Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Age Question!!! Help Me!

Next Age Question!!! Help Me!

Hello, Utopians!

I was looking over the changes, some I don't like some I do. Humans ftw lol? Anyways I ran a Undead Heavy attacker which I loved very much. Next age I will be wanting to go Orc Heavy attacker I am torn between Tactician for the intel and added credits, or Cleric to not lose what I have trained. Debate this with me?

I also might want to go a Hybrid. What hybrid race do you think would be able to have a nice attacking force. What is the best to go as Hybrid attacker Thief or Mage? I am currently Leaning towards a Mystic/Elf with some attacking abilitys. I have been gone for a couple of years and, I am new to this hybrid mechanics. Mind you I was around when we used boats to attack other kingdom islands :). I am just worried having good TPA , and WPA while having a respectable attacking force. Humans also look good b/c you can go down both roads but wont have the power the Mystic Elf would.

For Orc, I see Tactician, Warrior, and Sage all as good options:

Tactician ~ Faster attack times are always good, and the extra Credits stacking with Orc's ability to train Elites via credits is a nice bloster to both military and economy.

Warrior ~ The extra 3% OME (or extra attack) from the additional General makes Orc's 9-pt Elite all the more formidable, and an extra 15% OME during War makes them downright pee-your-pants terrifying. The higher mods mean fewer troops needed for an attack and, by extension, fewer losses - which Orcs can replace for free anyways.

Sage ~ With the increased Science Effectiveness (plus Racial gains modifier), an Orc could very quickly rack up some ungodly Science bonuses.

For hybrids, Elf for a/M and Dwarf for A/m both look pretty solid. Halfers still look pretty good for a/T, but nothing looks promising as A/t - even though it looks as if Avians are meant to fill that role, they'd need their 6-point Dspecs back to even hope to accomplish that.

There are four aspects to cover (Offense, Defense, Wizards, and Thieves) and an individual Province can only hope to cover two exceedingly well. Racial mods will usually lend themselves to covering a third aspect, but there's simply no way to adequately cover all four aspects by yourself.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

You think I could run a 1.5 Tpa and just max science and get 10% TD. TO also be defensive for thieves, while having an ability to strike heavy attackers? Thats what i am worrying about. I have never played Hybrid before, so I am wanting to give it a shot. I dont want to give up my ability to attack, I know i wont be effective like I am now but an active Mage will do wonders for my Kingdom. I never have ran a full T/M either so if it comes to it I might have to Faery for full T/M. I would just want to be able to hit a heavy attacker if they sent there army out. I am not looking to crack hard nuts just looking to atleast hit once a day.

Just came out of a war, and T/Ms did some wicked damage. Took my peasants down to 1.3 K on 2100 acres of land. It took till the last day of the war to finally get them back up so I could train troops. Next age looks like they are pushing Hybrids, so it will be even more crazy! With a Hybrid I can shield my self to an extent, while being able to dish it out and still attack. Side note we did win the war, but taking down peasants seems very effective on stopping them from training new recruits, and from fighting the dragon. That added with greed,riots,storms meteor showers is kind of why I want to be a hybrid was very annoying!
    Last edited by Zisef; 29-04-2012 at 20:42.

Post Demon
    The pick of personality is more dependent on your kingdom's needs and strategy than anything. Tactician, Warrior, and Cleric are all viable picks for Orc, but Tactician drops off in usefulness if your kingdom doesn't need accurate intel, and Tactician can't do as much damage as warrior nor has the durability of Cleric. The attack time bonus is only as useful as your kingdom's organization, really... in sheer volume of hits, Tactician takes several days of war to produce an extra unique hit, and that is if your tactician isn't wrecked first.

Hybrid is crap - don't play it this age or next. Even if races are changed again, the issues with playing hybrid are part of the game's design at the moment... it can work, but most players who try to play hybrids wind up being crap. If I were to play hybrid I'd probably go with Dwarf and be really selective with my targets... Dwarf because they are have a good balance of attack power, speed, and economy, and their penalties don't hurt them in any role significantly. Free building helps with setting up the appropriate buildings and with their durability in war, though the lack of accelerated production does suck.

Regular
    In your case, and your KDs, I would recommend running a Dwarf A/m. They have a nice elite for your attacking ability, 10% BE, and have free building. With free building, you can easily swap building strata to pump whatever you need. You can easily get 4rWPA and maintain a 65/45 opa/dpa army :)

Demascus, I think you sold me on Dwarf. My Kingdom is active, so if we have a abundance of T/M I will go Orc. If we are lacking the T/M I will go Dwarf. Dwarf has been my highest N/W Prov, but they don't look as good as they sue to be. Dwarf sage looks like it will be seriously nerfed. Demascus what personality for A/M should I go, I know depends on the Kingdom but, if i am evening going A/M should I go sage, cleric, or mystic?

I think it's a bit early to start picking a combo before the final changes are announced.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Party Pooper

If you like warring with a heavy attacker then Orc/Tact looks very good.

If you want to go hybrid then A/T might be a good choice. Most people find playing A/T easier than A/M but AM is better at gaining honor
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Doesn't A/T require much more pop then a A/M? Then again you don't have to worry about runes. That is what I am hung up on is A/M, Full Attacker, or A/T. I have not been a Full T/M before for a full age. I don't know which one does more damage, or more benefit for the kingdom. I have always been a Full attacker, or Elf A/M back 6 years ago.

Post Demon
    There really is no such thing as an a/m... you either have better wizards than your opponent, or you don't. Being mystic makes this much easier, but rune supply is always problematic for any attacker. Late age, any province that is still small and didn't have their wizzies targetted is going to have good wpa, which makes attacker-mage against those provinces very difficult no matter how much WPA you pump.

Best to wait on final changes, but there are some things which remain constant from age to age.

Regular
    Well A/M and A/T require the same amount of pop. You want to run about 4 raw of your specialty and have about 1.5-2 of your back up, regardless of which hybrid you decide to go with. And nooblet is right, don't get your mind set on any set up quite yet.

Though as far as it goes, for Dwarf A/M, the only real choices in my opinion are Mystic aand Sage. And I have only ever played Sage once and it was only for half an age so I'm a little biases to lean towards Mystic because that one has perks right from the get go. Obviously better space management due to Guilds and Towers being twice as effective. That leads to getting your desired wpa faster when doing a wizzie pump.

Nooblet also has a good point. For A/Ms (or mages in general), it comes down to who has the better modded wpa. So what you can do with mystic is bust out a good wizzie pump oow and then when war comes, you can drop your Guilds down to 10% and make room for more TGs/Rax/Letskillalotofthingsbuilding.

Another thing about being Dwarf is with the free building perk, you can very cheaply jump into a science pump. Granted you wont have the same numbers as a Sage would, but hell, you have 3-4rWPA and still have a decent amount of sciences coming in :) just how I look at the situation.
    Last edited by Demascus; 30-04-2012 at 00:41.

i like dwarf/tact ... odd

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Regular
    youre oddly odd

Dw/tact has untapped potential.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay