Thread: Building All Initial Acres and Exploring Maximum 125 Acres

Post Fiend

Question Building All Initial Acres and Exploring Maximum 125 Acres

I was under the impression that you could build all 400 acres (the 280 that aren't already built) and explore the maximum 125 acres (soldier limited) on your first turn in protection. I just ran the numbers and I come up short on GC's. Can someone tell me which assumption(s) or calculation(s) are incorrect?

280 acres * 774gc's/acre = 216,720 for building
    125 acres * 999gc's/acre = 124,875 for exploring
    ...and you start with 300k?

Regular
    I think 774 gc is a little high for 400 acres isn't it?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Demascus View Post
    I think 774 gc is a little high for 400 acres isn't it?
    It might be, but that's what I got from the formula and that's also what Angel shows. The explore amount I cannot verify with Angel, though, so I'm more dubious of that one.

Regular
    I could be wrong all together but I remember at 800 acres building costs were only 799. And I'm completely oblivious to the explore costs

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Demascus View Post
    I could be wrong all together but I remember at 800 acres building costs were only 799. And I'm completely oblivious to the explore costs
    Yes, this matches up with my calculations as well as with Angel's. So unless building in protection is discounted or there are build credits, I'd say this part of my calculation is correct.

Post Demon
    You start the game with 120 building credits - at least at the start of this age.

I remember from the past that this is not possible unless you pick Dwarf. They changed building and explore costs so it might be different now
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    It was possible this age, so it should be possible next age as well. And indeed, you forgot to take the building credits into account.

Post Fiend
    I was repeatedly told in IRC that there were no building credits. This was the piece I was missing. Thanks.

I reckon full.building only.costs 125,000 for the 320 acres.

Post Demon
    You can not *speed* build your full acres, but you can build all of them and full explore. That's what I normally do when doing a normal 540 oop.

*If* you get tricky, you can under-explore by a few acres and speed build mills (or was it normal build) to keep the 4 sol/acre explore cost the hour the mills hit for a max explore at that time. Sim it out to the gc though, cause even with nearly free, you need enough gc to build your acres to explore all your sols. The big trick is to not build all your land at the start so you can speed build enough mills.

I've used it once on my attacking faery sage to oop at 900 acres (was going to hit 1k, but pulled it back cause my kingdom wasn't good enough). Due to tog I think I was 100% elite def, and something like 20 opa/15 dpa. Required 2 alarms in the middle of the night I think - the big one was to get the 4 sol/acre, since it went up 25% the next hour.

If you are serious about simming stuff out, check out the "Excel Simulator V1.12" - if you can find it. Author: GuanYuCwK
    It is something like 5-6 ages out of date now, last I knew, but it isn't *too* hard to reconfigure all the race variables, and those are most of the major changes. (Heck, I had to add faery outright to my copy, and I got it perfect, so...) The file has an e-mail, but I've never spoken to the author, so I'm not gonna post it up here. I did find it somewhere on these forums... good hunting.

BTW, said simulated has the following values at hour 0:
    GC Cost at HC 864
    Sol Cost at HC 4
    Current Build Cost 851
    Gold at HC after tog 385,100

Note it doesn't handle the build credits, so it does a gc bonus to starting instead. (I don't know if it handles dwarf right... I *think* so?) Given the 851 starting build cost... I think we can safely conclude there at 100 build credits at age start. (In fact, I was fairly sure of that from memory. But I know better than to trust my memory alone.)

BTW nooblet - 100, not 120. Not that it matters for most...
    Last edited by Ethan; 08-05-2012 at 14:32. Reason: Fix opa/dpa values - wasn't quite as cool as I thought, though it ain't bad.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Forum Addict
    What is a good acre to come OOP at? Assume that you would like to explore away as quickly as possible, no attacking OOP. Converting later to killer, but without KD aid (assume ghetto).

Also aim is to be as big as possible OOP with still having a defense that your average ghetto guy can't hit.

Regular
    Assuming ghetto...800 acres. Any higher and you'll stick out.

Thread Information