Thread: Protection Question!

Smile Protection Question!

I am doing that 27% Arms and Banks, I am making pretty good money. I have 600K Gc saved up for my training coming soon. My main question is, I have my science on limited research costing me 1.8 K gc, should I increase it because I am a sage? I have 3000 in income, 1000+ in Tools, housing. I also dumped 1000 in food as it was getting in the negative. Should I increase it, or just keep it slow and steady for now, and save up for my Elites? The question I have for my big training block coming up is, what is a ratio of Elites to D Specs I should be aiming for out of protection. Thank you guys again for your input.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Train some defense. Lots of easy targets out there just need to separate yourselves from them. After that train ALL the offense that you can.

Also, 600k isn't too much money...keep saving.

I know its not enough to train all my troops. A nice chunk over 1000 elites. That is also with my banks just kicking in last night some time. I was just wondering if I could afford to bump up my science a bit. While still having enough to train the troops. If there is any dwarfs/sage out there what do you have your science rate currently.

Post Fiend
    As of Feb 7th. Kingdom restricted exploring more than 100 acres.

Personality & Race: The Sage, Dwarf
    Land: 510 Acres
    Money: 967,937gc (28,999gc daily income)
    Food: 35,349 bushels
    Runes: 2,192 runes
    Population: 12,766 citizens (25.03 per Acre)
    Peasants: 10,545 (117% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: 0gc (0% tax rate)

Soldiers: 2,187 (17.1% estimated draft rate)

1. Farms: 50 (9.8%)
    2. Banks: 166 (32.5%)
    3. Armouries: 131 (25.7%) + 32 in progress (+6.3%)
    4. Guilds: 85 (16.7%) + 6 in progress (+1.2%)
    5. Towers: 36 (7.1%) + 4 in progress (+0.8%)

Science is on sustained. Realized I have just a couple too many arms. Didn't calc everything out. Just did what seemed like it would be good.

I ran active for the first 16 hours until buildings were done. Allowed me a quick 4% BE, 2% pop, 5% income, and 15% food. Although that slowed banking it gave me compounded income gains for the rest of protection. As of right now I'm on sustained until further notice, as military is much more important now, especially if you are warring OOP.
    I am a dwarf sage as well FYI.

Regular
    I'm a dwarf/merc myself and i have mine on active period at the moment. Seems to pay off since i planned on keeping a lower than normal farm ammount and placed it all into Food science for now in protection. So far I don't need to cast a single FL to keep my food in the positive. Once pass 25 bpa in it i plan to shift to either war/income science for when I leave protection. Not sure if this answers any for the sage personality but for me it seems very worth it to leave it active.

Post Demon
    i have 1.6 million saved for training zisef :)

Post Demon
    science should be on limited or lower during protection. u aint pumping **** on those acres and u need that money for troops. the time for science is not protection. plz ignore those advising to set sustained or active.... they have not done math i promise

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    science should be on limited or lower during protection. u aint pumping **** on those acres and u need that money for troops. the time for science is not protection. plz ignore those advising to set sustained or active.... they have not done math i promise
    thats funny, i know a lot of top kds that set at least sustained early
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Post Demon
    meh, i could be wrong. depends on goals i suppose.

if ur kd is dicing out of range sustained is fine. i dont think OP is in that position though

Run sustained and put 95% of your sci into alchemy.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information