Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diplomacy 101

Regular

Diplomacy 101

For your entertainment:

I am the Monarch of a KD involved in an End Age war. We had been at war for about 3 or 4 days and we were clearly losing the war. However, in an attempt to save face I sent the opposing Monarch an MP offering. Figuring I would not get an MP, I was prepared to hit the Surrender button upon his reply. Before the audiance reads the reply, I will add that during Hostile Relations I sent a Dragon upon their KD which was still flying. The next time I logged in I did get a reply and it read:

I understand what you were looking for in this war. I have my own adjinda. This war needs to build comerodery amongst our Kingdom, It has done that.

I just took over as King and this is my first war as leader. I need this war win!

During our time as Unfriendly and Hostile we were only masacuring your Kingdom, while you guys were taking our land. Now during war we are doing an organized chain while you guys have been hitting for max gains.

We entered this war with several noobs and they all did great at sticking to the targets, however, they have lost much land. our plan is a long war plan. If you want to end the war early I will be forced to have a few demands n order to save face in my Kingdom.

1. Cancel the dragon

2. Surrender

3. Order your Kingdom to not retaliate for two Utopia months so we can regain land lost

I did not immediately reply because I was at a loss for words. However, the next day I got another message from the opposing Monarch that translated into ... Give Me The Win !!!!

Its been another 4 days since I received his first response and I have thrown 2 more Dragons at his KD and the Monarch's province is shall we say ... looking a little worse for the wear.

I have posted this in our War Forum in hopes that the experienced players in his KD will see what the matter is. The opposing Monarch has 2 and a half days to earn his win.

The bottom line is to all the new Monarch's out there, this is not how to go about getting another Monarch to surrender. If you cannot pick out the flaws in this Surrender demand, then you should not be Monarch.

Veteran
    the Monarch's province is shall we say ... looking a little worse for the wear.
    Monarch bashing: the guaranteed way to a win!

Don't be so childish. You know you're losing, then surrender. Only lesson to learn here is "Don't speak during war, you may never know how your words are twisted in the mind of the opposing noob"
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Diplomacy 101:
    Diplomacy has no place in wars anymore.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Diplomacy 101:
    Diplomacy has no place in wars anymore.
    Baaahhhh ... what ever happened to the good ol' days?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm just stating a fact.
    Half the opponent nw = loss.

There's no need to talk to the other kd anymore.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda9To5 View Post
    Monarch bashing: the guaranteed way to a win!

Don't be so childish. You know you're losing, then surrender. Only lesson to learn here is "Don't speak during war, you may never know how your words are twisted in the mind of the opposing noob"
    The words spoken were by the opposing Monarch. Read his demands and tell me you see nothing wrong

Regular
    I'm just stating a fact.
    Half the opponent nw = loss.

There's no need to talk to the other kd anymore.
    One element replaced by another ... I am starting to see some problems with this concept for this upcoming age.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You realize that it's monarch's like yourself (one's that refuse to give up the win when you've clearly lost) that made this "necessary" right?

Post Demon
    Our first war of the age the opponent monarchs first words in the war forum was "do you yeld?"

Ok so they declared on someone arround 56% of their own nw, but regardless this is no way to treat an opponent, this stupid sentence was repeated by their monarch over and over like some parrot, I don't even think we got an answer to what it meant and what he was after by dooing this.

They was in it for the gains and not the win, so after 2? days of randomming from them vs systematically conquest on 4-5 provinces by us they gave up the win for nothing, they was in the lead, but staying in the war was worth less than randomming.

Forum Fanatic
    There is always need for diplomacy.Its all in what and how you say things.

Why worry about his demands or wants.If your losing end the war. With the age close to ending they wont be able to hit you anymore anyway.Stop your attacks for 2 hours and give no notice your ending it. Nothing he can do about it.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    You realize that it's monarch's like yourself (one's that refuse to give up the win when you've clearly lost) that made this "necessary" right?
    I will do the honourable thing once the opposing Monarch presents me with reasonable demands ... ones that wont get me deleted.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't think the rest of your kd mates appreciate fighting a losing battle.

Forum Fanatic
    You lost the war,He shouldnt have to ask for anything to begin with.As Palem said it isnt about his demands.It does sound like its more about your Ego than his at this point.

Im stuck in a war just like this atm with a kd whos monarch declared and deleted the next day.We are 3 times there size atm hoping they can find enough people to elect a new king to end it.Yes i could just aswell end it but why give away a win when they have mustered 15 attacks in 4 days.

Thats why some of the changes for next age are needed.People who wont surrender or lock kds up in war and delete.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    I don't think the rest of your kd mates appreciate fighting a losing battle.
    Those who are still active are the ones who have called for his head. Now that the opposing Monarch has been knocked down considerably, I have left it up to them if they want to continue fighting until End of Age. When I come home from work tonite, I will login and if I am able to, I will do what should have been done a couple of days ago.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    You lost the war,He shouldnt have to ask for anything to begin with.As Palem said it isnt about his demands.It does sound like its more about your Ego than his at this point.

Im stuck in a war just like this atm with a kd whos monarch declared and deleted the next day.We are 3 times there size atm hoping they can find enough people to elect a new king to end it.Yes i could just aswell end it but why give away a win when they have mustered 15 attacks in 4 days.

Thats why some of the changes for next age are needed.People who wont surrender or lock kds up in war and delete.
    First of all, they are not dominating us in the way you have described your situation. They are approximately 2.5M NW and we are approximately 2.1M NW. They do have the upperhand simply due to shear numbers. I have 3 inactive provinces and 4 that are in protection. The attack ratio is approximately 1.5:1 in their favour. My KD realizes that they have the upperhand but they are not dominating in the way they should be for the win.

So no ... I am not on an Ego boost. I am sending him a message that if I make an offer, you do not make a counter-offer with a demand that will get me and my KD deleted ... and for that matter, his own KD as well.

Thread Information