Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No wonder no one plays this game anymore

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Chops, crying? I made *one* topic about Rage breaking notice while we were in EoWCF and informed them that we'll be waving them when the notice is up regardless of their relations -- and we did.

I fail to see any crying... unless of course you think that I'm crying in this message as well since I'm informing you that you're a dumbass.

Summary: Information != Crying
    Yes you did and we are thankful for it, gained 10k during the conflict and a WW to boot.

I had a run in with a super ghetto while I was monarch of a top 50 ghetto. We hit into them for easy gains, but their attackers retalled. We tried flexing our "we're bigger than you and we'll eat you alive" muscles but they just laughed and retaled every hit we made into them twice, for bigger and better gains!

I eventually offered them a CF because fighting them was completely pointless and we were loosing ground! Next time you get hit by a bigger kingdom, RETAL THAT SH*T!! If they hit you again, retal again! they'll move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

I have a solution! If you don't want to get hit by top kd, just stay small. How about that? :p

Quote Originally Posted by ahurazor View Post
    Lol bishop gr8 business motto, read a book on running a successful enterprize perhaps and perhaps stop being a prick. I simply offered a suggestion, yes i admit whilst whinging. To the person that said dont outgrow your kingdom, this is absolutely a fair point, however in this instance i defected into a kingdom with 12 provinces, became monarch was able to delete the inactives, took us down to 6, its hard to stay within size, tho due to the "suicide attacks" its becoming more possible Thanks and although this is a team game who doesnt want to grow their province up, in actual fact we were tryin to put together an active kingdom for next round, but I came accross what i thought was a stupid flaw in the game. Yes your entitled to your opinions and im not suggesting your wrong, simply stating my view, Which is suicide attacking is a ridiculous thing that can be gotten away with so easily with the top kingdoms, and "morbid", yea ill retal then get gangbaned down to 0 out of spite. I dont have the luxury of suicide attacking. But forget it, you might as well lock the thread rather than u coming back in "Bishop" telling me im stupid and i should quit the game, GR8 person representing the company. Show some respect when you disagree with someone. You dont have to go by the "idea" that the customer is always right, but you could perhaps not assume the customer is a dumb f'ing idiot and needs to be told so. End Rant.
    Your thread title and attitude is disrespectful to the people that dedicate their free time, energy and money to this game. Until you show respect you are not entitled to any in return. Don't confuse these forums for your personal playground.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    just for everyones information i am running 100% Elites, but i am hardly gonna retal a kingdom who has 23mil total nw when we have 3.6mil. I am surprised support is this rude. I think some ppl r blatantly missing the point which is Suicide attacking, and your right bishop, 100k players down to 7500, musnt be anything going wrong.

Edit- to those offering spots in their kd, appreciate the offers, tho would likely need room for a friend to, if its a posibility, send me a pm, ta.
    U have less than 5 post, tell you what.

If you pass the interview and if you can fit in you'll have the chance at payback. And yes I have more than 1 spot open, find me on irc.utonet.org #MA

I don't think you know what suicide attacking means. If they have genuinely suicided, you should be quadding them for every hit they "suicide" on you.

What you really mean, is you've built your province in such a way that you can't retal attacks as you've nothing but defence. No surprise that if you're breakable, you're an attractive target as you can't do anything in return.

Take a step back and reconsider if your province strategy is working, then adjust.

Enthusiast
    Um.. Keep retalling top kingdoms and they will move on! Most top kingdoms pick on noobs like you because you don't fight back! They're fighting for a crown and you give them free resources... take your acres back and 99% of the time they will move onto another noob explorer running all defense... it's a war game! If all you want to do is grow go play sim city idiot.

