Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plague

Plague

Think you need to do something about this.

2 people in my kingdom gets the plague

22 spell cast NB to take off plague 22 cast
    both people

also seeing lots of plagues just like last round seem its to easy to plague people.
    lets hope someone will check this out 20% chance to get it off 22 tries seem a little high.

Thats how RNG works.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Old data-mining thread I ran shows actual, detailed records conform to a 20% chance within fairly tight tolerance. Data set was fairly extensive (over 60 trusted datapoints I think, over 100+ total?) It was *less* sure if there was a "skew", where plague cured too often in 1-2 casts, and had too many 15+ sets without cure. However, the main reason this is less confident is that it requires a significant sample size - a graph of the data shows a good fit to the expected curve.

In short... RNG was tested empirically specifically on plague, and the RNG works. Reports otherwise are selection bias (or lies/misunderstandings).
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Demon
    The RNG is a cruel mistress.

Yeah, now if only I could get the 1-2 cast removals in war and the 14-15 casts OOW, I'd be content. It tends to be the other way though >.<

Sage FTW
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Forum Fanatic
    This is why undead > orc as an attacker.

Post Fiend
    Yeah, some randomness that might be annoying every once in a while is totally worth giving up increased gains, good science and cheaper elites.

Forum Fanatic
    But when you have :

No Population Growth
    15% Lower Tax Collection
    15% Lower Defensive Military Effectiveness
    10% mortality rate in prisons per day

+ Emerald
    15% Higher military losses in combat
    15% lower attack gains
    10% lower income
    the loss of 20% of new draftees

Your economy will start to stink like the mud huts you live in!

Post Fiend
    ^ trows MS/greeds/riots/ ( storms if you havn't casted nb ) + gold dragon on your undeads + fb were is your econ now?

most orcs who arn't cleric so who are tact or warrior will need to run hostpitals minimum of 10% and hostpitals help cure the plague and
    NB SPAM FTW! :P

And that dragon will just get killed in a few hours :)

Post Fiend
    Not to mention the deep chains. -25% science effectiveness is a huge penalty as it will make it harder to landlust back up, as well as having weak gains science. Orc suffers from weak landlusting capabilities as well, but at least it can chain much deeper than undead.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingChicken View Post
    Not to mention the deep chains. -25% science effectiveness is a huge penalty as it will make it harder to landlust back up, as well as having weak gains science. Orc suffers from weak landlusting capabilities as well, but at least it can chain much deeper than undead.
    -25% sci effectiveness(undead) is way better when trying to LL than -75% instant damage(orc)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Legend View Post
    -25% sci effectiveness(undead) is way better when trying to LL than -75% instant damage(orc)
    Yea, just saying that you will have a lot more failures than other races who don't have either of those penalties.

Really, the only race I see having a good chance against orcs are dwarves, and not undeads. Undeads will just get outgained.
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 15-05-2012 at 16:41.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingChicken View Post
    Yea, just saying that you will have a lot more failures than other races who don't have either of those penalties.
    Really, the only race I see having a good chance against orcs are dwarves, and not undeads. Undeads will just get outgained.
    Naw, -25% magic effectiveness from science is nothing if you have 3-5 raw wpa..turns 6-10 mod into 5.5-9 mod still plenty if you are casting on someone with 1-2 mod. LL is only a small factor, the 9 leet, +50% of losses lets and very much so plague undeads compete

When it comes to plague though i would love to see a slightly higher rate of contracting it during a hit in exchange for NB not failing 22 times in a row....these threads come up way to much and people only ever remember the times you fail 10+ in a row. Lots of math can be done to decide a new formula, and as it stands now u have ~50% chance to cure at 3 casts and 10 casts=90% chance to cure....keep the 3 at 50% but 10 casts is enough.
    Last edited by Persain; 15-05-2012 at 16:59.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Naw, undeads' should win the battle of surviving deep chains. The -75% LL is a killer compared to a slight hit to magic science when you already are looking at 3+ raw wpa during a chain.

When it comes to plague though i would love to see a slightly higher rate of contracting it during a hit in exchange for NB not failing 22 times in a row....these threads come up way to much and people only ever remember the times you fail 10+ in a row. Lots of math can be done to decide a new formula, and as it stands now u have ~50% chance to cure at 3 casts and 10 casts=90% chance to cure....keep the 3 at 50% but 10 casts is enough.
    Perhaps.....but, orcs that are chained down will have higher gains science on top of their natural +20% compared to chained down undeads. Networth difference will also be a huge factor for land lusting in which case you would need much higher WPA depending on the target. Max pop for undeads would also be much lower when comparing chained orcs and chained undeads due to the science penalty.

Edit: The orc should also have more land incoming.
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 15-05-2012 at 17:11.

Thread Information