Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize Marijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I don't care about the conversation, but if you call me or anyone else stupid you get a ban. It's that simple.

Even if I'm wrong about cocaine, I'm not wrong about it being in coca-cola. But I still find the grape comparison a bad one, considering coca leaves alone can give mild effects when ingested, grapes can not.

Coca alkaloid is cocaine. Cocaine is in coca leaves, just in negligible levels. It's processed to different forms because of this.
    Am I right, then, in thinking it is like THC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Don't argue when a mod tells you to watch your language korp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I...argues...
    Oh no you didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    There's no necessary reason why that would happen. You could either monopolize the production/distribution of it(could even do this by making the permits to create it extremely expensive so that only a few distributors could afford it and could work as a semi-cartel ala oil companies), or as would be easier legally, just increase the tax on it as the price drops. Lotsa ways for governments to regulate the price of commodities
    All the government will do is put a cap on the price it can sell illegally for. The price of it will fall a lot.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Oh no you didn't!

All the government will do is put a cap on the price it can sell illegally for. The price of it will fall a lot.
    The price is already going down a lot in areas with a huge concentration of growers with medical cards.

Teeeeheeeeheheheeee.... I'm at 420 acres....
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

here

The recipe: Fluid extract of Coca: 3 drams USP, Citric acid: 3 oz, Caffeine: 1 oz, Sugar: 30 (unclear quantity), Water: 2.5 gal, Lime juice: 2 pints, 1 quart, Vanilla: 1 oz, Caramel: 1.5 oz or more for color
    The secret 7X flavor (use 2 oz of flavor to 5 gals syrup):
    Alcohol: 8 oz
    Orange oil: 20 drops
    Lemon oil: 30 drops
    Nutmeg oil: 10 drops
    Coriander: 5 drops
    Neroli: 10 drops
    Cinnamon: 10 drops

1886 Coca-Cola is first introduced by John Pemberton, containing cocaine laced syrup and caffeine.

Indeed KuhaN it is hardly performance enchancing haha. If it so eay to come by, hook a brother up?

The Achaeosic Empire is opposed to pointlessness such as prohibition, which failed when applied to a dangerous drug like Alcohol and is currently failing applied to many other drugs. It is taking money out of the pockets of good citizens to be used to fight drugs, it is making bad people who don't have a problem breaking any law very rich, it is getting cops and others killed, it is causing deaths and illness from low-quality and tainted undergroud drugs, it is preventing the problem from being dealt with in a successful manner and it gives government a way to make criminals out of good people and control the population with terroristic tactics. His Imperial Majesty says that all drugs should be legalized so that we can manage the problem effectively. In the U.S.A., users are attacked as if we are at war. And it isn't solving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest of H.I.M. Achaeos View Post
    And it isn't solving anything.
    So...what problems does drug use really SOLVE? It just compounds other problems. Fighting it may be difficult and unpopular at times, but it is still the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal View Post
    So...what problems does drug use really SOLVE? It just compounds other problems. Fighting it may be difficult and unpopular at times, but it is still the right thing to do.
    generalizations do not fit in with debate on drugs, it is all about individual freedom, it's all about liberty to do to yourself what you want to do...and for this same liberty we don't send cigarette smokers or fat people to prisons...also in the NEWS: addiction is a disease. How do you make a disease illegal? Disease usually is considered "bad" but never illegal...you have to cure the disease, not punish it and make it stronger(!) AND not every user is an addict or is every1 who has tasted alcohol an alcoholic/addict?!
    (...also: how do you make a naturally growing beneficial plant illegal? how do you make life illegal?)

also, drug use is a rather large concept...if u take a drug called "aspirin" for your head ache, it solves your headache...if you go through your mental problems under the influence of lsd / shrooms in the guidance of some1 experienced, you may solve some of your problems in life or you may just have a new perspective about it and see things more clearly, and not kill yourself...for example...these are just few silly examples, u cant really say anything about "drug use" as a whole, you cant really even talk about 1 drug as a whole, every1 is different individual with different set of brain chemistry, and what works for 1 doesnt necessarily work for other...that there are always stupid people who do seriously harm themselves and people around them, does not mean that every1 else needs to suffer because of few idiots...

wake up, it's the 21st century ffs...
    Last edited by homppa; 02-06-2012 at 08:20. Reason: 21st century

Its not the addiction that is illegal its the substances they are addicted to. Why should we spend tons of money on people that got themselves into an addiction to an illegal substance?

Its not the addiction that is illegal its the substances they are addicted to. Why should we spend tons of money on people that got themselves into an addiction to an illegal substance?
    because of money and/or morale

it's cheaper & better for society, countries like switzerland, portugal & netherlands have shown this during the years...only reason they had to stop selling weed to outsiders because (drug)tourists & organized crime are taking advantage of the situation that was created during 1900s by politicians & big wood/alcohol/fuel industries

mexico is basically in civil war because of the man made laws that only do harm for society...how succesful was alcohol prohibition in US?
    - Very. You created organized violent smugglers & street gangs out of thin air...

ps. do your studies, im bored...same old song that has be to be sung over and overr and over again...
    Last edited by homppa; 02-06-2012 at 12:05. Reason: study

I was merly pointing out your error thinking its the addiction that is illegal, addiction isnt illegal its the substance that they are addicted to that is illegal so..

it's cheaper & better for society, countries like switzerland, portugal & netherlands have shown this during the years...only reason they had to stop selling weed to outsiders because (drug)tourists & organized crime are taking advantage of the situation that was created during 1900s by politicians & big wood/alcohol/fuel industries
    I think you are slightly confused right now. What you would like to say its cheaper and better for society to decriminalize possesion of drugs and treat and therefor treat people with an addiction as an diseases rather than a criminal. Netherlands dont have that, they just dont enforce their laws, Portual is pretty much the only country that has such liberal drug laws and yes it have had a positive effect. But this wasnt what i asked, I asked why we should we spend tons of money on people that got themselves into a addiction to an illegal substances (notice how it still is illegal and not as in you scenario it would be decriminalized).

- Very. You created organized violent smugglers & street gangs out of thin air...
    Yea, Criminals didnt exist before that, they just magically appeared when there was a alcohol prohibition.

...But this wasnt what i asked, I asked why we should we spend tons of money on people that got themselves into a addiction to an illegal substances (notice how it still is illegal and not as in you scenario it would be decriminalized).
    like i said, cause it's cheaper and more beneficial to society than not to pay...aka money...

Yea, Criminals didnt exist before that, they just magically appeared when there was a alcohol prohibition.
    alcohol smugglers/distillers/related deaths & crime did magically blew out of proportions...

Forum Addict
    Getting closer: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/04/justic...tml?hpt=hp_bn1
    "According to data released by the governor's office, 2,000 arrests for small amounts of marijuana were made in 1990. In 2011, over 50,000 arrests were made. Fifty percent of those arrested were under 25 years old, and 82% were black or Latino. Less than 10% were ever convicted of a crime."

Interesting it's coming from cuamo, considering he was the attorney general

also btw...hello...did any1 mention in these economically (& ecologically) troubled times that, uhm...Taxes?

The revenue that is lost world wide each and every year could solve a lot of problems...

capitalistic "democracy" sucks ass...a wise dictator could come handy sometimes...
    Last edited by homppa; 07-06-2012 at 09:51.

Thread Information