Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bio vs. HoH

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I guess when you do well one age and have some success that makes you better than everyone even though their results are much more consistent and have stood the test of time. Guess if you lose to someone a couple of times and then gain acres fighting them once that makes you superior nowadays. Who cares about records and being objective anymore.
    We've had success every age - and have been very consistent upholding our reputation. Not every one enjoys dicing and and just cf'ing every one and resulting to 1 war an age. Good thing the new mechanics are in place. This is much more fun and more worthwhile.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    BIO is the best kingdom of all time? or HoH is the worst kingdom of all time? And HoH thought they were blocking, lul.

Discuss!
    I don't think a kingdom with 140 OPA and 2k acres behind #1 had the intention of blocking. They hit us right when notice expired, that's not a blocking thing to do.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I don't think a kingdom with 140 OPA and 2k acres behind #1 had the intention of blocking. They hit us right when notice expired, that's not a blocking thing to do.
    They were blocking.

Otherwise they had crown in the bag. All they had to do was extend CF with us till a week before EoA and then wave us 3 hours before with WS casted. Crown in the bag. Instead, they decided to be the lapdogs they were and blocked for the abs.

Thumbs up

It's ok Baka.

HoH isnt mad.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    like i said very good thing the expectation is a 48 hour war with quick wd :P

dont diss spread out armies that much, its not as big a disadvantage as people make it out to be, especially if there is no goal of ww only acres. i.e. their NM waves wouldn't be usefull for all 20+ attackers anyway(without full rune stocks...see earlier post) so having armies spead out means they only need 5-6 attackers that can line up to take full advantage.

Either way im rooting for bio and i hope this war doesnt screw them over as far as dicing goes.
    I wanted to respond originally but I didn't want to fully give away our strategy, but having spread armies is a very big deal if you attack much slower than your opponent. If you're significantly spread and significantly slower, like in this case, then every single wave the faster opponent can pick someone to semi-chain down to cause a little overpop and then finish them off deep with 4x's by your smaller provinces opposed to 1-2x's before your enemy returns. This saves in quite a few hits and is very significant in an avian war where your main goal is to get to where you're 4x'ing.

Forum Addict
    I've often argued with rave over certain decisions that he has made in favour of other abs kd's when in was in HoH which I feel is often more give than take.

I wanted to respond originally but I didn't want to fully give away our strategy, but having spread armies is a very big deal if you attack much slower than your opponent. If you're significantly spread and significantly slower, like in this case, then every single wave the faster opponent can pick someone to semi-chain down to cause a little overpop and then finish them off deep with 4x's by your smaller provinces opposed to 1-2x's before your enemy returns. This saves in quite a few hits and is very significant in an avian war where your main goal is to get to where you're 4x'ing.
    Thats a bit unfair isn't it, considering your were giving advice against Sanctuary when dorje was revealing his.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 21-04-2012 at 07:03.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    all this talk about winning, crowning, scrubs and whatnot ...

bottomline you act like an as*hole, go against etics of the game and demean yourself in everyones eye ... and for what ? Its just pixels you stupid people ... just pixels ...
    I can't say I agree more but I guess you'll find that in any game. Anyone who thinks he has reached top tier will think he has the right to be a jerk and go hey look at my epeen.

Would have been a nice block is HoH wasn't such a farm. Fail.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    I've often argued with rave over certain decisions that he has made in favour of other abs kd's when in was in HoH which I feel is often more give than take.

Thats a bit unfair isn't it, considering your were giving advice against Sanctuary when dorje was revealing his.
    Dorje was playing for fun this age. BIO is playing for the crown, somewhat different stakes. Dorje wasn't pointing out mistakes Simians was making more he was stating what he thinks wins wars, how economy, NW etc. was important.

As for whether people are giving advice, I play to play against the best there is. Its why I left abs to begin with, as the competition at the time I left was rather bare. If all the best minds want to get together and plot against me, I'd be expected to lose and if I won it'd be pretty awesome. Sounds like a win/win, and what I suspect is the source of Realest's giant ego.

Realest ego so big he tapes himself masturbating, then masturbates to the tape of him masturbating.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    I recall I was playing in HoH that age, that age you were playing in dreams. And the next Insolence?
    You still missed the point that was being spoken about.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    bio: 182k acres
    hoh: 117k acres

should hoh disband? discuss.
    No, a KD should never disband just because they lose a war or ****s up and get farmed.
    They should come back swinging harder next age with a setup that does not suck.
    :)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    No, a KD should never disband just because they lose a war or ****s up and get farmed.
    They should come back swinging harder next age with a setup that does not suck.
    :)
    The troll king has spoken. Farm out ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    The troll king has spoken. Farm out ftw
    The ones farming out decides this age winners
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    We've had success every age - and have been very consistent upholding our reputation. Not every one enjoys dicing and and just cf'ing every one and resulting to 1 war an age. Good thing the new mechanics are in place. This is much more fun and more worthwhile.
    To be fair you guys are having actual success in the top this age and deserve credit for it. No one can argue against that. Does that make you guys better overall than every single kingdom you beat? Not really, think of the NBA these guys are all so good that they anyone can beat anyone on a given day, what matters in the end is record. Would I call your past two ages successful? Depends on what your actual goals were at the start of the age, considering you called them "do FSU to the top (as opposed to smaller kds) age" I would not call them successful because losing 2 cows and not stopping anyone in exchange isn't doing FSU, its having FSU done to you. Thats the past though, congrats on your performance this age.

Thread Information