Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Comments on Age 54 potential changes.

Post Fiend

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I've been extremely disappointed by the lack of the second batch of changes for the past two days now :(
    Yes I would agree on that one.

+1
    Crossed over to the Dark Side, is this what I have always wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I've been extremely disappointed by the lack of the second batch of changes for the past two days now :(
    +1.

Forum Addict
    It's probably too late to make comments at this point, but I'd like to make two comments on the current changes aimed at promoting game-play for newbs, ghettos, and people who haven't bought into the game yet.

1) I like the changes for what people get for winning wars. However, I think there should be more buffs for the losing side. From my experience, a big issue with this game is rage-quitting, particularly after a hard loss. Making it so people don't feel like they're screwed and should play a different game until next age(at which time they might forget the game exists in the first place) would possibly help newbs struggle through the steep learning curve.

2) I know people weren't into shepard, and that the biggest use of dwarf in the top end was made obsolete with changes to build costs; however, dwarf/shepard was the classic pick for newbs. It let them mess up continuously, and fix there stuff just as quickly. Having an econ buff(easier to manage econ), and free buildings(able to rebuild after you realize you don't need a home for every peasent) is pretty solid for newbs. I think it's a bad idea to remove the mechanics that were on dwarf that allowed them to be newb friendly. I would actually suggest always keeping at least one race(better yet, an obvious race/pers choise) for newbs.

Post Demon
    With Dwarf changed, the nature of Dw/Shep would be different.

Personally I'd rather have shep back in place of War Hero, which as proposed is beyond worthless for any player. The war hero bonuses can be split among various personalities... hell you can rename Tacticians Generals or War Heroes to get the throwback feel. I never liked the "Conniving" title anyway.

Shep isn't so horribly bad as it is now, but kinda pointless with the changes to exploration. I thought of merging Shepherd and old Artisan's bonuses to flatrate buildings to make the personality more viable against Merchant and Sage.

Mystic is hella overpowered with the current proposed changes, but at least now the personality will have its day in the sun.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    In general I'm very happy with the changes. What's good about Utopia is that there are 64 combo's that are all more or less playable, depending on what building strat you run etc.

The only thing that I would want to see is more protection for smaller kingdoms. I don't see why 90% of the kingdoms should suffer random hits from the top 10% KDs just because they want to finish on 30M NW instead of 20M NW at the end of the age. As an attacker, you cannot protect yourself, nor as a TM you can. I've just entered a war with 250K science gone and 2.5K elites dead because of botomfeeders. Retal, and you get hit 5-10 times back. Do nothing, you can become an easy farm. So my suggestion again is to drastically lower gains from botomfeeding AND topfeeding (to make it fair on the big guys). Gains should be more based on KD NW, and less on relative NW between 2 provinces.
    This is the words of wisdom. I strongly support on this idea.

Kds wave on kds often pick size and networth much smaller than them. The current system already protected small kds against bigger kd a lot, which is the current Fortified stance. However, this stance also limit the growth of the kd who applied the stance itself. So basically it is an unpleasant thing as well.

What I am thinking here is maybe we could make use of the relationship between the hostility meter and and the kd's size and networth, and further increase the effect of reduced gain.

For example, when a bigger kd hit into a smaller kd, the more they hit into, the more the relationship and the less gain they could get from it.

This is an early idea which hasn't gone into any deeper thoughts as while we are thinking for the smaller kds, in the same time we too have to prevent smaller kd abuse the benefit and hit into bigger kd for topfeeding as well. To reach a balance of this seems to be quit difficult.

Regular
    Mechanic changes are good.

Races changes however ... so no more accurates CB ? Even halfers ?

Some races lost their soul ... undeads don't need food, dwarves need extra and have good buildings. What next step ? Slow avians and heavy attackers Faeries ?

Total agreement on bonuses for lose during war.

I am in complete agreement on the previous posters comment about the losing kd needing benefits.

Fundamentally, this game is about having fun. Winning wars is fun. Being in wars is fun. Spending a week or two having to 'retool' after a bad loss, sucks. It takes all the joy out of the game.

For Ghetto Kd's, those 2 weeks of getting thumped while trying to rebuild after a war really sucks. The 2 days of 'war' protection after a war is really nice. It helps a KD who's been badly hurt to rebuild. It also helps a winning Kd consolidate their land that they won.

However, this age you're looking at providing even more benefits to the winners and penalizing losers. Okay, extra rewards for winning is nice. It encourages people to win. However, the penalty for losing makes the risk SO high, that I would never recommend a monarch accepts a war that we didn't actively ask for. I actually think this change will REDUCE wars, not increase them.

I would like to see the winner KD get the honor, and maybe some science, but would like to see the loser get benefits to their economy, specifically something that would allow them to rebuild, and perhaps get some of the acres lost back. Otherwise, one early loss will doom a KD to the ghetto and discourage play form new/returning players.

my .02

Forum Addict
    Are you alive Bishop??? I am seriously getting worried. What if a fanatic muslim....I mean a fanatic utopian got twisted and clubbed him to death? Anyone seen him lately? I WANT SECOND BATCH OF CHANGES YOU INFIDEL!

If you want to feel his presence around put a kingdom location in here ... I'm sure he'll xx:xx that

TTT:
    1. Change text in attack select list (it says -2 days for learn/plunder/massacre and -4 for ambush which is never real) - either calculate the exact time for that attack (as for in-game mod off calc) or make those -d days real
    Considering that Fog is bad cause mess things in RL, same is with this information.

2. As I said, I will propose this every new age: bring back CB

Thank you
    Last edited by KipahFromKF; 27-04-2012 at 11:20.

Thread Information