Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Questions T/M

Post Fiend

10 Questions T/M

1. Are the guides fully updated each age?
    2. Nightmare: "Makes roughly 1.5% of troops be put back in training" I assume it includes thieves but not wizards? Does it include army out?
    3. Expose Thieves: "Opponent stealth reduced to roughly 93% of original stealth". It means current/remaining stealth right? rounded down, up or nearest %?
    4. Aggression: "Soldiers are 2/0 units instead of 1/1 units for the duration of the spell". How does it affect Halflings? 2/0, 3/1 or 4/0?
    5. Invisibility: "10% more thievery offense" Does that mean effectiveness or damage?
    6. Sabotage Wizards: "Reduces the target provinces mana by a small percentage" Formula please(how many thieves to send etc.)? Is it worth the stealth(if not, BOOST IT!)?
    7. Arson: What is the rate/formula? 6% of enemy's built buildings at the rate of 0.0045/thief?
    8. Greater Arson: Based on formula, 223 thieves are need to destroy 1 building. At 17 buildings left of a certain building type, 6% of it = 1.02, at 16, 6% of it is 0.96. So does this mean that any building type can only be reduced down to a minimum of 16 or is there a minimum of 1 acre destruction? i.e. keep sending 223 thieves another 16 times to burn it down to 0.
    9. How do I calculate the duration of Incite Riots, Bribe Generals and Bribe Thieves?
    10. Propaganda: has anyone been able to make a close find of the formula? Sending different amounts of thieve yields differing amount of converted population, yet, sometimes 0 is converted with all thieves sent.
    Last edited by Darius; 18-04-2012 at 11:57.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    1. They're supposed to be. Occasionally something gets missed though.
    2. It's army home, but it doesn't affect thieves, nor wizards.
    3. Yes. Basically, it costs them the same stealth that would have been used on an op.
    4. Halfling is 3/1
    5. Effectiveness
    6. Works the same as Expose Thieves
    7. I'm not sure.
    8. I don't believe there is a minimum number to be burned down, so it should stop at 16.
    9. Again, not sure.
    10. Yet again, not sure.

Strategy Moderator
    ug...beat me, by 2 min...i'll add to a couple

3. its current stealth.. so if you cast it 5 times and they start with 100% their stealth goes to .93^5 ~ 0.695. Im not sure how its rounded, like 100->93->87->81 or down like 100->93->86->70 are both valid...test it to check.

9. Send more thieves get longer ops...no one has a formula right now

10. You get zero when u random into a unit type that there is zero of/zero at home of. No one knows exact formula, contains the most info on the data i personally have gathered. http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...highlight=prop
    Last edited by Persain; 18-04-2012 at 17:42.

2. Fairly certain it affects thieves as well, just not wizards. My KD sometimes run NMs first in order to drop target TPA, followed by mass NS.

Taken from wiki:
    "Throne Room Notification: This morning, X of our men from our armies and thieves' guild turned up unfit. The Soldiers quit, while the rest are being retrained. They should be available again in 8 days."

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Oh really? I just figured it was army-only. Don't utilize NM much.

I know 100% certain that NM affects thieves too. This makes following a NM wave with a NS wave a lot easier.

Tornadoes and arson can also target barren land which makes them less effective the more land is barren.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Wiki engine is constructed to make changes separately.

First of all changes
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Race (table first of all)
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Personality (table first of all)
    Then
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Age_53

Then other pages

So, most updated pages are Races, Personality and Age

There is the forum, no guide.
    2. Nightmare: "Makes roughly 1.5% of troops be put back in training" I assume it includes thieves but not wizards? Does it include army out?
    Only army that are home. yes including thieves.
    3. Expose Thieves: "Opponent stealth reduced to roughly 93% of original stealth". It means current/remaining stealth right? rounded down, up or nearest %?
    it rounds up par by 7% of the remaining stealth. take 4-6 ET to cut their stealth in half. *thumb rule*
    4. Aggression: "Soldiers are 2/0 units instead of 1/1 units for the duration of the spell". How does it affect Halflings? 2/0, 3/1 or 4/0?
    3/1
    5. Invisibility: "10% more thievery offense" Does that mean effectiveness or damage?
    Effectiveness
    6. Sabotage Wizards: "Reduces the target provinces mana by a small percentage" Formula please(how many thieves to send etc.)? Is it worth the stealth(if not, BOOST IT!)?
    Same as ET, 3tpa is my number.
    7. Arson: What is the rate/formula? 6% of enemy's built buildings at the rate of 0.0045/thief?
    thumbrule 4tpa
    8. Greater Arson: Based on formula, 223 thieves are need to destroy 1 building. At 17 buildings left of a certain building type, 6% of it = 1.02, at 16, 6% of it is 0.96. So does this mean that any building type can only be reduced down to a minimum of 16 or is there a minimum of 1 acre destruction? i.e. keep sending 223 thieves another 16 times to burn it down to 0.
    same as arson, 4tpa
    9. How do I calculate the duration of Incite Riots, Bribe Generals and Bribe Thieves?
    2tpa
    10. Propaganda: has anyone been able to make a close find of the formula? Sending different amounts of thieve yields differing amount of converted population, yet, sometimes 0 is converted with all thieves sent.
    same as NM, whatever are home has a chance of being converted.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

5% max converted for prop and 0% min ... =) it very random ... it mainly for honor hogging!

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Post Fiend
    What is the minimum which I should/you usually send for Sabotage wizards? Is 1 thief enough? How about bribes? How about propaganda?

Btw, thanks for the many helpful answers.
    Last edited by Darius; 19-04-2012 at 03:10.

4tpa for close to max duration for incite riots, though you fail rate will go up a little if enemy has wt's and/or decent tpa
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

bribe theif and genrals....10 theif will last for the tick you peformed it on, 2-3tpa for up to 8day duration
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Post Fiend
    Same as ET, 3tpa is my number.
    What?! send 3tpa of thieves each time to do that op?!

2~3tpa per ops .. yes

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Post Fiend
    =_= that is a lot to send. E.T. is so easy.
    What happens if I send less?

Thread Information