Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Age 54: Dwarf/Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    It's more like 4x, discounting the times you'd need to cast Vortex to strip away buffs like Reflect Magic and Magic Shield to make your ops more valuable.

On Meteors - That op should be left to dedicated t/ms anyway, since you only need about 2 t/ms to cover Meteors on all enemy provinces. If you have attackers trying to cast Meteors, what happens when said attacker gets chained, and has a harder time getting the necessary runes or targetting an enemy's largest provinces? The same goes with other ops an a/m would want to run - when you get chained, your towers are trashed, and rune costs increase for smaller provinces, and finally size difference makes ops harder and less effective on the provinces you'd want to op. That is why an attacking mystic has to be played very carefully, because chaining such a province produces great rewards and such a province at the bottom is less effective than a strict warring personality.

Since my kingdom warred yours (Jotun/Lebanon)'s last age, I think I can say a few things...

- We had Undead/Mystics last age as I alluded to in another thread, and putting up meteors was difficult with a lot of mage pumping. Most of the a/ms gave up on Meteors and stuck with FB+Chastity to make life easier.
    - Since Cleric chaining came up (I don't know why); when a province runs very high offense, low defense, high draftrates with homes and low BE, any personality is easy to chain. Even then we didn't want to chain the Clerics, but we had to take down some of the high-honor and high-offense ones because those were the best chain targets, and if we did not put enough attacks into them we were shooting ourselves in the foot. This goes back to Mystic (and Rogue) as well - chaining Hybrids is a good way to make such provinces incapable of doing much of anything, forcing them to release their thieves and wizzies if they want to stay afloat.
    - Elf/Mystic is difficult to play right, but chances are your a/m wants to have a substantial defense and doesn't need a huge offense. a/m running high offense is guaranteed to get chained... at 6/6, Elf armies are about even with Dwarves, if they are adopting a more balanced offense/defense strategy. Elf Lords are better at turtling as well, and odds are an Elf can keep some of their elites at home to keep their defense higher. Your big elf's problem wasn't its army or build choice, but because it was played by a nub who wasn't using its size and army in the best possible way... had it been in the hands of a decent player we would have had a much harder war. Fortunately for us it didn't happen.
    if you want to waste 10 attackers hitting an elf/mystic be my guest... you cant disable one.... not with 5 mana/tick lling... you waste a unique on half ur provs and by the time their armies are back the elf is already recasting ms no problem lol. enjoy wasting ur time. If theyre turtling and you have to waste every one of ur hitters which is a likely scenario with faery being crappy then an elf soaks up an entire unique for 1 prov not being able to cast MS for 12 hours.... if there are others then you did NOTHING, I REPEAT SWEET F ALL to a kd and wasted a unique.
    Last edited by crease; 12-05-2012 at 12:58.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    if you want to waste 10 attackers hitting an elf/mystic be my guest... you cant disable one.... not with 5 mana/tick lling... you waste a unique on half ur provs and by the time their armies are back the elf is already recasting ms no problem lol. enjoy wasting ur time. If theyre turtling and you have to waste every one of ur hitters which is a likely scenario with faery being crappy then an elf soaks up an entire unique for 1 prov not being able to cast MS for 12 hours.... if there are others then you did NOTHING, I REPEAT SWEET F ALL to a kd and wasted a unique.
    Oh boy...

Post Demon
    So ur saying... Don't chain elves? Oddly enough, I agree with u.that those 10 trad marches won't disable the elf. If u instead do 10 massacres instead, the elf is dead. Even ur ****ty attackers tpa will be enough to ns and rob resources, etc. wont be doing any ms blankets after that!

I used to panic and think there was no time for massacres in a war, cause you'll go from being + 2,235 acres to -298 acres after a wave. But acres do not win wars. Net worth, and more specifically... NW distribution and matchups does. This is why letting provinces grow, shelling out certain ones, and making sure to control the middle & bottom nw are all so important!!

the top nw provinces are often really easy to shell anyways once they go from lets say 1600 acres up to 2200 by 48 hours, its just too easy to disable all growth. Cant keep wpa on pace with acres incoming

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    So ur saying... Don't chain elves? Oddly enough, I agree with u.that those 10 trad marches won't disable the elf. If u instead do 10 massacres instead, the elf is dead. Even ur ****ty attackers tpa will be enough to ns and rob resources, etc. wont be doing any ms blankets after that!

