Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early CF:

Post Fiend

Early CF:

My KD is currently in a war.

However, the KD we are warring had a couple of unseasoned players that attacked us, and thus put their KD in hostile and we declared. Now they are asking if we can have an early end to hostilities since they recognized they are beat and they never wanted to war us in the first place.

So my question is, can we agree and stop hostilities before the first 48h of war is up without getting in trouble with the Utopian Lords ? We don't want any deletions because Dev's think we are in a fake war..

No you can't agree to stop. You must continue attacking at the same pace as before.

I will be monitoring your war and will report both your KDs if I see any drop in activity.

War minimum time is 48 hours, any less than that would constitute being in a fake war.
    S E C R E T S

Post Demon
    Ask them who their inactives/undesirables are, and smash them. See if they want the "top taken off" to level out their sizes for them a bit. Set your sci to max, don't send (another) dragon, spread the hits around - there are a good number of ways to "go easy" on an enemy. Remember, if you just trade hits for a day, everyone gains honor.

Also remember that, if you do go easy for the second half... they might just get ideas and string it out. One hopes that they've got more class than that... but nothing says they will.

Actually stopping all hits is risky as it is look at as FW, but a small drop off, especially in a getto, isn't going to be noticed, or cared about. 'Tisn't like you are farming sci/gc/rebuild or anything, you were actually gunning for the ww, which you believe you've sown up.

I was once (before FW was enforced strongly) in a 24 hour war. In the first 12 they cut me from about 1500 to 500, which I bounced to 800 when army got back. In the second they took me to about 300 + 200 incoming and did some containment on the top as well. In the same time.... we'd made maybe half their total hits. King called it off 24 hours in cause he knew if they could take me out in under 24 hours, they could take any of us out - while we weren't even in the same league. IMO, 'tis the right thing to do - when you know you are beat, surrender. If you *can't* yet... I think the winning kingdom should be able to "look the other way" for a day. But I've seen it stated it *is* considered FW... so do the "honorable" thing (IMO) at your own risk. I've always admired that kingdom that had us so beat and let us go with just giving them the win.

(Interesting to contrast with my same kingdom 3-4 ages later... if we had to rechain the same target after the first "wave" we'd be doing poorly, though we don't chain quite so deep as they did still. And in our current war we had someone dropped from about 2500 to 400 within 24 hours... and he's still in it! We are much better these days.)

Edit: it may not be clear in the above, but while I think you can get out of this with "class", you do have to be careful these days. While I disagree with the rule in this particular scenario, it has lots of shades of gray and I'm not sure I could draw a line part way either. *If* intentionally bending/breaking the rule, be certain it is because you believe it is right and accept the consequences if it is enforced. DHaran is restating what I've seen earlier - they are clear surrender in under 48 hours is a fake war.
    Last edited by Ethan; 16-04-2012 at 20:39.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

"Ask them who their inactives/undesirables are, and smash them. See if they want the "top taken off" to level out their sizes for them a bit. Set your sci to max, don't send (another) dragon, spread the hits around - there are a good number of ways to "go easy" on an enemy. Remember, if you just trade hits for a day, everyone gains honor."

Don't take any of Ethan's advice. Any mention of these tactics in game to your KD or the other KD will result in deletions.

Post Fiend
    We hit them all out for the first few hours after we declared, but they haven't really hit back.

They say they didn't want this war and several of them refuse to take part, saying they will withdraw at min time in any case.

We would rather not demolish them if we can avoid it.
    It just feels wrong hitting someone who say they have lost, say they will withdraw at min time and don't hit us back..

You don't really have much of a choice. If you don't hit, then you'll be considered in a fake war. My advice is that if you don't want to completely destroy them then take their books instead of their acres. You'll still be gaining and they'll be losing a lot, but you won't be completely destroying them.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    You don't really have much of a choice. If you don't hit, then you'll be considered in a fake war. My advice is that if you don't want to completely destroy them then take their books instead of their acres. You'll still be gaining and they'll be losing a lot, but you won't be completely destroying them.
    I'd rather lose acres than books...
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I'd rather lose acres than books...
    True, but it's less likely that their less active members will be pk'd altogether due to overpop from trads.

Post Demon
    Max gains, theft ops/propaganda, LL. It feels dirty, but you might as well take them to the cleaners. It's on them to fight back, after that point.

lol you're not going to PK anyone.

I sent the enemy monarch a pm asking that they fight back, otherwise they are going to be left with nothing after minimum time. It's on them now.

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_Spartacus View Post
    lol you're not going to PK anyone.
    Depends on where the easy acres are, the number of attackers, and the number of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Depends on where the easy acres are, the number of attackers, and the number of hits.
    Yes, lightning also strikes people depending how tall they are, the number of high objects in the area, and the number of lightning strikes.

(aka irrelevant to even bring it up cause it's not going to happen)

congrats on fluffing up your post count with more useless garbage

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_Spartacus View Post
    Yes, lightning also strikes people depending how tall they are, the number of high objects in the area, and the number of lightning strikes.

(aka irrelevant to even bring it up cause it's not going to happen)

congrats on fluffing up your post count with more useless garbage
    Thanks for your own ever so useful input.

Thread Information