Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize Marijuana?

Post Demon
    Not sure but I think with taxes tobacco is probably more expensive dose-for-dose than marijuana in most US states, assuming a stable and reliable connection. Not that it has any real bearing, just an thing I have observed, even with the illegality of marijuana. So again, the growers and distributors mostly don't care... if they go to prison, they have their allies in the system to protect them, and often are treated with extreme lenience by the court system if they have the correct connections. The drug war is a joke in large part because no one involved really wants to fight it... just like prohibition, there was far more incentive for law enforcement to ally with bootleggers. Ultimately the movers behind prohibition and the drug war are mostly interested in dictating who can and who can't have access, rather than stamping out a vice entirely... you never hear of middle- or upper-class, educated members of society receiving much punishment for drug violations, and it's well established that the legal system bends over backwards to protect such people. The drug war is just another extension of class war, and is fought mostly so that the upper classes can have their priveliged access. If it were fought in a way to seriously stamp out the drug trade, the cartels' activity in the US at least would be crushed within a decade, considering the funding and police powers that are held by the government.

well the statistic that showed so many pot users is controlled. they dont point out who was high and who wasnt by showing the levels in thier systems. pot can stay in your system for a month that dosnt mean they were high at the time of the crash.

people are missing the bigger picture, pot is a gate way drug. by making it legal you remove most of that and the kids will have less chance of comming into contect with it. i know most are looking at that and saying "what". simple when i was a teen it was much eazyer to get weed then booze. i had to find someone to buy me booze but could get weed on my own. the big thing with kids is they have to go to drug dealers to get it. after a few sales its in the dealers best intrest to get the kid to try harder drugs turning them into addicts .that what happend to alot of my friends they moved on to meth and the dealers were normaly the same guys.

alot of the government pot reasearch is based by this guy and he was disbarred over it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDTAqVIpfk

even the tests that were not completly bogus were set up to get bad results. some tests were done on the basis of 30 to 60 joints of high grade weed a day. i dont think anyone could smoke that and live
    most of you old timers that have a problem with it have been brainwashed by the government with movies like refermadness. ever watch that one were they show the white woman being raped by black guys because she got high.

if the anti pot lobby wants to argue that it shouldnt be legalised then come up with a real argument. drug control needed to be done because it was way out of control. he could be heroin and cocaine could be bought the same way aspirin was bought
    http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com...asshshhsht.jpg
    http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbvie...d-pharmacy.jpg

hell back then even coca cola hade cocaine in it, so yah things needed to be done but they went to far
    http://rosierogers.files.wordpress.c...y-ad.jpg?w=497

Coca Cola did not have cocaine in it :/
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Coca Cola did not have cocaine in it :/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Co....80.93_cocaine

Coca-Cola once contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. In 1903 it was removed.
    S E C R E T S

Cocaine is a distilled and refined product and is not in coca cola, nor was it ever. Just because they are created using the same product does not mean they are the same end result.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Coca leaves are currently de-cocainized before use for flavoring. Prior to 1903 it wasn't. Coca cola contained cocaine. You can find 100 articles referencing cocaine as the ingredient in old Coca cola formulas, not coca leaves or coca extract, cocaine.
    Last edited by DHaran; 14-05-2012 at 14:09.
    S E C R E T S

Cocaine is a processed end result, its not naturally occurring. Wiki is wrong :p

just a note on the original post:

Legalizing Marijuana would not only save California's state deficit problems, but it would probably make California the #1 economic state in the country... lol
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

If you legalise it the price of it will drop massively though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    That isnt just weed but any drug.Once you legalize 1 you open the door to others.Leave Pandoras box closed.
    But Pandoras box is already open... right? Isn't Alcohol legal? So we did make 1 legal...

ah! i messed up my post!

If you legalise it the price of it will drop massively though.
    true, but that's why need to regulate the price at the beginning and phase it in to it's natural market price...

Cocaine is a processed end result, its not naturally occurring. Wiki is wrong :p
    Cocaine is naturally occurring. It has to be processed into a form that can be administered into the bloodstream. That's why chewing coca leaves isn't efficient, because stomach acid just renders it inactive. It's still cocaine.
    S E C R E T S

The chemicals in the leaf are absolutely nothing like the product that people call cocaine though.

The chemicals in the leaf are absolutely nothing like the product that people call cocaine though.
    Processing it for stronger potency and better ingestion methods doesn't mean the source isn't cocaine. Using the leaves to make cocaine tea is still a method of ingesting cocaine, though obviously it wouldn't be as potent as bumping a line off a hooker.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information