Thread: Revamping the Plague

Revamping the Plague

I just realized/discovered an interesting little quirk concerning the Plague.

I had attacked an Undead for a sizable grab - no problem there.

But, shortly before my troops made it home, he ambushed my army - no problem there, either.

During the Ambush, he gave the Plague to... the troops I have at home? And, of course, there's the possibility of your at-home troops contracting the Plague from troops attacking a Province several islands away.

While it makes perfect sense that your Province as a whole is affected when contracting the Plague due to an Undead attacking you directly, it seems odd that parts of your population who have had no contact with Undead get it as well.

Which gives me an idea for a possible revamp of the Plague:

Insofar as game mechanics go, there would actually be TWO Plagues.

The first (new idea) applies specifically to away armies - those which contract the Plague by attacking an Undead (in any fashion) or ambushed by an Undead. Each tick that goes by while Plagued kills something like 0.5%-1.0% of the forces in that army (per unit type). Each tick beyond the first has a cumulative 5% chance of the army ridding itself of the Plague through attrition - 5% second tick, 10% third tick, 15% fourth tick, etc.

The second, corresponding with the current effects and all, would apply to Provinces hit directly by an Undead (or any other Race currently affected by it) - or should your army still have the Plague when they return home.

Just a notion...
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Fiend
    Numbers absolutely need tweaking. ~3% chance to still have plague after a 10 hour attack time. Cure rate would have to increase or kill rate decrease or both. I assume you'd want hospitals+NB to not work on it since the army is away. Sounds interesting. Makes Avian seem even better though.

Thread Information