Thread: Elf Mystic Build age 54

Elf Mystic Build age 54

Need advice going to be an a/M or if possible an A/M. I plan on 6 dspec per acre a raw wpa of 4 and anything else is gravy also a raw tpa of 1.5 -- 2.0

Regular
    I'm not sure about elf A/M this age. To start off I would go basics. Explore and have lots of banks/arms/guilds. Get your defense in place and have a jump start on your wpa.

Try to keep high guilds for as long as possible. Then convert strat over. We'll go based off of a/M.

09% Farms
    15% Banks
    18% TGs
    13% Guilds
    12% Towers
    13% Hopitals
    10% Stables
    10% WTs (damn loss of CS)

This is what comes to mind for me for A/M

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demascus View Post
    I'm not sure about elf A/M this age. To start off I would go basics. Explore and have lots of banks/arms/guilds. Get your defense in place and have a jump start on your wpa.

Try to keep high guilds for as long as possible. Then convert strat over. We'll go based off of a/M.

09% Farms
    15% Banks
    18% TGs
    13% Guilds
    12% Towers
    13% Hopitals
    10% Stables
    10% WTs (damn loss of CS)

This is what comes to mind for me for A/M
    You can get away with 7% Farms if you invest in Food Sciences which is the easiest one to improve quickly (especially the initial 1500 science points you get). Also, During protection you don't really need WTs or Hospitals. Stables are fine if planning to war immediately OOP but not that good unless you make them a permanent structure until wars.

During protection I'd run something like this:

08% Homes (Already have this at 400 acres and will increase pop/hour faster)
    07% Farms (Invest points into sciences and you'll be fine)
    20% Banks (To increase income quicker)
    32% Guilds (To improve wizard pumping faster)
    15% Towers (To get a good amount of runes quicker and maybe Paradise to save coins)
    18% Armouries (To reduce elite costs)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Coming OOP would be something like this:
    08% Homes (Already have 40 at 400 acre and will increase pop/hour faster along with shifting BE number for better income etc)
    15% Banks (To increase income quicker)
    30% Guilds (To improve wizard pumping faster)
    12% Towers (To get a good amount of runes quicker and maybe Paradise to save coins)
    14% Hospitals (To maintain more troops)
    14% Guard Stations (reduce impact of incoming hits)
    -----------------------------------------------
    During War setup something like:
    10% Homes (Already have this at 400 acres and will increase pop/hour faster)
    15% Banks (To increase income quicker)
    15% Training Grounds (To improve offense)
    12% Guilds (Most a Mystic needs)
    08% Towers (Same reason as Guilds)
    15% Guard Stations (reduce impact of incoming hits)
    15% Hospitals (To maintain more troops)
    03% Dungeons (personal choice over Stables)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Not a specific build but just ways to consider making yourself safer from random attacks outside of war while being effective during war. You won't have huge numbers MO wise but if you pick your spots right then you will be able to hit targets who leave low defense at home.

Also noting some other things:
    Alchemy - Fastest way to improve income (1.4 modifier on sciences)
    Tools - Improves all resource output and building effectiveness (1 modifier on sciences focus on early and onward)
    Housing - Improves pop size (0.65 modifier on sciences and would stay away from this for a bit)
    Food - Improves Food production increase (8 modifier on sciences and everyone should pump this up to a good amount so they reduce acres needed for farms)
    Military - Improves Gains in Combat (1.4 modifier on sciences and only good for attackers)
    Crime - Improves mTPA (6 modifier on sciences good to start early for T/#)
    Channeling - Improves mWPA and runes produced per hour (6 modifier on sciences and good to start early for #/M)
    Last edited by Natsu; 09-05-2012 at 20:04. Reason: Fixed
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

At small sizes and early age rune costs will force you to run more towers than 8% even for a mystic.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Yeah my build was a basic war strat. Coming oop with mine would be stupid.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    At small sizes and early age rune costs will force you to run more towers than 8% even for a mystic.
    Think 15% for a mystic+elf, you got the double effectiveness might as plan to aid out a few runes too

yar, just remember that rune costs scale badly at small sizes.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    There are a few approaches that come to mind:

1 - mod your military heavily, and try to keep up with the high-powered offenses while having a competent mage component, at the expense of some offensive military buildings. this is probably the worst way, but the way a lot of kingdoms will expect you to play.
    2 - forget about military strength mods, and go for heavy barracks, gs, hospitals, and watchtowers. your army is going to be weak as hell, but if you hit faster and take punishment better you'll still be able to do your job
    3 - emphasize magic and thief buildings, and run close to a t/m build with higher tpa. this gets around elf's thief vulnerability against all but a dedicated faery or halfling, but leaves the elf a really crap attacker. works because of the defensive value of elf lords with armies in
    4 - forget about attacking entirely and play t/m. with armies in, though, a fully trained elf is only losing about 20 mod dpa, so it's arguable that if you use this approach you might as well go with approach 3 instead.

since you claim to run 6 dspa, i'm guessing 1 or 2 are what you have in mind. i'd suggest going with 2.

Thread Information