Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf / Sage

Forum Fanatic

Dwarf / Sage

Can it be as effective as Undead/Orc plus as quick s a tactician? I know the elite of the latter is 9, but dwarves is not bad especially when you run with high TG. The added BE and +25% in science will boost income/BE and Pop science but is this an age of Science pumping? As the age goes on and if your kingdom wins alot it could be good with the new science bonuses.

You can also get <8 hour attack times with QF + 20% in Rax which again in time can decrease once BE goes up via Science.

Avian Tactician is obviously the faster race but yeah, thoughts on Dwarf / sage people? They also have the bonus of free credits so the faster they hit, the more they'll grow which unlike last age my Undead / Warrior never made enough money to Maintin my army AND keep my acres fully built even with credits!

@ 115% BE which should be maintainable in war???

1. Farms: 50 (10%)
    2. Training Grounds: 100 (20%)
    3. Military Barracks: 100 (20%)
    4. Hospitals: 90 (18%)
    5. Guilds: 50 (10%)
    6. Towers: 50 (10%)
    7. Thieves' Dens: 60 (12%)

Total Land: 500 Acres (100% built)

** Effects Summary (Available Buildings Only) **
    1. Produce 4,025 bushels (5,031 with FL), 12 books
    2. +27.6% offense bonus, 25 books
    3. -27.6% attack time, 25 books
    4. 33.95% cure plague, -50.92% military losses, 22 books
    5. Training about 1.15 wizards per hour, 12 books
    6. Produce 690 runes per hour, 12 books
    7. -48.58% losses, +36.43% effectiveness, 15 books

That will give Attack time returns on 12 hours to 7.6

Regular
    Do people enjoy the thoughts of having dwarfs with no banks? Unless you plan on using your 12% TDs and ??? tpa to steal the income you need during war?

You can't get <8 hr attack time as dwarf/sage in war unless u get ~ -30% attack time from rax. If you wanted to attack 3 times a day your TDs will become useless quickly as you can't retrain thieves and ur TPA become purely used defensively, as a dwarf tact with 20% rax and ~100% BE you could get <8hr attack time.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Post Demon
    Dwarf is effective in different ways than Orc/UD. Orc and Undead do more damage with attacks, Dwarf gets more cash and can defend against hits and ops better, while having the best offense that isn't Orc or Undead.

No fixed build strat will do for a dwarf... Dwarves will want to be rotating their buildings often to adjust to circumstances.

25% Rax @ 92.2% BE + Quick Feet = 8hr Attack Time in War
    20% Rax @ 108.5% BE + Quick Feet = 8hr Attack Time in War
    18% Rax @ 117.1% BE + Quick Feet = 8hr Attack Time in War

Tactician not required.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Forum Fanatic
    So I should run 12% banks instead of TD? The thieves lost can easily be replaced and if I'm being chained TPA will raise significantly. I always try to run 3Tpa raw + science bonus and TD bonus could be deadly especially against undead/orc attackers. The TD was to allow me to steal runes also. My one concern about running rax for speed is... When chained heavily, does the buildings lost get split and as acres decrease, effects stay relatively the same?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palar View Post
    You can't get <8 hr attack time as dwarf/sage in war unless u get ~ -30% attack time from rax. If you wanted to attack 3 times a day your TDs will become useless quickly as you can't retrain thieves and ur TPA become purely used defensively, as a dwarf tact with 20% rax and ~100% BE you could get <8hr attack time.
    Dwarves have Qf which is -10% attack time. Added to 25% is -35%. They can just about make <8 hour hits on a standard 12 hour hit time so any more into race is a plus, but to much a waste...

But you dont add the attack time
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    How the Rax + qf + tactician get calculated then?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    How the Rax + qf + tactician get calculated then?
    attacktime in war is 12.7*0.9(QF)*0.85(tac)*(1-attacktime mod from rax)

war is 16*.8 = 12.8, not 12.7
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    and (1-attacktime mod from rax) would be a number greater than 1 =)

*edit*
    Didn't bother to look up numbers, just winged it =)

I'm not sure how thats relevant to the fact that your initial calc was wrong. 16*.8 is not 12.7.

The problem is if you are looking to compete against the orcs then you are going to be drafting higher, which would be allowed due to your BE (as most people would do). If you were to draft keeping 115% BE then you will be lacking raw numbers to compete against the orcs in the first place; mid-late age you might be able to draft and maintain 115% BE but the better kds would have their orcs with considerable science too so they would still have better raw numbers.

Anyway taking 115% BE with 20% Rax which gives -27.6% attack time; war against kd on different island =16
    therefore attack time = 16*0.8 (full war bonus) * 0.9 (qf) * 0.724 = 8.34 attack time

Taking that you want 8 hr attack time; 8/0.8/0.9/16 = .6944.. ~ -30.6% attack time from rax.

edit: thought I might add land % needed you would only have to add another ~3.1% into rax so 23.1% rax (to give -30.6%) at 115% BE but if you are gaining land your rax % will drop, so you might want to build extra to say 26-30% depending on how much land you take in.
    Last edited by Palar; 10-05-2012 at 11:36. Reason: land %
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Post Fiend
    You don't get how pointing out that there were more than 1 fail in my initial calc makes it 2 fails, and how thats relevant for a discussion abou attacktime? If you did the calculation you would end up with an attacktime that is far more off if rax give additional attacktime, than the 6 mins difference between 12.8 and 12.7.

Tbh I was just pointing out that it could be misinterpreted.

attacktime in war is 12.8*0.9(QF)*0.85(tac)*(1+attacktime mod from rax***)

*** a negative number

Thread Information