Thread: Orc Tactician Protection Strat

Orc Tactician Protection Strat

Hey Guys,

im quite an experienced player, I got to a nice round 700k Faery last age and roughly around the same the age before,

I have literally played Faery or Elf for the past god knows how many ages, but I fancied a complete change up and have gone for Orc Tactician.

I have a half decent build and strat for 100k and over but I was wondering what your opinion was for OOP?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Anyone?!

OOP builds are all the same typically, lots of banks and arms. Theres not a whole lot to them
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

some can go tower / guild heavy but won't be good for orc/tact.

first go a lot of banks and some towers and guilds (L&P and Pat and Buildersboon if you have enough building incoming)
    On your incoming acres get armouries.

16h before OOP go inspire army and train the whole bunch

Post Fiend
    Your protection build really depends on what your kingdom is doing OOP. Warring? Further exploring? Or attacking randoms for land.

In any case, can't go wrong with armouries + banks.

1) Explore 69 acres. Post "currently exploring 69 acres" in your irc channel.
    2) Post LOL in irc channel
    3) turn off draft until max pop. Turn back on at max pop
    4) Build 10% arms and 40% banks 15% guilds 5% towers. Keep existing buildings. You can scrap homes for military buildings 22 hours before OOP or keep them to get peasents faster during rapid growth and just build military buildings with your 69 acres.
    5) Cast Love and peace.
    6) Cast patriotisim
    7) Recast patriotisim when expires
    8) At training time cast inspire army and train 1 DSPA 1 OSPA 1 TPA and rest in elites.

At oop look for plunder, and max gain for land. Avoid hitting into top kingdoms but make sure your KD retals 1:1 any hits they receive as best they can. Ask top kingdoms for long term CF's in exchange for not retaliating so then they cant farm you later in age.. Threaten to fireball their larger provinces if they ignore you.

Do fireball their larger provinces if they ignore your threat.
    My life is better then yours.

PROTECTION STRAT AND HOW TO CONVERT TO WAR BUILDS:

30% Guilds (will be outgrowing these, do not raze them just grow and let them drop to 15%. Start building GS instead)
    20% Banks (5% will go to GS and 15% to WTs. This is the LAST building you raze right before war.)
    20% Armouries (will be razed and turned to TGs right after protection. Raze this building first.)
    10% Farms (stays the same all age unless Sciences allow it to be lowered)
    10% Towers (stays the same all age)
    10% Homes (stays the same all age)

War builds to be built by the time we are in war:
    10% Farms
    10% Towers
    15% Guilds
    10% Homes
    20% TGs
    20% GS
    **the above buildings are considered your standard war build, you should NEVER have to change them the rest the age. If you need to pump something you will use the last 15% of your land (referred to as your adjustable buildings) to pump wizards (guilds) or elites (armouries) or sciences (schools) or .... well you get the idea***
    15% WTs

Going to fit hospitals in there somewhere I am sure but will figure that out later.Probably start out with hospitals early age instead of GS.
    Last edited by Ryshad; 10-05-2012 at 20:31.
    Everything in your province is peasant based

Quote Originally Posted by Ryshad View Post
    PROTECTION STRAT AND HOW TO CONVERT TO WAR BUILDS:

30% Guilds (will be outgrowing these, do not raze them just grow and let them drop to 15%. Start building GS instead)
    20% Banks (5% will go to GS and 15% to WTs. This is the LAST building you raze right before war.)
    20% Armouries (will be razed and turned to TGs right after protection. Raze this building first.)
    10% Farms (stays the same all age unless Sciences allow it to be lowered)
    10% Towers (stays the same all age)
    10% Homes (stays the same all age)

War builds to be built by the time we are in war:
    10% Farms
    10% Towers
    15% Guilds
    10% Homes
    20% TGs
    20% GS
    **the above buildings are considered your standard war build, you should NEVER have to change them the rest the age. If you need to pump something you will use the last 15% of your land (referred to as your adjustable buildings) to pump wizards (guilds) or elites (armouries) or sciences (schools) or .... well you get the idea***
    15% WTs

Going to fit hospitals in there somewhere I am sure but will figure that out later.Probably start out with hospitals early age instead of GS.
    Even my strategy was better
    My life is better then yours.

Thumbs up

orc strat in general, change up depending on whether you're cleric, tact, warrior, merch, wh, etc.

in protection

-some banks (a bit more than arms)
    -some arms
    -at least 20% guilds
    -some towers
    -some farms
    -phase in tgs with explored acres, incoming land

oop & getting ready for war (assuming your goal is to win wars)

~20% guilds min
    ~15% tgs
    ~15% rax
    ~15% wts
    ~15% hosps
    ~15% banks
    -some farms
    -some towers

A+ imo.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Demon
    @ KuhaN - farms+towers < 5%? That's a neat trick.

If warring/waving right oop at the standard 540, you'll want to build some war buildings in your initial 280. (40-80, at an estimate? Leaving 200-240 for the guilds/towers/banks/arms) If using stables oop, build those in first build instead so they start filling. The remaining 140 should go to more war buildings (rax, TG, hospitals, etc.)

If you are growing for at least 24 hours after oop before starting wars/waves, go pure econ on your initial 280. You'll get longer use of the econ, and grow/cycle more build space into war build due to the first hits gaining land.

Edit: Re: KahuN's post below.
    I did missed the ~ on the first reading. Slightly confusing to *need* to drop something, imo, but clearly not that big a deal once I read better.
    Last edited by Ethan; 10-05-2012 at 23:17.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Thumbs up

Apparently you don't know the meaning of ~ ethan, it means about, or estimate. You can adjust to 12 or whatever to make farms and towers fit lol. It's not rocket science -.- Everybody has their own little perfect numbers!
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Demon
    banks
    arms
    more banks
    more arms
    even more banks

build, explore 125, keep building banks, arms, and if you feel like it guilds and towers. having guilds on hand for IA+MP is the most important thing, but you don't absolutely need either.

there are alternatives that start with more land, or use training grounds/barracks/stables to put up offense, or put you in a position to go to war right away. there isn't a good one-size-fits-all strategy, but heavy banks+arms is the closest.

Thread Information