Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Races and Personalities for Age 54

You're forgetting that everyone is gonna ambush orc tact tho... So unless you anon it's gonna be quite hard to sustain yourself even tho you'll have 20% more credits than this age.

Regular
    Elfs in the next age are overpowered, that have been my opinion all this long. This race is excluded from any normal comparisons and discussions to other races because imo, except the Faeries, no other races can withstand them in wars.

Long, long time ago, top warring Faery kds are able to own a lot of kds, this could be easily noticed by their war win ratio, but they can do it because they have a high dicipline and orders, which not any Ghetto kds can copy paste their strategy. The reason they have to coordinate their login time, is simply because they have to make every of their mana counts, since they only have 3 mana like everyone else. With the NM given to the Elfs, the next age they probably are going to do the same, only the difference is maybe this time, it may result for even a semi active Ghetto kd will be able to perform, a top kd's war strategy. This is something that is... the feeling on this is rather confusing and hard to describe.

Veteran
    Peoples are funny =D Great changes Bishop, seldom seen so many conflicting opinions regarding how things will be played up - that's a success. I guess the higher performance kd's stay out of discussion so this is mostly ghetto players ranking races (nooblet seems to have some understanding out of those in this thread) but still.

Post Demon
    Really many of the arguments made in this thread are based on assumptions that don't really pan out to mean anything. I wouldn't expect the leet players to share their strategies with us humble nubs.

I predict there will be a lot of people who will regret Orc, even though it is the best race running, because they're not prepared to deal with their downsides. (Orc, downsides? Unpossible!) Then again any race is only as good as the player...

Regular
    With the Orc's -% of Wpa and Tpa been removed, undoubtly for those pure attacker lovers many are going to pick this race to play as an attacker, overall Orc Clerics and Orc Tacticians, these two I predict will be a hot pick in the next age. Tactician eventually I am thinking that a few race may be more suitable to hold this personality. First to last is Orc, Elf, Undead and Avian.

What I am thinking of one of the possible combos of the pure attacker series would be the combine of Orc Tacticians and Avian Clerics. The second maybe Orc Tactician and Orc Warrior. Both sound pretty solid attackers kd.

For tanker series there is not much meaning to discuss since I believe whoever had played Utopia for a long time, everyone is already a pro themselves in the art of tanking, which in another word, I believe most of us here had learnt the way to be a professional turtle before in Utopia, including myself :p Thus we would always be able to "smell" out which kind of combos will be able to turtle more effectively in some sort of sense no matter how the age changes were.

For hybrids, first would be the Elfs but as mentioned in my previous post thats an imbalance race so its pointless to discuss about it. Faeries usually stand a minority ratio so its not a major race for many kds as well. Second would Dwarfs and Humans. Possibility for Dwarfs, (first of course I believe will be Clerics, but as mentioned thats a tanker), the others would be Warrior and Rogue.

For Human even though many in the forum posts are more leading to the race is weak, but I have confidence many will try to challenge this race especially the experienced players in Utopia. For last few ages Humans were only given % in thievery damage for them to perform as a hybrid, but this age they have both 50% thievery and spell damage, not to mention adding up with a +10% population which is one of a critical factor for a race to perform more effectively.

Weak it may seem and full of vulnerabilities it may look like, but still I am willing to bet on it with my intuition that many will pick up this race to play in the next age. It may not be able to be a major race in a kd like the Elfs, Orcs or Dwarfs, but that 10% pop with 50% spell damage and thievery damage is no joke in warring performance thus I strongly believe this is something that is hard to resist. Like the Faeries, I predict the Humans will exist at least a few in every kds and in a wild guess, maybe replace the number of Faeries in the next age, as most Faeries players are experienced players, I am sure they would want to challenge this "new" race which look like another "Faery" as well. That's my intuition tells me.

Post Demon
    I find human very easy to resist this age.

TY Bishop, had a blast playing Faery/Rogue in my fun lil ghetto ,pure T/M's are alive and well once again.

