Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf / Sage

No, i understood what you were trying to do with rax and most people wouldn't have an issue with it - you'd have to be pretty inept to calc rax as adding onto your attack time. The number you gave to base all the calcs off was incorrect though and thats far more important.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Yes 4 mins and 35 sec is really important I agree.

Back to DW/Sage: I'll love you if you run them without GS ;)

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fwordz View Post

Where does one take them from though? I've scrapped the idea of TD now bit placed 10% into banks. Guess I'll have to sacrifice some TG to place 10% into GS.

Quote Originally Posted by fwordz View Post

One day someone will just say "yes, i made a dumb mistake, thanks for pointing it out".
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    One day someone will just say "yes, i made a dumb mistake, thanks for pointing it out".
    Yes I made a dumb mistake your right!

cuddles all round.

Post Demon
    All age*

Post Fiend
    I really think people are underestimating dwarf on the attacking side. Dwarf has one major advantage over orcs....that is landlust, which would save you from deep chains. Not to mention the free building construction, which would help with growth in times when the overall kingdom economy is bad. :O

Post Fiend
    Orcs are more heavy stompers, dwarfs are more durable because of CS, better econ ( +15% BE free construction ) can hitt a bit faster than orcs but a bit weaker. But yes when getting chained you can LL some land back :)

But orcs can still LL just not really good but if a kd full of orcs have annof runes and the orcs getting chained why not LL? or fb? still does some damage just not allot lol :P

Post Fiend
    Once they all start ambushing each other whilst chaining each other, the ratio of land gained through attacks compared to land lust would slowly tip towards the land lusting side. Of course they could all resort to anon hits, but that would also lower the amount of land gained from attacks due to the increased times. In a war between dwarves and orcs it would be much easier to temporarily disable orcs from attacking at all since they can't land lust and will have to rely on large amount of land coming from an anon hit. (unless they send pretty much all their dspecs to the dragon, firebal the orc, and release wizzies/thieves, which opens them up to easy opping)
    At that point their gains hitting up would be minimal, whilst all a chained dwarf has to do is find a low wpa target.

Yea orc can still landlust, but the gains would be so abysmal it would be a waste of runes imo. :O
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 13-05-2012 at 15:04. Reason: Typos

Post Fiend
    I just had another thought. What if the dwarves saved up spec credits from a previous war win? People train mostly dspecs during war so if the dwarves won their previous war they might not have to spend those creds, and instead just train all elites during an eowcf. It's different for orcs where they are pretty much forced to spend their creds whether they want specs or elites.

Post Fiend
    With the new chances around winning wars there are allot of strategies you can utilize depending what you are aiming for.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypticterror View Post
    Orcs are more heavy stompers, dwarfs are more durable because of CS, better econ ( +15% BE free construction ) can hitt a bit faster than orcs but a bit weaker. But yes when getting chained you can LL some land back :)

But orcs can still LL just not really good but if a kd full of orcs have annof runes and the orcs getting chained why not LL? or fb? still does some damage just not allot lol :P
    Dwarves could take a fairly close amount of acres to the amount orcs can get when chaining if the dwarves have some good gains science. Would require a NS run by the fairies prior to chaining though, to get defense low enough for triple/quad taps from the dwarves. Early age orcs would probably stomp dwarves though, when they still have low science.

As for the chained orcs casting spells. The dwarves should be running around 3-4 raw WPA in preparation for land lusting when chained. After science mods the wpa should be fairly high, especially as a sage. In exchange dwarf could run lower raw TPA since its got clear sight and stronger watch towers. Damage for orc spells are so low they're not worth the runes anyway lol.
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 13-05-2012 at 18:07.

Enthusiast
    I thought base attack time was only 12.8 during the first 24 hours of war. Doesn't it reduce to 11.5 after 24 hours?

Post Demon
    it reduces to 12.8 once the war bonus takes full effect.

Thread Information