Thread: Does anyone use vermin?

Does anyone use vermin?

Does anyone actually use this spell? Compared to rob granaries(which is easy and effective), it's a joke. Is there any chance the developers can change the spell to cause direct damage to food instead of just increase the rate at which food decays. This would add an all new aspect to the game. Any thoughts?

I agree, but also it's easy to aid food so I just think that this spell needs revamping. Dmg to current storage is nice or even next tick.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Netheril View Post
    Does anyone actually use this spell? Compared to rob granaries(which is easy and effective), it's a joke. Is there any chance the developers can change the spell to cause direct damage to food instead of just increase the rate at which food decays. This would add an all new aspect to the game. Any thoughts?
    How would that be a new aspect when rob granaries does the EXACT thing you just described?

The same way fools gold and rob vaults work well together. As it is, if you have high tpa you can hoard enough food to supply many with food, with very little concern for someone trying to steal them. The new aspect I was proposing would ensure people can feed themselves. As it is when I get low on food I just ask for another 100k bushels and there is always someone with high tpa willing to oblige me. Vermin as it is just does not match the thief version, so nobody uses it.

that seems like it could be more interesting than the current vermin.

Starvation is pretty devastating, and I think it should be hard to achieve, but not impossible. Switching vermin to increasing the amount of food needed would work, or maybe something like MS and a random percent of the food is destroyed each day?
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    Starvation is pretty devastating, and I think it should be hard to achieve, but not impossible. Switching vermin to increasing the amount of food needed would work, or maybe something like MS and a random percent of the food is destroyed each day?
    That's actually a pretty good idea. Maybe it could act like bribe thieves and sabatoge wizards. Destroy 5% (increased from 3), of the current amount each tick. Make the duration last on average 5-8 hours so that way you have to pay attention to it and make it work with robbing the granaries and drought. Its a fun thought.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Netheril View Post
    The same way fools gold and rob vaults work well together. As it is, if you have high tpa you can hoard enough food to supply many with food, with very little concern for someone trying to steal them. The new aspect I was proposing would ensure people can feed themselves. As it is when I get low on food I just ask for another 100k bushels and there is always someone with high tpa willing to oblige me. Vermin as it is just does not match the thief version, so nobody uses it.
    Eh, it's not quite the same as FG+RV. Gold is much different than food. You can actively use gold. Gold has a purpose BEYOND paying wages. Food doesn't. After feeding your province, extra food is pointless.

I think adding some actual use for food outside of feeding yourself would make Vermin more valuable.

Forum Fanatic
    Its not used for 1 province at a time when used correct.T/Ms normally can only feed a couple of provinces until even their supplies start running out combined with explosions and droughts on multiple attackers,even better when 5-6 attackers only log in when their armies are coming home to attack,thats sometimes 10-12 hours out starving when done correctly in addition to robbing food stockpiles

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Yes, if they gave food another use besides avoiding starvation vermin would be more useful, but as food is right now, nobody uses vermin. I like some of the idea's to make vermin like a MS spell that destroys food over time, or even just have it deal a small percentage of direct food damage. Maybe the topic of this discussion should have been, is the food system balanced, and by that I mean; depleting a kingdom of food should not be next to impossible. As long as I'm active I can run 3% farms with science and NB, and I never worry about running out of food, because there is such a surplus in the kingdom to keep me fed. Either way, I think it would be fun if they added a little something more to vermin.

Some one cast vermin on me even though my province is undead.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Regular
    I tend to cast a few vermins during hostile and at the start of war on the provinces with more food banked up. It seems to me that when wars drag out people don't always manage their farms properly and so aid packages will come back and forth, I think its nice to limit an enemies supply pool.

yes, mojo is correct. I like vermin for destroying food banks. Outside of that, not much good for anything. Only really comes in handy if the other side gets stupid.

Thread Information