Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 54 Potential Changes Rev II

Age 54 Potential Changes Rev II

Comments for the second iteration of changes for next round in here please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    radical indeed... and cannot wait to test the changes for new age :-D!!!

Me likes it - especially the game mechanics not over done this time!!!
    Great Ghula
    Un4GiVeN - 23-26
    Monument - Age 50 - 57
    Shinra - Age 58 - Current

WTH? Now humans are more like a TM race.

Director of Age Changes
    I like it. Also, glad to see the war bonuses toned down.
    LE: Orc might be a bit too hardcore.
    Last edited by Avenger; 27-04-2012 at 12:34.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Why give ToG to a race with $500 elites?

I'd like to see the auto-win changed so it won't kick in until at least a week has passed to prevent abuse.

For those who do not know what the 'median' is:
    Order the list by land size and pick the middle one (or average the 2 middle ones in case of an even number)
    Last edited by Landro; 27-04-2012 at 12:55.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Postaholic
    Love the war win change. Races look pretty nice, all playable atleast :)

Orc elite unite - 8/2 (not 9/2)
    Undead elite unit - 8/3 (not 9/3)

Lower avains elite to 6 NW.

Regular
    I like these changes, not sure if sage is OP with the 'immune to plague' but this age is going to be interesting. The numbers look fairly solid, but human as t/m might take some time to get used to

If there 's 1 thing that I would like to see, it would be a fix to the honor gains from thief ops in relation to magic, but that's a different subject.

avian elite 7/2........is this a joke???? if its not give them back +1 defence for def specs
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    I like these changes, not sure if sage is OP with the 'immune to plague' but this age is going to be interesting. The numbers look fairly solid, but human as t/m might take some time to get used to

If there 's 1 thing that I would like to see, it would be a fix to the honor gains from thief ops in relation to magic, but that's a different subject.
    Sage lost free books and cheaper books and the learn protection was nerfed a little. Giving them Plague immunity won't make them OP
    Building strong WPA is a lot harder and more time consuming than training TPA. The difference in honor gains reflects this
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

All is good except Dwarfs - they are seems to be dead. Please give them traditional BE (25%) or allow them to use accelerated construction or since they got stange magic bonus, give them 'no runes requared to cast spells' ability.

Director of Age Changes
    Are you kidding me? Dwarf is probably #2 attacker after orc.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Sage lost free books and cheaper books and the learn protection was nerfed a little. Giving them Plague immunity won't make them OP
    Building strong WPA is a lot harder and more time consuming than training TPA. The difference in honor gains reflects this
    I hadn't thought of these things, thx.

"War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops to 50% of yours."

This gives a big advantage to the bigger kingdom. The smaller kingdom need to reduce the NW of the bigger kingdom to its size and then reduce it further.

Why not instead look at the relative ratio of NW at the beginning of the war and say that automatic war win conditions are met if this ratio moves past certain thresholds after a minimum of 1 week of war.

Those thresholds could for instance be asymmetrical with the intent of making war win conditions easier for the smaller kingdom and thus making the odds more even.

This ratio would also make following the war easier as you would look at one number as opposed to daily acres gains adjusted for exploration gains...

Here it would be much simpler.

For example, the ratio was at 125% at the beginning of the war. It is today at 120% which means that the smaller kingdom is actually wining and should it fall to 90% then it would be an automatic war win for the smaller kingdom.
    Last edited by Tabuazero; 27-04-2012 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Why give ToG to a race with $500 elites?

I'd like to see the auto-win changed so it won't kick in until at least a week has passed to prevent abuse.

For those who do not know what the 'median" is:
    Order the list by land size and pick the middle one (or average the 2 middle ones in case of an even number)
    War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops to 50% of yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days of warring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabuazero View Post
    "War will end automatically if your opponents networth drops to 50% of yours."

This gives a big advantage to the bigger kingdom. The smaller kingdom need to reduce the NW of the bigger kingdom to its size and then reduce it further.

Why not instead look at the relative ratio of NW at the begining of the war and say that automatic war win conditions are met if this ratio moves past certain thresholds after a minimum of 1 week of war.

Those thresholds could for instance be assymetrical with the intent of making war win conditions easier for the smaller kingdom and thus making the odds more even.

This ratio would also make following the war easier as you would look at one number as opposed to daily acres gains adjusted for exploration gians...
    This is only for edge cases and should not be considered the new way to win wars. I would expect maybe one or 2 wars per age to fulfil the criteria for an auto withdrawal.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information