Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Age Question!!! Help Me!

Guys are making a good argument. We have 4-5 Declared Full T/M for next round. Dwarf Mystic could be over kill. With sage getting nerfed, I am more leaning on Orc. Although would really like to actually run a Hybrid, but as you guys are saying it would not be very effective. It would be better to pick either a Full attacker, or Full T/M. Will just have to wait till the changes come out, and discuss with you guys. Thank you guys for your input very much appreciated. I do like the idea of a Sage attacker, Orc/Dwarf Sage could be pretty fun with the crazy gains!

Orc Sage would be awesome with a good amount of gains science :) I also like D.A.'s Dwarf Tact. Tact with QF = absolutely no need for rax ;) I'm kind of thinking of trying that one out myself :)

u aint in the ghetto till u have one of these ...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...33307181_n.jpg

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Hybrid

I don't think that playing hybrid is at all viable next age because you could only do it in a kingdom that doesn't go to war. I think that war kingdoms will have a mixture of pure undead/ork heavy heavy attackers plus a smaller amount of Faery full T/Ms.

If you are a hybrid and go into a war against a kingdom like this, then 1) The orks and undeads are going to hit you at least twice for every hit you make 2) The T/Ms of the other kingdom are going to completely wreck you because as a hybrid your tpa/wpa will not be able to compare.

Playing hybrid with the changes posted now, you will end up dog meat.

Post Fiend
    Dw/tact has untapped potential.
    I was toying with that combo a bit :)

Playing hybrid with the changes posted now, you will end up dog meat.
    It does look that way.

Its been that way for about 10 ages
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Yes, and somehow I've managed to play hyb pretty successfully the last 3 ages ;)

This age does look a bit tougher to choose a good hyb than before. It's all good, we'll play with what we're given.

What do you mean by "successfully"? Were you in a kingdom that was at war all the time for the last 3 ages? What kind of kingdom do you play in?

Post Fiend
    I play in Warring KDs, Yes. We didn't get as many wars as we wanted last two ages, but yes, was a warring set-up.

Post Demon
    The key to using any attacker's mage and thief potential is to pick your targets carefully... you will never have good enough tpa and wpa to target every province in ideal conditions, but you can check for enemy provinces that are underdefended in one or both of those areas and use your ops to do extra damage where you can. Chances are your go-to ops for magic will be storms, greed, and fools gold with dwarf... at the highest end you'll be able to pull off fireball on very landfat targets.

Also, do not fail to take advantage of your boosted wpa when you are hit in war - especially if you become a chain target. With extra effectiveness to LL and free building construction, dwarves have some good staying power in war against chain tactics. Likewise, Dwarves have no inherent or implied penalty to thief ops, so if you have tpa to burn, you can run some theft ops, maybe nightstrike against a weakly defended target.

I wouldn't pick Mystic for Dwarf, as Mystic's signature spell is difficult to pull off, and Dwarves will need all the help they can get to compete with Orc and Undead attackers. Warrior is looking like a good bet for Dwarf, like it is for everyone else.
    Last edited by nooblet; 02-05-2012 at 02:47.

Yeah as it is now, I am kind of dropping the Hybrid idea. You guys talked sense into me :). Now I am torn between Orc or Dwarf Warrior for both or Sage for both. It would be like having free 15% Libraries. With warrior it would be having 11.3% Training Grounds I don't know how the extra general works for percent so, it is added with out it. Again I will just have to wait for the final changes. I do like that dwarfs can switch between builds, and tweek builds Efficiently. Its a toss up with Orcs great Elite that trains with credits, and has awesome gains so hard to pick might have to flip a quarter!

Regular
    The thing with warrior and its extra general, is that every "extra" general you send on an attack, it adds 3% OME. So your average attack with 4 generals nets you an extra 9%. With warrior next age, you'll get to send 5 generals, which will put you at 12% extra OME coupled with their 15% OME during war.

If you're honestly worried about sciences so much, go warrior, and just look at Kds with war wins for potential learn attacks ;)

SO I am guessing Orc>Dwarf this age for attacker. I just liked Dwarfs bonuses, and with sage was thinking a mid to late powerhouse but looks like they wouldn't not be as effective as orc.

Dwarf/Sage for A/m, but Orc wins hands-down as Attacker.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

I don't wanna go against the grain, but is there anyways to make a competitive Dwarf Attacker? Sage even worth it for an attacker Dwarf. I would like a nice economy, with nice pumped science. While retaining an alright attack force. I understand Orc is a better attacker, any one think dwarf would be an alright pick or am I just crwazy.

Thread Information