Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orc attacker:

Post Fiend

Orc attacker:

I'm curious, what do people think is the best choice for an active Orc attacker in a warring KD ?

My KD mates and I are debating between Cleric or Tactician

Cleric - Fewer losses and saving on Draft expenses
    Tactician - 50% more credits is good for growth, and 15% faster/more attacks
    Warrior - Extra General PLUS an additional 15% OME in War

If you're warring a lot, I'd say Tactician and Warrior are your best options. While Tactician lets you make 30% more attacks (assuming doubles), Warrior opens the potential for 50% more by running triples.

Just something to consider...
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Cleric will reduce your losses enough that you will almost always get more credits then you lose and is also works on defense and ambushes. This is very good for long lasting wars. You save about 15-20% land on hosps. Cleric is also great when making learns and plunders because you are more likely to gain more than you lose
    Tactician will let you run 0 rax and still be able to hit 2x/day in war. That saves ~15% land that can be used for other things like say, extra guilds for better chances at casting RM. Extra training credits will probably provide you with more credits than the troops you lose but only on trads. The extra building credits will also be very useful in wars
    Warrior: The extra OME only works in war and the extra general is just 3% extra off. During war it can be used to make a 5th hit which can be extremely useful if you get chained. It's also useful for keeping down enemies who have been chained
    Warhero protects against ambushes but the extra honor effects aren't worth it unless you get to Count or higher which is unlikely for an ops-magnet
    Merchant might be nice but you get elite training credits to boost your econ and Merchant does nothing for that
    Sage might be useful if you like to sci-whore but I don't think Orc is the right race for Sage.
    Rogue and Mystic are pretty useless for Orcs ofc
    Last edited by Landro; 02-05-2012 at 14:14.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Director of Age Changes
    You forgot exact def on 8-thief SoM for Tact, saving you offense in wars. Accurate espionage is hard to pass.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    A little wrong Landro, at 80% BE, it is 29.5% hosp to get to -50% losses.
    CanWe

I know but how many people run ~30% of any type of building during war?
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

So an orc tactician could run
    9% farms
    20% TG
    5% RAX
    20% GS
    15% HS
    9% Guilds
    6% towers
    15% WT
    1% dungeons

a cleric could run
    9% farms
    20% TG
    20% rax
    20% GS
    9% Guilds
    6% towers
    15% WT
    1% dungeons

the cleric has 20% fewer losses and reduced draft costs and time, where as the tactician would have 50% more credits for training back elites. I think the economic advantage is going to be close between the two there. I think the difference is the tactician has a 20% chance to cure the plague and gets the extra building credits to help rebuild during war.

Post Fiend
    Just showing apples to apples.

Tact -15% attack time = 14.7% rax at 80% BE
    Warr +15% ome = 14.7% TG at 80% BE
    Cleric -50% losses = 29.5% hosp at 80% BE

Are just the main bonuses compared.
    And for War hero, you cant get to -50% draft cost at 80% be, as it would take 50% arm, at 100% BE to get that full bonus.

War Hero is interesting, I think. The ambush protection is nice for orc, it also has a good eco bonus, as all age you can run emergency draft and aid around soldiers, and when attacking as orc, you can train your credits, and have all new elites ready to attack, before your troops get back. Figure 24*.75*.5*.8 (inwar, War hero, IA) gets you to 7 hour training time. Pretty cool imo.
    CanWe

Director of Age Changes
    I'd say Tact>Warr>WH=~Cleric atm. Need to crunch more numbers. Also depends on your KD setup.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    The fun thing with orc/warrior is that you can get very high offense. If we assume 500 BPA, Lord, 200% wages, 10% homes (before war starts), 80% BE and 2 mod tpa/wpa they can get something like 170-175 mod opa in a war. (probably less due to losses before the war starts)
    Last edited by kilava; 02-05-2012 at 17:03.

on how much defense?

Post Fiend
    About 44 mod dpa while using fanaticism or 0,2227 def points per nw.

I think it is imperative that you spread out personalities if you're running Orc as a core in your kingdom.

Having no war heroes imo is a mistake.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 10-05-2012 at 22:35. Reason: Changed opinion
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    What if your Orc's do go above Baron Kuhan ?

Many smaller KD's can't really assume they will have Baron/Viscount attackers..

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If you're in small kds it doesn't matter what you run.

Thread Information