Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halflings

Regular

Post Halflings

My kingdom decided to go a different route with 4 tm's, faery mystics, a few elf mystics, and some orc tact(as intel and minor thieving)... i feel like we are lacking A/T and was thinking of putting in like 3 halfling, maybe rogue, warrior or tactician. we do war a lot, and haven't heard much discussion on the new halflings combos... or would Humans work at all for this?

Neither are effective as attackers esp compared to all dem Orcs/UD/Dw and elf even. Better for a/T if u want halfers.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Director of Age Changes
    Both are kinda' teh suck for hybridization.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Enthusiast
    There won't be any good a/t hybrids this age. At best, some weak a/Ts are possible but they won't have much military power.

Post Fiend
    A halfling/rogue a/T with 500 BPA can have about 60-65 mod opa (OPNW = .3457ish) , 45ish mod dpa (army out, DPNW = .2579), 17 mod tpa and 2 mod wpa

Edit: Assuming 1 def spec per acre for dragon killing and the rest elites. With off specs and a more static defense you could get a better OPNW.
    Last edited by kilava; 08-05-2012 at 12:59.

Director of Age Changes
    That's not impressive at all.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

For some reason people always think halfers should have high OPA. Its always confused me. 65 opa is more than enough when you can ns the crap out of people.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I didn't say it was I just gave some reasonable numbers.

Edit: I agree with bishop that 65 mod opa is enough offense for a a/T.
    Last edited by kilava; 08-05-2012 at 13:11.

Post Demon
    There are only two races viable next age, ya'll haven't figured it out yet. Hint: one is NOT faery, although the other one is ^_^

Enthusiast
    A halfling rogue releasing to 45 dpa will get massacred to hell unless they're out of range.

Regular
    Is it viable to keep a Halfling with kilava's numbers and use it for retal/send out attacker. Assuming relative size it shouldn't need to be sending out any more offense tthan 45 opa keeping more defense at home. I personally wouldn't try this without their +10% pop but...*shrug*

its totally viable.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    If that's the case it can still get its 2 hits a day. Use specs to train up and use a lot of your income to train up your half priced thieves to keep tpa up.

Quote Originally Posted by kilava View Post
    A halfling/rogue a/T with 500 BPA can have about 60-65 mod opa (OPNW = .3457ish) , 45ish mod dpa (army out, DPNW = .2579), 17 mod tpa and 2 mod wpa

Edit: Assuming 1 def spec per acre for dragon killing and the rest elites. With off specs and a more static defense you could get a better OPNW.
    You will not need 17 mod TPA. Assuming dens X1.6 and science X2 and race +1.5 you get a 4.8 multiplier. A raw TPA of 2.0 will still give max damage or close enough on most operations. A mod TPA of 9.6 is overkill for plenty of targets. An extra 1 or 2 offensive specs should bump you over opnw 0.4.

Late in the war halflings have the mounted soldiers attacking at base 3.0 with networth 2.1.

Post Demon
    2 rTPA is enough for an A/t type role - steal, kidnap, etc. Not enough, mods or no, for an A/T proper. For one thing... +100% sci is hard. Like, I'm a sage and focused on it hard. Rogues don't get that normally. For another - I've run 10 mTPA, and it ain't enough to NS reliably. I could pull it off on *some* targets, but not reliably, and not on all the attackers. 15 mTPA seems like a good target for an A/T proper, imo. Which probably translates to 4-5 rTPA, which leaves a bit for growth/losses.

As a straight attacker, I show halfer at 92% of an orcs strength. Which shows that:
    A) halfer is not a straight attacker
    B) halfer is a competitive hybrid

Upping mTPA (before dens) to 10, for example, puts the halfer at 102% of an orc with the same tpa. So, even ignoring the T/M malus of orc, if you run enough mTPA, halfer is a *better* attacker than orc is.

I make no claim as to how useful a hybrid *is*, just that halfer makes a solid hybrid. And ya, the numbers cited by kilava look to be ballpark right - I get values like that too. Better even (like .5 OPNW), but that's cause I'm looking mostly at attacking numbers, so the OPNW is inflated by lack of tpa.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Thread Information