Thread: how to use gaurd stations effectivly

Post Fiend

how to use gaurd stations effectivly

im in a partial ghetto planning on dwarf sage/cleric and was thinking to run high gs and low defence, make myself a target. but testing it now at the end of age, i have seen some probs u need high hosps or cleric to else the gs become disbenifical. but my question i guess is what workable stratagys are there based around high gs or are u best only having a few, or what situation would u have none.

Post Demon
    gs + hospitals. if you expect the hits to come, you'll want both.

you need to run at least 10% gs in order to justify having them, probably 20% if you know you're going to be an early target.

i like building heavy gs in the middle of a war if i started small. really ticks people off when they run into -30% gains from gs after my BE starts rising. ^_^

all, or at least most attackers in your kingdom need to run at least some guardstations in order to make the building work, but there is space to give some provinces more than others. the only provinces that shouldn't use gs are really small provinces that won't be an immediate target for hits or provinces that use forts to boost their defense, which isn't really a good strategy (and even then there are some cases where combining forts and gs makes sense... not a whole lot, though).

with gs you'll still get chained, but you can make it much harder to deal with. standard anti-chain measures apply.

Only use GS in war

Regular
    agreed with what's said, normally with first gains in war i switch, but if you know 24 hours in advice your going to be waving, and you will be a retal target(ghetto war) for you i would use GS prior to wave, atleast 15%

gs is not work when u got chained, i have playing 25% gs last 2 ages, but i re arrange it to another building type.

Thread Information