I used to panic and think there was no time for massacres in a war, cause you'll go from being + 2,235 acres to -298 acres after a wave. But acres do not win wars. Net worth, and more specifically... NW distribution and matchups does. This is why letting provinces grow, shelling out certain ones, and making sure to control the middle & bottom nw are all so important!!

the top nw provinces are often really easy to shell anyways once they go from lets say 1600 acres up to 2200 by 48 hours, its just too easy to disable all growth. Cant keep wpa on pace with acres incoming
    now you are changing ur tact, you first said you would chain them, now you come back with a reasonable argument atleast...

and the "oh boy" comment nooblet? you wanna chain my elf and spend 3-4x the number of uniques doing it be my guest... foolish imo. come find me and try it.

end of last age i was lling about 80 acres a tick at 250 acres, meanwhile offhits from every prov in their kd would just about equalise that... oh joy... you can keep 1 prov down with all 24 provs that arent being chained... all that for disabling 1 prov that can ms? christ, youve lost the war before the age has even begun.

edit: 24*3general 5acre taps->360 acres per unique.... i could LL that in 4.5 ticks....
    Last edited by crease; 12-05-2012 at 15:54.

Post Demon
    The OP proposed a 100 opa/40dpa dwarf mystic, which would be a lot easier to chain or massacre... as would any low dpa province, Mystic or not.

Post Demon
    Its my first post in this thread how the f am I ” changing my tact”.

Can't argue with piss-poor reading skillers nooblet. Save ur rhetoric my man.

Post Fiend
    Letting the A/Ms grow, then hitting them with massacres (you guys got this covered I guess, didn't look through though). But, have you guys considered amnesias when their wpa is lowered quite a bit from the massacres and the land gains? It would kill their hybrid potential wouldn't it?

there wasnt any reading of names... it was just assumption, and it read pretty well that i had replied to you from what you just posted ddodge. i was wrong im sorry.

we were offtopic nooblet-.- guess thats why you are partially lost^^
    Last edited by crease; 12-05-2012 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingChicken View Post
    Letting the A/Ms grow, then hitting them with massacres (you guys got this covered I guess, didn't look through though). But, have you guys considered amnesias when their wpa is lowered quite a bit from the massacres and the land gains? It would kill their hybrid potential wouldn't it?
    its a possibility to use t/ms for that this age, if there is sufficiently spare mana flying around and the a/m has good enough sci to make it viable, would have to be on sage late age. otherwise, it is preferable to control econ and ns

Post Demon
    @whole chaining hybrids bussines ...
    chaining a/t's is excelent choice imo, chaining a/m's not so much. They are exccelent for ll'ing back and can be huge pain in the ass to see them jump from 250 to 750 acres in one tick just before their off returns if you havent sabotaged before chain, this epecially goes for races who have +instant spell dmg and +mana on them. Another downside is they are still able to cast efectivly even when deep chained simply by sticking to instant spells which are not affected by nw penalty to gains and thier extreme wpa takes care of nw penalty to succes rate.

That beeing said chaining is the only reliable way to remove their economy and since high wpa provinces are the ones really excelling at beeing UB its usually wise preemptive choice to take care of any large a/m's despite the relative dificulty of chaining them down when compatred to a/t's and pure hitters.

@nooblet
    I wouldnt say running a/m's with low def and high off is noob thing to do ... more like situational. In certian setups high opa a/m's work better than the ones with high dpa.

Post Fiend
    Well, amnesia could also lower mod tpa, and when combined with massacres. At that point probably your pure attackers would be able to NS the hybrid. I'm pretty much assuming the hybrid has decent science, which is pretty much required to play a good hybrid anyway.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    lol... citas 15 wpa stemmed from 4 raw, with 150% sci and VC honour and mages fury-.- you lose alot not picking sage and going for a race with MF. i didnt break 4 raw all age and i was close to 20 wpa at the same time he was 15^^ attackers by midage have about 3 mod wpa, you need 12+ to cast MS on that. Most times later in age you want to be fbing sages or turtles, they usually have above average wpa, so 15 wpa is not an overestimate for a hybrid that will grow during war....

for a warring kd, sage is of greater importance than a non warring kd... winning a war = free sci pump.... you say you want 7 wars this age, if you win 5 then theres ur 500bpa... sage didnt get a nerf with the mechanic changes... people are blinded by the obvious.
    Unless you intra-raze (shame on you... can we please have some propper negative effects from this) your not gonna get 500 bpa from 5 wins, unless your the median province for your kd, and never grow.

Post Demon
    i will just go on record as saying that i think a full dwarf/mystic KD could beat any opposing setup (22 of course, 3 overpowered faeries included)

but i dont think people realized pre-age that dwarf/mystic is the best A/m setup to exist in many many ages. no pezzies = no win. gl to the dwarf mystics

Thread Information