Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize Marijuana?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    Getting close to Godwin's Law... Let's get this back on track so we don't have to shut down the discussion!
    Godwin's Law is a dumb conversation deterrent that is usually given when you don't have more worthwhile rebutal to propose.

The argumentation speaks for itself.

Too many idiots with a head full of hot air that think that following an arbitrary set of principles makes them better than everyone else, but who never stop to examine whether the principles that they propose are well aligned.

It doesn't make them better, it makes them very self-centered and stupid.
    Last edited by Magn; 10-05-2012 at 18:46.

@magn:
    Drug use is harmful to other people and I would bet that the majority of users are not really concerned with other people’s well-being, so are they not the ones being stubborn and selfish? Also, rampant drug use (and I include alcohol in that) is posing an increasing threat to fabric of modern society, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Recently the Dutch enforced a restriction on marijuana availability and BOOM... crime goes up.
    If there was no laws there would be no crime! Pretty well anytime a new law is enforced crime goes up. Be it a ban on slavery, a ban on a substance, or a ban on any activity that was once done... Provided they choose to enforce the law.

I do believe that legalizing marijuana would be fine, it is not worth policing something so widely used. The United States took a very extreme anti drug stance and still people smoke pot. Even though potentially you could face jail time...

Soon enough pot will be legal. But first they have to develop a way to monitor it, I think using it at work/driving will be prohibited in a similar way to alchahol, although the effects of marijuana are far less imparing then the effects of alchahol unless taken in a massive dose.
    My life is better then yours.

"In another study of seriously injured individuals admitted to a Level-1 shock trauma center, more than a quarter (26.9 percent) tested positive for marijuana. In a study of fatally injured drivers in Washington State, 12.7 percent tested positive for marijuana." -Dr. Robert DuPont, former pres of Institute of Behavior and Health
    He also claims that the usage rate in 2008 was 6.1%. That shows a highly disproportionate % of weed users in fatal accidents and serious injuries. I find it hard to believe that those users were the only victims in the car accidents/other incidents. So i don't think you can claim that marijuana use does not impair one's ability to function nor that it is a harmless drug. It sheds doubt on the claim that it is victimless.

Now, I understand that there is a lot of research that claims the opposite of what I have cited, but my point is that there aren't many hard-and-fast conclusions about marijuana's use, so it is premature to claim that its use poses no risk to society.
    Last edited by TheImmortal; 11-05-2012 at 03:43. Reason: I'm a moron

Post Demon
    The hilarious irony of America is that criminals are treated like sick people, and sick people are treated like criminals...

That is also a possibility.

As a looong time smoker and sometimes grower I personally hope pot is never legalised (in Australia) I pay enough taxes to the c u n t s I don't want to pay any more.
    IMPERIALS KLA

I would be totally for it, it has several benefits, you make a good dent in criminal activity, the goverment gets a good source of income (cause imo it should if legal be controlled by the goverment), people should get high more, less violence on the streets!

are you allowed to grow your own tobacco for personal use tax free?

I think if legalised pot would be the same, but if selling it tax would become involved.
    My life is better then yours.

I think it's legal to grow your own tobacco, but there are stipulations on it still I think... I remember my father (old farmer) talking about full-time tobacco farmers not being able to use their own crop though I think.

I don't really like the idea of growing your own pot as being legal though. Growing the crop for smoking should be done only on licensed farms.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

In Australia it is illegal to grow tobacco ..... and the fines and jail time where three time higher then pot .... that might have changed but I doubt it.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Leave Pandoras box closed.
    amen right there. that is all you need to think about

not the most persuasive argument with "pandora's box."

This is a discussion, so WHY will legalizing pot be like opening Pandora's Box? You really think crack-addicts will be clamoring for the legalization of crack? I find that laughable!

The fact is, and there's NO way to deny this, pot isn't a hard-core drug. Taking my Adderall without eating something gets me higher for longer than my roommate after a single joint. It's not like crack or heroin where you would do ANYTHING to get more of it. My roommate takes at least a hit every day (especially if he has a lot of studying, says it helps him concentrate), and when he runs out he'll go weeks at a time without smoking any.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Being in law enforcement i have no more use for a drunk behind the wheel as i do for a pot head trying to drive.Both impair the ability to do what a person not under either influence can do.
    Ive never seen someone smoking a real cigarette see things that are not there and swerve and hit someone head on.That isnt just weed but any drug.Once you legalize 1 you open the door to others.Leave Pandoras box closed.
    So, by using your logic every drug should been avaible a long time ago, both cigarettes and alcohol is addictive, but wait that isnt the case.

Godwin's Law is a dumb conversation deterrent that is usually given when you don't have more worthwhile rebutal to propose.
    So is bringing up dictatorships :)

Thread Information