Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Age 54] Undead War Hero strat?

[Age 54] Undead War Hero strat?

Hi there.

I've not played Utopia for quite a few years now (I left in 2003 after VAT disbanded), and I've just started playing again recently.

I'm looking for a decent Undead War Hero build strat to aim for, as I'll be going heavy attacker hopefully ready to war right out of protection.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Post Demon
    Why war hero?? Please share, so that we may better advise you once understanding your style.

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Why war hero?? Please share, so that we may better advise you once understanding your style.
    I have no idea? War Hero looks to be a good choice to pump out lots of soldiers. What would you suggest for an UD heavy attacker?

I'm having to relearn the game all over again, so please bare that in mind. lol xD

Post Demon
    I think war hero is a complete waste of a personality. It doesn't match the econ bonus of other choices, and the + honor is not applicable. As an undead you will never in any war be able to hold on to any of your honor...

Post Demon
    You'll get honor, just can't keep :)

Warrior is you;re best option.

Enthusiast
    You can probably hold Lord. Just don't count on ever holding more than that. You might get lucky some, but it's definitely luck if you can hold higher honor than that and you really need at least Baron or Viscount to get much out of war hero. The ambush protection is better suited to avian and orc as well. It's not a great personality for general purposes.

Holding honor isn't that hard, holding it and contributing to a chain is hard though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    You can probably hold Lord. Just don't count on ever holding more than that. You might get lucky some, but it's definitely luck if you can hold higher honor than that and you really need at least Baron or Viscount to get much out of war hero. The ambush protection is better suited to avian and orc as well. It's not a great personality for general purposes.
    Ok thanks. So would you suggest either Warrior or Tactician then? The +OME versus the -AT makes it hard to decide. OME means stronger attacks, but -AT means more attacks.

Also, building % numbers for either Warrior or Tactician...what would be the best setup to have assuming possible war out of protection?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Holding honor isn't that hard, holding it and contributing to a chain is hard though.
    True enough, assuming a large enough kingdom. Not the norm though.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by synful1 View Post
    Ok thanks. So would you suggest either Warrior or Tactician then?
    Tact's bonuses are better oow, so unless you're going to roll from one war to another tact will give you more consistent benefits.

Post Demon
    - attack time is either a *huge* deal, or a non-issue entirely. This age, for example, I was halfer and so had QF. Which gave me a natural 11.52 hour attack time in war. Since I can normally only manage 2x a day... *more* attack time bonus was worthless. When I needed a bit of attack time to "roll back" faster, I just build 5% rax.

On the other hand... doing 5/48 instead of 4/48 is like +25% gains, *and* might disrupt ambush etc. So if you can hit those logins, that is pretty major. The econ buff is fairly major as well. Also note, the +15% OME is *additive*, so if you are packing 125% OME naturally, that's only *1.12 MO, not *1.15 as you'd think.

All that said: +offense, and more +offense (general), and 5x taps if chained/finishing. Any attacker with warrior is doing well. If -attack time doesn't help, warrior is probably best. (Cleric is a serious option, but harder to use well.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

5/28 - 4/48 wtf are you talking about?

Regular
    5 hits versus 4 hits in a 48 hour period

Forum Fanatic
    wow,was it really 03 when Mehul got Vat,time sure flys

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information