Thread: CE (News) Formatters

Regular

CE (News) Formatters

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question.

Anyhow, after a long absence from the game, last age was my first full age back. There have been a few changes with the game and some of its sister sites that I have been able to figure my way around. However, there is one important feature that I cannot seem to work out ... and that has to do with Formatting News (for war in particular).

There were a couple of people in my KD who were posting formatted news and I meant to speak with the directly but opportunity never arose. Now those people are gone and nobody in my KD seems to know how to format news.

In the old days, I could go to PIMP and there was a War News Formatter on site that does not appear to be there anymore.

I have attempted to use the old CE Formatter from Angel and I am directed to another site. When that page opens up, a big white box appears with some irrelevant information below it. I enter the News into the big white box and press the Format button. The screen flickers for a moment, as though something is about to happen, and then the information I entered disappears. I have tried to copy the whole page, portions of the news that I want formatted and I have even tried "Exiting" Angel thinking that may have something to do with it. Someone mentioned something about copying the information onto Notepad and then onto the site ... but nothing.

I have also tried to use the Formatter on Seraphim ... and got the same results.

I am wondering if someone could provide me with some insight as to what the problem might be ... or provide me with some direction on what I should be doing in order to get Formatted News
    Last edited by The Grateful One; 10-05-2012 at 20:29. Reason: re-wording a sentence

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    This isn't the right place for this. I'll move it for you.

That said http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/prince/ is the one that most people use. If that's the one you were describing above, the issue might be on your side unless there's an issue with prince that I don't know about...

Postaholic
    This is a formatter for KD and prov: http://www.home-world.org/utopia/formatter/

Although as Palem says, prince is most used for KD formatting and I also use that one.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    This is a formatter for KD and prov: http://www.home-world.org/utopia/formatter/

Although as Palem says, prince is most used for KD formatting and I also use that one.
    I haven't seen the one you suggested but it looks a lot like the one I have seen on Seraphim. I will try it once our KD gets some news.

In order to make these things work ... are you simply "copy and paste" KD/Prov news into the field or is there something else you are doing beforehand (i.e. turn off Angel or Copy onto Notepad)?

Are there any settings on my computer or browser (btw: I use the latest version of IE) that I should be aware of? Or does one browser work better than another?

I know this seems like a lot of questions for something really simple and it is something really simple ... but for some reason I cannot get it to work and it is a tool that I need.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I only copy the actual news I want formatted (so not Ctrl+A)...

Strategy Moderator
    for both sites u may have to turn off script blockers/add exception to the site(i run no script and have to do that with prince).....once you allow them, simply copy all text past in box click format.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I only copy the actual news I want formatted (so not Ctrl+A)...
    i use crtl+a for both prince and home and they work fine

Regular
    Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try in a few days once we get some news and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grateful One View Post
    I haven't seen the one you suggested but it looks a lot like the one I have seen on Seraphim. I will try it once our KD gets some news.
    Not surprising considering they have the same author ;-)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

If u download Utools u will get a little button in your news that takes u straight to a formatter . Utools also has other features like ambush calculator and building calc etc .

http://www.k3ltic.com/utools/

Doesnt work with safari if u have Mac but works with firefox.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegra View Post
    If u download Utools u will get a little button in your news that takes u straight to a formatter . Utools also has other features like ambush calculator and building calc etc .

http://www.k3ltic.com/utools/

Doesnt work with safari if u have Mac but works with firefox.
    Now that I have some KD news, I can say this one works great .... using FF btw. Thanks

Thread Information