Lol bishop gr8 business motto, read a book on running a successful enterprize perhaps and perhaps stop being a prick. I simply offered a suggestion, yes i admit whilst whinging. To the person that said dont outgrow your kingdom, this is absolutely a fair point, however in this instance i defected into a kingdom with 12 provinces, became monarch was able to delete the inactives, took us down to 6, its hard to stay within size, tho due to the "suicide attacks" its becoming more possible Thanks and although this is a team game who doesnt want to grow their province up, in actual fact we were tryin to put together an active kingdom for next round, but I came accross what i thought was a stupid flaw in the game. Yes your entitled to your opinions and im not suggesting your wrong, simply stating my view, Which is suicide attacking is a ridiculous thing that can be gotten away with so easily with the top kingdoms, and "morbid", yea ill retal then get gangbaned down to 0 out of spite. I dont have the luxury of suicide attacking. But forget it, you might as well lock the thread rather than u coming back in "Bishop" telling me im stupid and i should quit the game, GR8 person representing the company. Show some respect when you disagree with someone. You dont have to go by the "idea" that the customer is always right, but you could perhaps not assume the customer is a dumb f'ing idiot and needs to be told so. End Rant.
    Ok, here's what's going on: Top kingdoms want to be big. They hit people who won't hit back because that benefits their goals. There's fierce competition at the top and they just can't afford to waste a wave to kill a nub. The trick is that they make you think they can and most of the time it works. So if you're getting hit by a kingdom fighting for the land or netw crown, just hit back and they'll offer CF so they can look for easy gains elsewhere because trading acres isn't in their best interest.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Your thread title and attitude is disrespectful to the people that dedicate their free time, energy and money to this game. Until you show respect you are not entitled to any in return. Don't confuse these forums for your personal playground.
    hmm +1
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Post Demon
    Utopia is a team game (*gasp*), not a solo game. It's not made for people who want to rule the server on their own. You're getting hit because you don't have a team, which is exactly what is supposed to happen. If you want to grow, find a team that also wants to do that, so you can protect each other. Of course that won't work if all of you run all defense, because then you'll still be safe hits, regardless of how many you are. The game mechanics are (in this matter) completely fine, and not different from what they've been before. If you managed to explore untouched years ago, it wasn't because the game tried to make that possible, but because you got lucky and there were even worse players around that were easier targets. Team games do not (and should not) cater to solo players, end of story.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    With all the respect in the world Bishop, but:

Criticism is part of the game. You should also be able to deal with it properly. Doesn' t matter if someone spends his free time and own money on it. If a game has flaws, the developers should be thankful we openly tell them.

Now you may or may not agree with ahurazor, fact is that how the game currently works bigger kingdoms can easily feed on smaller ones with provinces in their range. Now it' s up to the developers to change this or not. Personally I feel this is just how it works. Bigger ones pick on smaller ones, this is life. You could make it a little bit more difficult by adding somewhat of a penalty related to KD size, but I wonder of that would do the game any good.

I agree with others that there is a lot you could do to make yourself less attractive to get attacked. Everybody should stay in the same range. Don't pile up resources. Join a bigger, more organized kingdom. Or if you are desperate, join an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robar1980 View Post
    With all the respect in the world Bishop, but:

Criticism is part of the game. You should also be able to deal with it properly. Doesn' t matter if someone spends his free time and own money on it. If a game has flaws, the developers should be thankful we openly tell them.

Now you may or may not agree with ahurazor, fact is that how the game currently works bigger kingdoms can easily feed on smaller ones with provinces in their range. Now it' s up to the developers to change this or not. Personally I feel this is just how it works. Bigger ones pick on smaller ones, this is life. You could make it a little bit more difficult by adding somewhat of a penalty related to KD size, but I wonder of that would do the game any good.

I agree with others that there is a lot you could do to make yourself less attractive to get attacked. Everybody should stay in the same range. Don't pile up resources. Join a bigger, more organized kingdom. Or if you are desperate, join an alliance.
    There are already penalties for the bigger kingdoms, that's what we've been trying to explain.... Every advantage is already on the side of the smaller guy in a 1 on 1 retal war, you will outgain the bigger guy every single time because the mechanics already address hitting down. If you are able to retal you should, most big kingdoms will move on to easier targets, it's that simple. If the OP doesn't want to listen to people who have been there and done that, then he really shouldn't even bother posting. That's why Bishop and the others gets frustrated.
    Last edited by DHaran; 20-04-2012 at 14:10.
    S E C R E T S

But this isnt a flaw, this is someone complaining about how unfair it is cause he dont know how the game works.

Fact is thats how it always been working and actually there are more mechanics making bottomfeed lessing appealing. There is already penalty of hitting smaller kingdoms, the smaller kingdom in fact have the better position here.

Its the way people come here, complain cause they got hit dont bring anything constructive to the table.

Post Demon
    I seams to agree with most of what is said, top kingdoms are not gooing to bother with exchanging blows most of the time.
    My kingdom went for a so-called top kingdom in the beginning of the age they was not happy to exchange blows when we was arround 600 acres and had the same military they had at 1k acres, eventually this ended in a war where they got above 200% of our nw in mere hours but chose to withdraw after close to 3 days of war since we did not bulge one bit and was pinning 4-5 of their provinces with conquests while their gains was overall just bad an randoms would be more benifitting.
    Sadly with the new suggested changes they would have gained lots of resurces from dooing nothing if beeing twice as big should count for an automatically win, so we'll probably not repeat this tactic next age.

Enthusiast
    the best defense is a good offense in this game mate

no matter how defended you are if you can't do anything back ill just keep taking my free acres.

Thread Information