Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humans

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    magic damage isn't reduced from nw difference. Only success rate.
    Are you sure? I think fireballs for example do 2-3% peasents or something i forget at this point. But in my experience if way out of NW range you seem to hit near the lower random factor. Its different then stealth, but I do believe damage is still effected some. Durations are also lower, MS a bank and you will hit min duration most of the time. ^_^
    My life is better then yours.

Veteran
    I think goodz expresses it right.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Durations are affected. I don't think instant spells are though, but I base that entirely off LL's, which I think are a bit more random as far as results...

LL is totally random. You'd see it in NM easily though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Well I'll be damned lol

Veteran
    I'm playing a human/sage, the reason is that I'm playing in a ghetto, so having a powerful province in a particular role is less important than versatility, hence human/sage. You really need to pick a race/pers (and strategy for that matter) to suit your kingdoms size and ambitions. For example, players in my small ghetto kingdom are suggesting a heavy chaining strategy (simply 'cause all the cool kids do it), but in reality it would be ineffective as we don't use IRC or any co-ordination, if we get 10 provs to attack at all in a war I'd be impressed. Max gains strategy is much better for this kingdom.

So for your race/personality you need to suit your kingdom. If you're a good player in a not-so-good kingdom you have to keep in mind that having some versatility to fill the gaps in your kingdom is important, even at the expense of an otherwise more powerful province. Plus I just want to have fun, I'm not playing competitively, so there will be a lot of time to sci pump, hence sage rather than merchant (which would be better for a more serious kingdom).
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Post Demon
    nw difference can have a huge effect on fireballs and instant damage ops, but LL and Tornado (?) are randomized.

Regular
    I have made a Human/Merchant, I have played Utopia in the passed a long time ago, we're talking like 10 years... In the days of Hel of Dim Forest. Is there anyone that could help me out with a build at all?

irc #tactics is probably ur best bet for quickest help. otherwise what are you planning on doing, what kind of kingdom have you landed into? etc need basic info
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Regular
    Well I've landed in what looks like a ghetto, about 5 provinces and everyone looks new... What do you suggest? I don't know what would be wise to do, if I am in a ghetto maybe being an all rounder with a bit more emphasis on attacking other ghetto provinces? Not too sure, I've been out of the game for so long I hardly remember much.

Forum Addict
    I'd go to the recruiting part of these forums and find a good place to play first.

Regular
    I think I will find my feet in this ghetto again for this age, I just want to find a solid guide for human

Post Demon
    If you're in a total ghetto, you should have the freedom to play around with strategies to figure out what works, without any serious obligations or expectations. The standard heavy banks, heavy arms, enough guilds and towers to cast tree of gold every tick, and farms is a good place to start for Humans, while training mostly elites, some offspec, and about 500 thieves during protection.

Human kinda sucks this age, and in a total ghetto you're not likely to get war for a long time, so just take it easy and get your province established I guess?

Intel has changed. That is something which trips up a lot of returning players, due to intel inaccuracy being formerly unknown.

Regular
    Ok thanks Nooblet!

Yeah I remember when CBs and so on were pretty dodgy if you didn't get them done by a good mage, is that still the same now?

So what kind of build strat would I be looking at for starters?

Post Demon
    There's no CB. It's Spy on Throne now, a thief operation. To get accurate intel you have to send more thieves - the number to send is proportional to your total number of thieves, and sending 20% of your theives gives you the most accurate intel you can get (about 3% inaccurate). The same principle applies to spy on military and other intel ops presumably. Someone might know more details about it, or it's in the guide somewhere.

For starters - as I said, lots of banks (35%), arms (25%), guilds (15%), towers (15%), and enough farms to feed yourself (10%). That is a good basic strategy to ensure you can come out with a lot of trained soldiers, whether you're lazy or hyperactive during protection. It's not the only way, but it's the easy way.
    Last edited by nooblet; 14-05-2012 at 04:53.

Thread Information