Total Attacks Made 0
    Total Wins 0
    Total Land Gained in Combat 0
    Attacks Suffered 8
    Times Defeated 5
    Total Land Lost in Combat 111

PS:If you see me coming you best send a Sapphire...
    Last edited by allonons; 05-05-2012 at 22:29.
    BOOYAH!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaKarateKid View Post
    With the Orc's -% of Wpa and Tpa been removed, undoubtly for those pure attacker lovers many are going to pick this race to play as an attacker, overall Orc Clerics and Orc Tacticians, these two I predict will be a hot pick in the next age. Tactician eventually I am thinking that a few race may be more suitable to hold this personality. First to last is Orc, Elf, Undead and Avian.
    Merchant is still a viable personality for an Orc. Then as you suggested Cleric, Tactician, and one that isn't mentioned is the Warrior. Warrior may not have the durability to last 60+ hours but a limited amount could change wars with their initial higher than normal MO. However, I will have to disagree with you on Elf being an attacker race this coming age since their military is 6(elites)/5(def specs). No racial pop bonus like Humans have so less space allocation. My opinion on Race/Personality combos are as follows:

Orc - Merchant | Cleric | Tactician | Warrior - Pure Attacker
    Undead - Merchant | Tactician | Warrior | Cleric - Pure Attacker
    Dwarf - Merchant | Sage | Cleric | Warrior maybe (Tactician isn't as effective because of the free building but could be a choice for faster attack times to pair with QF) - Pure Attacker or A/m
    Elf - Mystic (Meteor Showers and extra mana/tick in war) | Sage (Better stats overall) - Pure Mage or t/M (Too difficult to run as a/M but I'm sure people will try but only a handful will succeed)
    Halfling - Rogue (extra +1 Stealth, propaganda, and less TDs needed) | Sage (Better stats overall) - Pure Thief or T/m (Too difficult to run as a/T but I'm sure people will try but only a handful will succeed)
    Human - Merchant | Sage - This is a tricky one but I feel the best way to describe this race is to be a pure attacker with just enough wpa/tpa so you can get 2~3 ops every 5 off against enemy Pure Attackers.
    Avian - Cleric | Merchant | Sage - Pure Attacker with just enough tpa to get 2~3 ops every 5 off against enemy pure attackers.
    Faery - Mystic (Meteor Showers and extra mana/tick in war) | Merchant (better finances) | Sage (Better stats overall) - T/M only here

Post Demon
    Elf attacker/mage is playable without too much work, but the problem is that some people seem to think hybrids with a 6/6 army are going to put up offense like a dorf or orc... not going to happen.

Enthusiast
    An elf's 6/6 army would be every bit as good as a dwarf's 7/5 army and less vulnerable to ambush if the training costs and economies were equal. The problem is it's significantly more expensive to train an elf army of comparable strength because you have to have a higher concentration of elites and elves don't have QF or any of the economic bonuses of the dwarf and their elite is only 50gc less. Then again the elf has +50% magic effectiveness, mage's fury for another +20%, and nightmares. The elf is very playable as a non-mystic A/m, but they'll be a bit slow or have to devote more build to their economy to compete with a dwarf, not to mention an orc or undead. I prefer elves to avians and probably humans though.

Post Demon
    elves 6/6 military can not hope to match dorfs 7/5 backed with great landsaving efects ... economy has nothing to do with that. off/deff allocation and using land to boost military does.

Quote Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
    Some less experienced players in ghettos with "bad choices" can perform better than "pros" in super-kingdoms with "good choices". While we may make efforts to predict trends (some quite accurately) and generalized outcomes, they remain generalizations nonetheless.
    This makes no sense whatsoever.
    Ghettos might have some great players who can do well with a variety of combinations, but they are going to pick and play carefully. "Less experienced players" who pick "bad choices" are chum, for the good ghetto players and for top kingdoms. A great player in a top KD is going to play better then a mediocre player, sure, but there is an underlying strength in the unified race/per/strat choice which no "less experienced player with a bad choice" is going to be able to touch.

In spite of all the strategy involved with Utopia, there's also a considerable amount of luck as well. Not merely the random factors which can cause an attack to bounce or a spell/op to fail, but there are quite a few situations where one particular Province can "fly under the radar". They're sure to be noticed by someone, obviously, though there's no telling whether or not it's possible (upwards) or even worthwhile (downwards) to do anything against them.

It's far from common, but it can and does happen.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

No.
    A ****ty player who chooses a ****ty race/per combo is going to have a ****ty age. It is really that simple.

Love to read these forums , my personal favorite self made philosophizer is:

Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaKarateKid View Post
    Elfs in the next age are overpowered, that have been my opinion all this long. This race is excluded from any normal comparison.
    keep it coming mate.
    Jesters - Legacy - RoughKnecks - Strippers

Thread Information