Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bounce Waving

Bounce Waving

Hey. So the KD i'm in is currently in pre war button games and no one wants to give it up to the other. Yesterday, they started bounce waving against us so they could attack without moving the button. Our monarch considered doing it back but then changed his mind dismissing it as a stupid idea. We are currently in fortified and they are in normal stance. I imagine that they would be more effective in hurting us than we would hurting them doing bounces (since we're in fortified) but I still don't understand this concept. It seems like you would be doing far more damage to yourself than you would to the enemy. It might help lower their defenses to eventually break them, but it still sounds stupid to me.

Does anyone want to explain what advantage a bounce wave or chain has and what the proper way to do it is?

Post Fiend
    There is no pre war button games. You have kept us waiting many times. We have no confirmation you will war us, and you wont send CF.
    You continue to op us and bounce us back as well.
    If you want to just war, you could have pressed the button when you got it yesterday. You decided not to press it.
    We are not going to give you an open button when you do not reply to us in game about whether or not you will war us.

We gave you the button once already, why would you think we will give it again any time soon?

Once we finish up the war, I will give all my knowledge about why we did, but I wont do it before.

So lets go ahead and war and we can have some fun. Or send us a CF. We are after a war, nothing else. You want to war, great, if not, send a CF.
    CanWe

Base losses are slightly higher on defense than they are on offense. Also, being in fortified doesn't mod the losses, so it's equally effective in any stance. Bouncing on high def targets is useful at times to bring their defense in range of more of your hitters. It's mostly used to make an unbreakable province breakable.
    S E C R E T S

Forum Addict
    Pretty sure base losses are higher for offense when you bounce. Although if you don't have serious loss reduction and are bounce waving, then you likely have other problems.

I wasn't aware losses were modded by success or failure.
    S E C R E T S

Post Demon
    I think defensive losses are lower on bounces, rather than offensive losses being higher.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    I think defensive losses are lower on bounces, rather than offensive losses being higher.
    That would make sense actually. But either way, like Topsy said, if you wanna bounce wave someone you should mod your own losses at least.
    S E C R E T S

I am the king that thinks the bounce attack strategy is faulty for our situation.
    As a Human/Sage I lose 1k elites each attack and kill 500 defense units. For Undeads or Clerics it is a more viable strat.

And yes, they gave us the button for an hour and a half. Unfortunately I was asleep, which is were I am now heading.

Oh forgot to answer the second part - they are bounce waving with Undeads to do damage and not move the meter.

meh
    Last edited by Ryshad; 26-04-2012 at 05:13.
    Everything in your province is peasant based

Post Demon
    Doesn't attacking someone outside of your nw range out of war carry severe attack time penalties?

Enthusiast
    Nooblet, raze attacks don't suffer from an attack time penalty due to NW difference so you bounce with razes not with traditional march

Forum Addict
    Why not just give them button and hit for stuff? If they are bounce waving it means they have all armies out without acres coming in. Either they wait till all armies come in to launch a war wave, or declare with armies out in which case you get the advantage of easy chain targets. Not to mention the biggest problem with getting bounced is losing elites, so you want those out anywase.

Human/sage bouncing is silly, btw. So good job not going through with that.

Post Fiend
    I 100% agree with topsy. Come out of fort and give us the button. Works for me ;)
    CanWe

YAY button!!!Yummie Good idea Topsy +1 for you
    CanWe

Enthusiast
    Seems pretty dumb to wave a KD and then expect to get the button aswell.

You wave = you give button.

Plain and simple.

Post Fiend
    Ahh you are following me around. We did give the button. Where in the utopian manual, does it say that they get it indefinitely? Also I will give it again, just want confirmation they will press it. We are not into wasting time, just warring.
    CanWe

Thread Information