Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age 54 change clarification

Regular

Age 54 change clarification

Does this:

+ 50% Thievery Damage (Sabotage Ops)

Mean +50% longer riots aswell? or is it only instant damage ops?

damage only i think
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Says damage - Riots is a flat effect with variable duration.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Demon
    I'm pretty sure Riots' duration is affected by the bonus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Veteran
    Before every thief damage perk has been phrased in a bad way, I presume that remains the case. What it really means is "cause damage on sabotage ops as if you sent 50% more thieves". E.g. it's not really a damage bonus on any op other than prop (that afaik has no upper limit), on every other op it's a thief-losses saving perk. For NS you easily reach the cap and thus it's not very useful, for riots you have to send a lot of thieves to reach the cap so there the bonus is quite large.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    I'm pretty sure Riots' duration is affected by the bonus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think you're wrong, but I'm not in any way sure. In my mind, these are the types of thief ops we have:
    * Instant ops
    - Sabotage ops (for example: NS, Prop, Arson. The main purpose of these is to do damage, even though some might give something back too)
    - Intel ops (for example: SoT, Infil etc.)
    - Stealing ops (for example: rob towers etc. The main purpose of these is to give something to the province doing the op)
    * Duration ops
    Currently only Riots and the bribe ops

In that context it would be weird if sabotage damage bonuses had anything to do with riots at all. Duration != damage

Post Demon
    Riots is classified as a sabotage operation... therefore it should be affected by sabotage bonuses, as Elurin said. Thief ops don't make a distinction between duration and instant effect as spells do, only a difference between sabotage and espionage.

You'd get longer riots
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    If you say so. Pretty inconsistent and weird way of doing things, but anyway, that's happened before :P

If its not intel its sabotage, so riots are affected.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    couple of questions, didnt think it needed a new thread since its along the same lines:

faery sage will have meteor showers spell: true or false?
    orc massacre will do 20% more damage than an undead massacre: true or false?

if a mod/dev could answer that'd be awesome

I shall help you help yourself.

Is MS a racial spell?
    Is massacre an attack you gain on?

Enthusiast
    Well, all attacks allow you to send your toops out for 1-4 more hour for higher "gains," so I would have said yes but I think you're implying those aren't really "gains." Which is it?

Post Fiend
    1 - do not know. i do not know what makes a spell a 'racial' spell versus a 'non-racial' spell.
    2 - technically no but as ahab pointed out they use the wording gains to allow you to do more damage by adding extra hours.

i appreciate the roundabout way to answering my questions, as long as at the end we can get verification that the conclusions we come to are the same as how it actually is in the game

Racial spells are the ones listed under the races, Fae has all of them. MS is not a racial spell because it is specific to Mystic. Therefore, a Fae/Sage would not have access to MS.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information