Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massacre On the first day of war

Massacre On the first day of war

If we use massacre on the first day of war to disable those active t/m that we couldnt handle them when prewar hostile, can i still win the war? can anyone who has these experience share here. THX!

No incoming land on your attackers are dead attackers if you war a competent kingdom.

Veteran
    People on these forums are great at providing generic "one-size-fits-all" answers. The answer to basically every Q is "it depends". I have used massacres first day of war several times (and won vs good kd's) even if more often I've had masses used against me erroneously and it ended up with not causing sufficient damage and attacker being killed as wicked says. It's definitely an option and should be kept among the strats you consider.

How would you use it without getting chained hard? Hit someone for land as well?

Post Fiend
    if one or more attackers of your kd is shelled out and tottaly landfat let him grab some land + do one-two massacres sometime's it can be better to do this

do that on pre-war not on war ... with no incoming land, it will be easy to chain your attackers .... if u insist to do so, do that after u've won n after the minimum hour to push the stubborn kds to surrender ... or at least do that after the whole provs of your enemy is weak on defense that way u can do land hits while massacring their t/m ... but that's just me n i can be wrong

Post Demon
    Massacre for the first day isn't a bad strategy... you will have to account for the inevitability that at least one of your provinces will be chained hard, probably two, so those provinces will need ample land targets to hit in order to recover. It works best if you declare just after a wave, and the enemy doesn't have enough armies at home to conduct a proper chain. It's even nicer if you can get their buildings destroyed before their next wave.

Rather than make a universal rule, it's best to consider the specific circumstances, of which there are way too many to count. I would say that massacre on hybrids is the best, and massacre on heavy attackers isn't too bad. If you can put enough massacres on a t/m then that's good too.

Massacre pre-war is crap, though.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    For the reason Wicked mentioned, it's risky.

Without incoming land, you're open to chaining and that's going to hurt real bad. Even aside from that, with the land swapping going 100% in their favor, you're in danger of falling too far behind to be able to claw your way back.

Post Fiend
    As a full kd strat it's kinda bad but all depends on circumstances but as a full kd strat first massacre will lead to your top 5-10 prov's to get semi chained hard massacre in war mostly onley usefull for a very large province ub of yours or a real landfatty who is underpoped for example 50K max pop and he is at 25K

It can work but you should be prepared to lose 2-3 attackers to deep chains from your enemy.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Crypticterror View Post
    As a full kd strat it's kinda bad but all depends on circumstances but as a full kd strat first massacre will lead to your top 5-10 prov's to get semi chained hard massacre in war mostly onley usefull for a very large province ub of yours or a real landfatty who is underpoped for example 50K max pop and he is at 25K
    If they respond with a semi-chain they're handing you victory on a silver platter.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Massacre for the first day isn't a bad strategy... you will have to account for the inevitability that at least one of your provinces will be chained hard, probably two, so those provinces will need ample land targets to hit in order to recover. It works best if you declare just after a wave, and the enemy doesn't have enough armies at home to conduct a proper chain. It's even nicer if you can get their buildings destroyed before their next wave.

Rather than make a universal rule, it's best to consider the specific circumstances, of which there are way too many to count. I would say that massacre on hybrids is the best, and massacre on heavy attackers isn't too bad. If you can put enough massacres on a t/m then that's good too.

Massacre pre-war is crap, though.

massacre pre war crap ?!!

Forum Fanatic
    Bio Hazzard used to run this strat the first 24 hours war then switch to max gains.Sometimes it works

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    Tis all situational... generally a bad idea for obvious reasons (chained to the ground with no land incoming). On occasion we do throw massacres into our wars. It's a high risk/high reward strategy that requires a good read on the situation. Basically if you can keep tabs on where all the opponents' armies are, which one of them can attack which one of you, how many hits can they get in, etc. Then you can find ways to sneak massecres in with minimal risk.

simple examples:
    If you see most of their armies are out for 7-9 hours, and you have an avian warrior with 6 hour attack time, do a mass. It's relatively safe.
    If you've got a land fat+underpoped province, and you see that only 3-4 people can attack him during his attack time, do a mass. Even if those 3-4 people do decide to do a minichain, it won't be enough to overpop the guy (wouldn't be a good strategic decision for them anyway)
    Countess Tiffany the Invincible
    ◥Dat kungdum formerly known as HUNG3R◤
    Kingdom (now only about half) Full of Hungry Chinese Girls

thx for the tips.... :)

Thread Information