Thread: Old player, Old questions

Old player, Old questions

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask some questions as a returning Utopia player (started Age 1 played to 2000).

As i was from established kingdoms (top 10 world) i always had team help and play. Now as i return i will no doubt random draw a bad kingdom. My question is with the new changes to 54 what will be a good stand alone combination? I was planning on a Dwarf/Merchant which had me OOP @ close to 70dpa and after a week larger than 3/4 of my kingdom. My thought was produce enough money go straight elites and explore my way up, convert later to an attacker.
    So now i turn to those in the know now....What is the current thought on the world these days? How would you handle re-approaching the game with no contacts and a new kingdom? What would be the best (current changes as we know) combination to go solo?

Any dialog would be greatly informative as my time off as you can guess has me quite rusty.

Thanks

You can always visit the recruitment board for a better kingdom http://forums.utopia-game.com/forumd...ruitment-Board

go to the recruiting board and post your info. Get into a kd that fits your playstyle/activity level. If you outgrow your ghetto you going to get bottom fed.

I am sure I will reach out that way. Just wanted to visit the concept of "experienced player/long layoff". Just reaching out for new ideas to old questions :)

Its a lot more offensive based these days, with a smaller player pool. This can make it hard to explore solo. OOP you can expect to find people running next to all offense.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyvaldez View Post
    I was planning on a Dwarf/Merchant which had me OOP @ close to 70dpa and after a week larger than 3/4 of my kingdom. My thought was produce enough money go straight elites and explore my way up, convert later to an attacker.
    I don't know if converting after exploring first was ever a good strategy but these days it certainly isn't. The general attitude in the better kingdoms is that if you can't grab land by force then you don't deserve it. (It's a bit different for T/Ms ofc)

I recommend following Lastunicorn's advise that you visit the recruitment boards.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

don't explore safe hit until you get bored with your ghetto and reach out to old friends its a sucki way to play and a harsh reality for new players but its modern utopia with such small numbers.

You cant hide amongst the masses any more.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information