Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bio vs. HoH

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You know that you're less fortunate than others when your edit reason stating "grammer" is, in fact, misspelled.
    indeed, English is not my strong suit.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Even with the good science u guys have at the top (not like your all sage), 26 pop per acre NOT counting peasants seems almost too pumped. Guess its a good thing that the expectation is a 48 hour war and not till the death.
    Undeads lack of need for farms afforded them more banks and homes (up to 20%) to give the undeads some insanely powerful raw military numbers, as well as better econ than us. They also were able to pull off 25% guards as well so they are outhitting by a rather significant margin, albeit much more slowly.

Had simply winning the conflict been the goal, we would have won the "bounce" war with ops and a sapphire dragon. our 15% hosps equated roughly to the undeads without hospitals. However, winning the conflict in that fashion would have certainly resulted in a multi-week conflict which isn't ideal for us.

Our strategy once they bounced was quite simple. They bounced on the day taxes are due and I'm an accountant and have been at work for 26 hours straight, so rather than spend time thinking about what to do, we just hit.

The hope being we could hit them without any land incoming for 2 waves and neutralize their econ advantage (higher peasants). Perhaps we wait too long to hit to fully pull this off, but it seems to be working slightly.

On the flip side, we're in the unenviable position of having given the button to a kingdom with more offense and gains, and that's topfeeding our bigs which between nightmare and just their sheer 140 OPA, shouldn't be a problem for HoH to dispose of. How well they do that depends on how they play it, with their biggest obstacle being their completely spread armies, as they didn't want to bounce all 25 at once, and did a few every couple hours.

Usually wars at this size (the first two kingdoms to hit 150k) the winner determines who crowns. Its unfortunate that there was too much competition around for us to play more button games. Undeads should win easily in the chain war, however avians will win quite easily if both sides lose all their defense.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    However, winning the conflict in that fashion would have certainly resulted in a multi-week conflict which isn't ideal for us...
    like i said very good thing the expectation is a 48 hour war with quick wd :P

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    their biggest obstacle being their completely spread armies, as they didn't want to bounce all 25 at once, and did a few every couple hours.
    dont diss spread out armies that much, its not as big a disadvantage as people make it out to be, especially if there is no goal of ww only acres. i.e. their NM waves wouldn't be usefull for all 20+ attackers anyway(without full rune stocks...see earlier post) so having armies spead out means they only need 5-6 attackers that can line up to take full advantage.

Either way im rooting for bio and i hope this war doesnt screw them over as far as dicing goes.

HoH blocking for absalom after years of service.

Post Fiend
    Well obviously any Absalom/Hall kingdom that ever wars this age is "blocking" for the non-warring absalom/Hall kd. It isnt blocking until all 3 Absalom kingdoms and HoH war at the exact same time...Hmmmm maybe they can all wave a different kingdom at the same time and not do so much darn blocking :(

How dare those scum war/block!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's "blocking" until HoH wins the age and everyone says "That was so stupid and it doesn't count!"

Fury is the Cats Pajamas.

I told ya'll Trinity was going to win, ya'll didn't believe me anyways.

Go Bebop!
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Postaholic
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Jan Taminiau (:) invaded Zombies with Shiny Shoes (:) and captured 1,628 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Jan Taminiau (:) invaded Zombies with Shiny Shoes (:) and captured 1,335 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife Jan Taminiau (:) invaded Zombies with Shiny Shoes (:) and razed 1,217 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Dead Undead (:) invaded Living Dead (:) and captured 1,654 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Dead Undead (:) invaded Living Dead (:) and captured 1,356 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Dead Undead (:) invaded Living Dead (:) and captured 1,112 acres of land.

Seems like HoH decided to take down our chain targets for us.
    Last edited by baka; 19-04-2012 at 10:47.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Jan Taminiau (:) invaded Zombies with Shiny Shoes (:) and captured 1,628 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Jan Taminiau (:) invaded Zombies with Shiny Shoes (:) and captured 1,335 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife Jan Taminiau (:) invaded Zombies with Shiny Shoes (:) and razed 1,217 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Dead Undead (:) invaded Living Dead (:) and captured 1,654 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Dead Undead (:) invaded Living Dead (:) and captured 1,356 acres of land.
    June 16 of YR9 In local kingdom strife, Dead Undead (:) invaded Living Dead (:) and captured 1,112 acres of land.

Seems like HoH decided to take down our chain targets for us.
    WTF?! Any clue what's going on?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    WTF?! Any clue what's going on?
    I think it's not hard to guess.

Enthusiast
    LOL and just when I thought HoH couldn't possibly get any worse. Intra razing not to farm out to BIO...gotta be a new record for a low even for HoH.

lame
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Couldn't blame HoH for that.. theyre just lapdogs of ABS so they are just obeying orders.. :P nice Powerplay tho.. i didnt expect such gay moves there.. (:L
    i Fix </3

Forum Addict
    It's not like the strategy is illegal or anything. So roflmao at all the comments.

Countries have used it during world wars, ruining oil depots and burning down their own resources to avoid enemy capture.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 19-04-2012 at 11:56.

Thread Information