Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf/Mystic vs Human/Mystic

Post Fiend

Dwarf/Mystic vs Human/Mystic

What you guys think what's better option for A/m, DW/Myst or HU/Myst?

Dwarf has a cooler spell book, but don't need to go mystic to be A/m, choose attacking personality instead.

Human Hybrid

Human hybrid I do not recommend you will be dog meat all age.

Dwarf looks strong next age though, but not as strong as an Ork or Undead attacker and definitely not as strong as a full on T/M.

I'm doing a Dwarf A/M next age. I'm going Dwarf Mystic for the double effectiveness on the guilds and towers and extra spell duration. This means I can run 5% Guilds and still get good spell duration. 15% WTs and Clear sight will keep me safe from Thieves. I won't have the OPA of a pure attacker, but after my T/Ms do their rounds, I'll be able to break provinces, and they won't be able to hit me back. I'm curious if the spell damage bonus makes landlust worthwhile. I could effectively double tap every 2 hours between land lust and my army.

lastunicorn is correct, avoid mystic unless you're that 1-2 provs in ur kd doing MS. Which you won't be as hybrids

I think the land that Mystic Saves you is invaluable. You can make up Warrior's bonuses by building training grounds with the land saved by being a mystic.

Post Demon
    Or you could be sage, and have similar land saved on guilds/towers just from science. Mystic is good for MS and +1 mana... which is usually said either A/M or a/M, *not* A/m. A/m explicitly wants to be nearly as good as a pure attacker, with FB/ other spell spam capability.

Mystic land savings = about 20%
    Cleric land savings = about 30%

If all you evaluate is land savings... mystic is still wrong for A/m.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Director of Age Changes
    Nobody uses cleric cause it saves 30% land. It saves ~15-20% plus the cool animate dead factor.
    You're better off with tactician or warrior for this A/m 'hybrid', they have better perks.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Regular
    Agreed, Human Mystic seems like a good combo but for Dwarfs there is really no need to go for Mystic. It is the same as it does not need to go for Merchant as well.

Dwarf is a race who is able to perform nearly most of the advantages of all the personalities can offer to you when you are out of war. Once in war, you go for your war build in your own plan, once out of war, you can change your build strat entirely depends on which kind of area you want to pump in.

For example, if you want to train troops, you can go highly for Homes, Arms and Banks/TDs. If you want to pump science, Schools and Banks/TDs. If you want to pump wizzards, go for Guilds.

So consider that a Dwarf will have no problem to pump out of war, the personality you should consider is those which one that can help you the most in war.

- Tactician doesn't seem to suit Dwarves since they do not have much use for the building credits. Orc players most probably will go for Tact the next age so you can ask for the accurate intel from them if your kd has some, you do not need to pick this personality for yourself.

- Warrior with 15% more OME seems more suitable as an attacker for Dwarf compared to Tact.

- While you can consider the Rogue for three a/t/m roles which is possible for Dwarfs with their extra BE bonus.

- A simpler style would be Cleric and that shift towards more to tanker role as Dwarfs will be able to tank thievery ops as well the next age with the gift of their CS spell. So with some GS, TDs and small amount of WTs you would be able to tank hits from the attacker and the thieves. While Wpa depends on how well you pump your prov through high Guilds when out of war, but that would only enable you to defend against other races except Elfs or Faeries.

- I have seen some succesful Dwarf Sage as well, but that's only when you are willing to enjoy no benefit at all in the early age. With the new changes come in, Sage players are equal the same as a race with no Personality at all in the early age, as protection and effectiveness in science gives you nothing when your prov has no science in it. But once reaches the mid age which everyone most probably have pumped up a good military offence and are readying to learn some science attack, I would say a month's time, you would have a good amount of science by this time as well, this is when the time Sage will start to reveal the importance of its role.

