot at this point, you could just have easily hit into another ghetto kingdom, with the same nw range as your kingdom, and achieved much higher gains by doing so. You wandered into the bees nest to grab some free honey, you got stung back - take the stings and move on.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this is one of the few socially acceptable games where bullying is RAMPANT! :)

If they are bigger than you, stronger than you, or there is more of them, they WILL win.

p.s:

You're making it sound like this guy did something wrong by retal'ing your hit on him...lol
    Last edited by Shaded; 13-04-2012 at 22:09.

Post Fiend
    It was a good hit, he couldnt even hit me back, but feeling safe I sent all my elites on another attack the next day and thats when he hit me, annonamously btw like I wouldnt know who it was.

Thread Information