Thread: Suggestion for Age 54

Suggestion for Age 54

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's ever seen this before. You're in a war and you manage to chain someone down to next to nothing and then the next day, they're already fighting back and doing serious damage. And since you already chained them, you get diminished gains while they are getting massive gains from every attack, taking all your honor, etc etc. You spy on them and find out their TB has gone to -10 million and that the biggest province in their kingdom has been keeping them alive by sending aid. I'm not going to accuse those people of cheating or province sitting or whatever but I still say it needs to stop. I'm all for a kingdom helping each other out but a province still needs to be able to die after a certain point.

So here's my idea, a cap on aid. I know that aid gets taxed after you go over 400% negative but that's obviously not enough of a deterrent. I think aid needs to get cut off completely once a province reaches a certain point. My idea, once a province gets a negative trade balance 1000% of the province's networth or more, incoming aid is completely blocked.

Also, along with the tax, receiving aid after a should cause a province to lose honor if they go over 400% negative. This idea is kind of an afterthought and I'm just throwing it out there while I'm at it. Because personally, I hate asking for aid. Ever. Constantly getting aid isn't honorable so I think you should lose some if you get it after a certain point in proportion to how much aid you receive.

What do you all think?

Forum Addict
    It's even worse than you think because part of gangbang protection is that the tax on aid is capped (at 15% or something I think? not sure). :)

Aid is part of the game and you're opinion that it is unhonorable shows that you are focussing too much on your own province and missing the teamwork aspect.

Make better strategies and especially try to move away a bit from the ego perspective (I have the best/biggest/richest province that never needs aid) and see the team aspect of the game. That human/merchants have more gold than let's say an orc/warrior is no big achievement.

Get you t/m's to cast explosions on them next time they will still get the aid but they will lose alot of it to.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    It's even worse than you think because part of gangbang protection is that the tax on aid is capped (at 15% or something I think? not sure). :)

Aid is part of the game and you're opinion that it is unhonorable shows that you are focussing too much on your own province and missing the teamwork aspect.

Make better strategies and especially try to move away a bit from the ego perspective (I have the best/biggest/richest province that never needs aid) and see the team aspect of the game. That human/merchants have more gold than let's say an orc/warrior is no big achievement.
    If provinces were able to be destroyed (and I don't just mean chained to 100 acres or something, I mean the Province literally collapses and the player needs to start a brand new province) I would agree with you, that would be team work. You're saving your ally so that they can live.

But what's the worst that can happen as things are right now? Someone gets chained down to 100 acres and no one gives him aid, all that happens is the person's numbers drop. Their population, army, everything goes down. But it's all recoverable. It just takes time to get the money back. The way things are throws legitimate planning and strategy aside. You can literally have a province with zero banks and zero farms and 100% offensive army and building strat. And that person could still reasonably play IF other people sent him all of the food and money he would need.

Does that really sound like a fair deal? Sure, he could get chained easily but he could easily rebuild every bit of it by getting aid from someone else running 70% banks, 30% farms and 100% defensive army. I'm saying that there's flaws in that system. And of course we can't make a perfect system but we can try to fix parts of it we recognize as broken

EasyE, without aid, a chained province will not even be able to pay 50% wages. He won't be able to send out and will be watching his elites desert. If the player lacks activity then his last peasant could leave which will cause his province to collapse (die). Kingdom aid will prevent this. This is an excellent example of the type of teamwork Utopia fosters. What is the problem?

There are many ways in which you can limit the amount of aid such a province can receive. Don't just say it can't be done. Look at all the options first; there are many.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Not fully supporting ur idea. But u do got a point. There should be a limit to the aid, not just putting tax

Why destroy the kd effort and the effort of the player to keep his prov alive,so that if he received a certain amount of aid he cant hit anymore an can easily be killed?That makes no sense.
    CanWe

Forum Fanatic
    Been said already. Explosions stop aid and if you place explosions on both they'll need to get an MV wasting Mana and runes on each other and a chained province is going to have high Wpa. Explosions are easier to cast than MV... I like it personally. Makes provinces need to be active.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    You can literally have a province with zero banks and zero farms and 100% offensive army and building strat. And that person could still reasonably play IF other people sent him all of the food and money he would need.
    And what is your problem with that ? You could add runes to that argument too btw. A faery/mystic with high magic science could build 40% towers and send runes to his Elf A/m teammates so that they can spend all their mana. How does that "break" the game ?
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Try ambushing the chained target. Prevent incoming acres and killing offense the same time.

That province practically has real low defense that most of your kdmates can send spare generals attack.

Regular
    Imho this game isn't meant to be about prov killing so why should/would measures be taken to make it easier for SOME people to get their way at the expense of other players, alienating people for working hard for their KD and their prov is not a good idea... A policy that allows easy pk's would be open to abuse and the game would lose more players; for example. somebody smaller than you has more honor than you, so get your KD to chain him.

Imo this kind of selfish behaviour should be discouraged, not rewarded, but that's just my 2 cents... Actively seeking to kill another player's prov is selfish no matter how you want look at it

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Imo this kind of selfish behaviour should be discouraged, not rewarded, but that's just my 2 cents... Actively seeking to kill another player's prov is selfish no matter how you want look at it
    Its not selfish at all,its strategy. Anyway aiding in its current form to keep people alive is the exact reason aid should exist, If you cant hurt a prov due to kd aid then the aid working and server the game mechanic as intended.

If the issue is sustainability via smallies, i would personally to see raze=acre removal in war again as it removes the insane honor generation that happens when 5 people/kd are 4-5 tapping back and forth for 24+ hours of war. All that would need to be done to balance raze killing is figure out a way to deal with lost science (perhaps u keep the science you had before death) and wizard generation since building up wizards takes so long.

Regular
    OP ... so what do you suggest should happen to the province who has been heavily chained (like I have been accustomed to all age) and then comes back into the fight with larger gains and more honour ... and who has NOT received aid?

Thread Information