Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Plague

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    good luck with that especially as a dwarf feary=unbrekable
    Well, personally I'm one of those faeries this age. :O
    But a dwarf could opt to hit a faery around 15% smaller or so, and let gains science make up for the lower gains. Just have to over train elites a little.

Post Demon
    Faeries were tough to break out of war for pumped up undeads last age.
    Why would this age be any different?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Faeries were tough to break out of war for pumped up undeads last age.
    Why would this age be any different?
    Because they're mystics this age. I mentioned hitting smaller faeries anyhow. Shouldn't be hard. As mystics their DPA should be quite a bit lower than last age's sages.
    Heck, I was doing learn attacks on faeries as an avian cleric hybrid last age lol.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingChicken View Post
    Because they're mystics this age. I mentioned hitting smaller faeries anyhow. Shouldn't be hard. As mystics their DPA should be quite a bit lower than last age's sages.
    Heck, I was doing learn attacks on faeries as an avian cleric hybrid last age lol.
    Our fearies ran rogue last age still hit 150 dpa easily. Fought a sage with 170 dpa. you werent doing learns on decent fearies. And with lower nw leets for feary and higher for undead/orc feary will be truely unbreakable this age even the crappy ones..

Post Fiend
    Our fearies ran rogue last age still hit 150 dpa easily. Fought a sage with 170 dpa. you werent doing learns on decent fearies. And with lower nw leets for feary and higher for undead/orc feary will be truely unbreakable this age even the crappy ones..
    150 DPA faeries would have fairly high networth. Last age whenever I decided to do some learns I would overbuild TGs and elites, no barracks, no banks. Hitting a faery 15% networth lower wouldn't be that hard.

Post Fiend
    Dwarf/sage vs undead/warrior or tact.

You people are forgetting a huge thing...
    DRAGONS

dwarf/sage -> undead with econ
    undeads can probbaly fund 2 dragons after that they won't really have the funds anymore will take to long to fund the dragon to be worth it + needs to aid provinces.

dwarf/sages could possibly quite easyily fund 4 dragons.

And dwarf sages can quite easyily get -40% army losses

And dwarf sages will have higher BPA than undeads.

Not all undeads will have full elite army ( or what you gonna overgrow and than raze or try to pump op elite with training?

Good undeads mostly have around 85-90% leets rest offence specs for offence also to help not getting ambushed so fast.

And you are not running hostpitals on your undead/warriors/tact?

Nice some semi chains and 5 hitts already destroys your defence...

25 dwarf sages vs 25 undeads

Probbaly just semichain one half the rest you can fb+tornado+greeds
    Also with landswaps etc undeads will sometime's have very low wt's for some time and dwarf sages can ns.
    Also dwarf sages will be able to do riots on the undeads if the undeads will try that back they will fail allot :)

Dwarf sages have better econ and can control your econ better.
    But ofcourse undeads can chain a bit better but your plague has no effect on sages ;)
    and when a dwarf/sage gets chained his science mods skyrocket and that means the pop science helps a bit better against getting overpoped.

Post Demon
    I saw a FA/Mystic last age with a good 150 dpa, and something like .75 defense per nw. Helped that he was duke...

Anyway this thread is devolving rapidly...

Dwarf has better economy in war than orc or undead? The two races that don't need economy to function in war? The two races that gain offense through land grabs? Meh. Take the economy staying power, I'll have the military staying power.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dingy2 View Post
    Dwarf has better economy in war than orc or undead? The two races that don't need economy to function in war? The two races that gain offense through land grabs? Meh. Take the economy staying power, I'll have the military staying power.
    7 Day war (Feeling this will be most likely war length now when you encounter a stubborn kingdom) :

How does undead fund a dragon or kill a dragon? Fund one means less elites being trained, kill one means offense getting eaten up as 90% or undead use credits on off spec. Defense not growing means you'll be easily 4 x tappable.
    A Dwarf. Can build land and use money saved to train ELITES, can use specs on pure Def Specs. +% Military gains + sage bonus means a 300 acre dwarf can +15-20% gains if the right science is in it.

Dwarves will rule in the long run. Undead + even orc won't be able to raise enough money / earn enough credits to stay afloat. 200% Wages? May be able to run them for first 48 hours, but how you going to keep that 200% when you make 0 gc a tick which will happen when you have dragon + greed + riots + fb hammered on you.

48 hours wars Orc/Undead >>> Dwarf
    48+ Wars Dwarf >>> Undead/Orc

5 Elf / Mystic
    5 Undead Warrior
    15 Dwarf / Sage

Now that's a force. Shame My kingdom wouldn't run it.
    Last edited by American Badass; 16-05-2012 at 12:27.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by dingy2 View Post
    You'll still need soldier aid. The credits would largely go to waste if you can only draft a tiny amount every tick as all the undeads will have very low peasantry eventually. You would also probably have to lower your wages as there probably won't be enough aid going around, and if there is, you're probably not funding your dragons.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    How does undead fund a dragon or kill a dragon? Fund one means less elites being trained, kill one means offense getting eaten up as 90% or undead use credits on off spec. Defense not growing means you'll be easily 4 x tappable.
    Who trains leets during war?

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    5 Elf / Mystic
    5 Undead Warrior
    15 Dwarf / Sage
    Now that's a force. Shame My kingdom wouldn't run it.
    wonder y if its as strong as you make it out to be.

You'll still need soldier aid. The credits would largely go to waste if you can only draft a tiny amount every tick as all the undeads will have very low peasantry eventually. You would also probably have to lower your wages as there probably won't be enough aid going around, and if there is, you're probably not funding your dragons.
    there are always solds floating around in war, and a well planned kd should never need to run out of solds/gold

Post Fiend
    there are always solds floating around in war, and a well planned kd should never need to run out of solds/gold
    Dwarves should be able to fireball down at least 10 undeads/orcs in the first day (well each dwarf should be able to fireball one orc/undead by itself if it has high enough WPA/mana at the start of the war, so its possible to fireball all but the chain targets). You have to take into account the rapid drop in BE in all those orcs/undeads. Hospitals and GS would also quickly become quite a bit weaker than the dwarf side due to the drop in BE. There shouldn't be enough soldiers floating around if you have almost all your orc/undeads stuck on under 2k peasants. There should also be more dragons coming from the dwarf side, so that would also weaken soldier production.

Strategy Moderator
    Dwarves should be able to fireball down at least 10 undeads/orcs in the first day (well each dwarf should be able to fireball one orc/undead by itself if it has high enough WPA/mana at the start of the war, so its possible to fireball all but the chain targets). You have to take into account the rapid drop in BE in all those orcs/undeads. Hospitals and GS would also quickly become quite a bit weaker than the dwarf side due to the drop in BE. There shouldn't be enough soldiers floating around if you have almost all your orc/undeads stuck on under 2k peasants. There should also be more dragons coming from the dwarf side, so that would also weaken soldier production.
    Thats the exact reason u have support in your kd and dont run 25 undead/orcs :P.
    Just as an example last age last war of the age on ~50k acres i aided out about 50k solds.

Post Fiend
    Thats the exact reason u have support in your kd and dont run 25 undead/orcs :P.
    Just as an example last age last war of the age on ~50k acres i aided out about 50k solds.
    Were you a faery?
    A human bank could get fireballed down. (there would be lots of failures, but would be well worth it)
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 16-05-2012 at 15:02.

i train leets in war.

Thread Information