Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on Age 54 potential changes.

Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    Can we get a clarification on what the +x TPA/WPA actually means?
    they are just normal tpa/wpa mods - i believe the game refers to them as + success mods.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Please make Avians somewhat balanced with other races. The only one that will even come close to competing with them in these changes is Human. Avian and Human are both well above all other races this age.

-25% TPA/WPA makes Orc unplayable. Pick one.

Dwarfs do not make sense. They're a boring race with these changes and don't have anything that makes them useful. You wrecked their economies, didn't improve their militaries. They were already underpowered - awful changes to them.

Elf is still awful. There is no purpose for Elves that is not now better served by Avian (attacker or hybrid) or Faery (T/M). The only reason to play Elves would be if you lost a bet.
    Humans have an aweful 6/5 like all the other aweful 6/5 , 5/6 elites.

Forum Addict
    lol.. speaking about an overpowered suggestion.
    Well since Faery is so overpowered might as well overpower everything else. :P

Can we get a clarification on what the +x TPA/WPA actually means?
    You probably know this already but want a real clarification, but im a hundred percent sure its just reworded from the previous magic/thievery effectiveness.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Regular
    I just checked twice to make sure it wasn't april 1st.

Post Fiend
    UD lose no farms?
    sage lose free hourly books?
    human t/m?

these changes don't make any sense at all... I'm not going to comment any further on the racial changes until a real list is posted... Because this list is clearly a mistake of some sort, or maybe someone was really high when coming up with them.

Most of the mechanics changes I like. I already gave my opinion on 100 books per acre in a different thread. Also, 5 credits per acre is great, but wouldn't that give orcs a crazy advantage? I'd think someone would oop war with a friend, and just do minimal hits to make it look like a real war, to get an early 5 epa advantage.

Same with the books, probably lots of fake max gains wars early on to get a quick advantage. Grow to 1-1.5k acres in protection, war a friend, just exchange max gains hits to make it look real, and then one kd ends up with 100-150k free books and 5 epa (if orc). Landdrop to 800 acres, war a real kd and smash the crap out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    You probably know this already but want a real clarification, but im a hundred percent sure its just reworded from the previous magic/thievery effectiveness.
    Devs just use weird wording at times ;p (I figured it'd be eff., just wanted it confirmed). Bishop doesn't seem too sure tho as he 'believes' :)

Post Fiend
    The war declaration range for kingdoms will be changed to 25% smaller or 33% larger

War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops to 50% of yours.
    This seems weird, first off; Why can't we war someone bigger? Sucks if you have noone in range. =(

Secondly; I think the auto-ww should depend some on the initial NW difference?

Post Fiend
    Same with the books, probably lots of fake max gains wars early on to get a quick advantage. Grow to 1-1.5k acres in protection, war a friend, just exchange max gains hits to make it look real, and then one kd ends up with 100-150k free books and 5 epa (if orc). Landdrop to 800 acres, war a real kd and smash the crap out of them.
    First off you risk deletion. Secondly you really think 100bpa gonna make you "smash a real kd" alone?

Director of Age Changes
    The undead need to eat? Disgusting!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

why bother doing this? yall just made whats unique to races and switched it around? you basically just changed the names of the races, picked random bonuses from a hat to add, and called it a new age
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    The racial changes are bad, really. I really hope none of it gets implemented. None of the races are on par with Faery, not even close.

All the races need a huge boost and I appreciate trying to change things around.

Positives
    Orcs - giving RM, this is not bad. Isn't Shadowlight an all spell? It's pointless spell to be race specific anyway, its a very minimal advantage.

Good that you're encouraging hybrids, but there's too much lacking from the elites, cost and the nw changes.

So so, give humans +30% BE. I've no clue why you've given this to Humans I'd rather give them the sci bonus back.

Negatives
    -All the + Dmg bonuses? Aweful, u only have so much space. It's never really worked in the past and there's no way to make it work.

-You only so much space weak elites with medium Thievery/Magic Bonuses aren't gonna help.

================================================================
    I dont know how you're going to fix it but you can start with shaving 2 nw off from all the hybrid races elites considering how aweful they are.

And changing all the +30% thievery/magic to +70%. Faery has all spells, makes no sense that a race can have all spells and all ops (rogue) and have +50% to both. That makes sense at least the halfer and elf will be strong respectively. I prefer you don't weaken the faery but strengthen both respectively, +30% isnt much, everything is affected by space after all.

Oh yeah if you boost that then u need to boost the other races a little (except faery) and dont nerf undeads, they aren't great.

=================================================================
    Summary
    - Reduce all weak elites by 2 nw. Except dwarf, undead, avian and orc.
    - Boost Thievery/Magic bonus to 70%
    - Give elves +30% dmg. Give avians something else, maybe +70-100% BR
    - Halfers 100-150gc thieves.
    - Humans +25-30% BE, +10% Science effectiveness and +10% honour gains. + Dmg is useless
    - Undead -10% science penalty, 50% chance of infecting with the plague.
    - Orcs - +20% gains +50% BR, (-15% thievery/magic)

With the exception of something being done about bounces (Which isn't enough and also adds more pure RNG to the game which is horrible, but I'll take it), I've read over these changes several times and I don't like them at all. 48 hour farming out to give someone else those massive bonuses will happen, and what's worse, the forced war end isn't good enough to compensate. I just had a war where the opponent was simply being beaten down, but to get to that point would've taken ages if not have been impossible. What's to stop a bad, stubborn kingdom from refusing to surrender and being able to hold at 60-70% networth for a week, making the better kingdom stagnate badly or force them to withdraw, then immediately rewaving them with the absurd amount of bonuses the winning kingdom gets if they do withdraw? One kingdom could basically lock down another for an insane amount of time by doing this.

Regular
    I can't see a reason why faery should lose 2 of their strongest spells, MS and chastity (unless mystic) but keep blood lust/ aggression/ fanaticism/ war spoils/ quick feet... The -2 off spec should pretty much rule out attacking as far as faery's concerned. I guess this means an end to the faery circle :'(.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    why bother doing this? yall just made whats unique to races and switched it around? you basically just changed the names of the races, picked random bonuses from a hat to add, and called it a new age
    Stealing my words tbqh. And yeah, mostly you just changed the niche of half the races and most of them now look bad as a result. All it does is shift the dynamic and the stereotype. Now Dwarfs are the "bad BE race" and still suck. I still can't fathom how Dwarves were considered anything more than trash entering this age, though. Though the fact that so few of them exist makes the point anyway

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by fwordz View Post
    First off you risk deletion. Secondly you really think 100bpa gonna make you "smash a real kd" alone?
    maybe not to smash a kd right away, but 100bpa and 5epa in 48 +12 mintime EOWCF hours is a nice little boost. And if both kds max gains mostly army in/out, both kds will end up in decent shape and one will get a nice boost at the end.
    Last edited by Bishop; 18-04-2012 at 17:46. Reason: advertising

Thread Information