These are the choices depend on what role you plan to play with Dwarfs. For more attacker styles I think Warrior or Clerics will suit you more. For Hybrids it would be Rogue or Sage. That's my 3 cents, hope it helps.

Post Demon
    Don't pick mystic... you'll get wiped out by attackers left and right, in war and out.

I'll say it again... there isn't really such a thing as a/m in this game, aside from the next age's Elves - and they're a really weak attacker that is difficult to play right.

Ignore everything you read on these forums about the distinction between "a/M", and "A/m". You either have the wpa advantage or you don't - there is only so much that can be done to maintain your wpa. Any attacker using their mage resources is going to have to pick their targets carefully.

With orcs having reflect magic and being a powerful force this age, attackers' magic is severely curtailed without a t/m around to throw vortex.

All that said, Dwarf/Sage is looking like a good option for a flexible province that can do any role well with the proper investment - late in the age, anyway.
    Warrior is better throughout the age, and the extra gen and OME is a big deal in creating and fighting chain tactics. Dwarves are helped in this with their free building costs, boosted BE for better guardstations, and quick feet if they can get it off hastening their attack times.
    Cleric has a different kind of durability. Haven't really thought about Cleric's survivability compared to Warrior, but the land that would go towards hospitals could be used for all sorts of defensive purposes if the cleric is willing to sacrifice some offensive power.
    Tactician is overrated... is the extra hour of attack time you'd get from Tact seriously that important to people? I'd sooner have Warrior's OME in war-time.
    Merchant might work if your Dwarf is more towards the cow end of the spectrum.
    Basically, play your dwarf like an attacker, but take the time to wizard pump. It's not too hard to figure out enemy wpa... don't try to play it thinking that you're always going to have better wpa and channeling than other attackers, because chances are you won't.

Human is still garbage for anything except banks and cows.

Undead has an outside shot of using some magic, due to chastity being a good enough spell to suffer through repeated fails. Having no food requirements makes it easier for undead to wizzie pump enough to deal with the science penalty. Warrior is the go-to personality for obvious reasons, as Mystic is too frail.
    Last edited by nooblet; 03-05-2012 at 01:41.

I will be going dwarf I just have to pick Cleric, or Warrior. Hopefully someone breaks it down :)

What do you guys think of War Hero? A Dwarf A/M should be able to hold honor this age.

Post Demon
    War Hero is garbage.

Post Fiend
    The War Hero is good for orcs (less for undeads) and ambush prot. Without it they are fuked. 9/2 elites. Easy to ambush, very easy...

Quote Originally Posted by loky View Post
    The War Hero is good for orcs (less for undeads) and ambush prot. Without it they are fuked. 9/2 elites. Easy to ambush, very easy...
    The -50% land losses on Ambushes isn't all that significant. True, Orcs are easily ambushed but it essentially amounts to a Cleric running >21% Hospitals - reducing a 50% loss by 50% - though you'll still lose troops all the same.

Considering that Orcs tend to be spell/op magnets, the +50% Honor bonuses is close to worthless because 150% of zip is zilch.

Only good things about War Hero for Orcs are the draft costs (assuming they're able to draft at all) and 50% faster training (same stipulation).

Sage is one of the better options for a Dwarf A/m. Even as much as Sage got nerfed, the +25% Science Effectiveness adds up super-fast and, with virtually no land management expenses, they have plenty of cash to invest. Stacking +25% Tools Science with the Dwarf's +15% BE means you can get craploads of mods from your buildings - running a 60% draft that can compete with 80% draft. +25% Alchemy on top of Banks > 100% BE means even that much more cash to reinvest in Sciences in addition to training loads of military. A few Rax (again, over 100% BE) + Quick Feet and you can outrun an Avian Tactician. Clearsight + WTs (again, over 100% BE) offers awesome Thief defense (with +25% Crime Science to boot), and +25% Channeling Science gives the Runes and WpA boost to take advantage of Dwarf's +30% Spell Damage.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Thread Information