Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Influx of returning players

Influx of returning players

It seems as though there have been more returning players as of late! My kingdom recruited one this age, and there have been quite a few in the recruitment forum asking for a new kingdom.

Bishop said they were running an email campaign to try to get people who used to play to return to the game, and I'm curious if these returning players are a result of that or just a coincidence.

Either way, I'm glad there is an email campaign in process that is attempting to return old players back to the community, and I'm glad there are so many people returning to the game! This is a step in the right direction, and I just want to acknowledge the development crew on doing a good job!

We give you a hard time, but we wouldn't be here if it weren't for you, so thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

as I was told in #tactics, this view IS in fact just me...

Even if there aren't that many returning players coming back, I still think the email campaign is a good idea

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

I just got one of those emails today, btw. Haven't played in a few years, dropped by to see whats up :)

IT WORKS!! Huzzah!

lol. Glad to have you back Kelraz! We're still here, trying to carve out our own place in the record books. Check out the recruitment forum for KD's recruiting!

Nostalgia brought me back... email campaign wouldn't work for me-- the e-address I used to register doesn't exist anymore and hasn't existed since I graduated college in 2004. Sounds like the game has gotten too serious, so I probably won't be creating an account. *sigh* Would that I were in college again...

It used to be an "active" Province in a KD was one that logged in daily to play-- now it's "must attack twice a real-time day (24 hrs)". That was a nasty consequence of the whole aggression bar (aggro bar)-- it's nice because the penalty for non-war attacks is there, which makes KD's more-or-less fight each other. It sucks because you have to attack so frequently and log into the game more often. It prevents people who only want to play in the evenings from starting accounts...

I remember when you could just pick a day, time and organize your KD and coordinate an actual start of war. The monarch/regent made the declaration on their page and you were "at war"... t'other kingdom could choose mutual war or "peace"... and wars were ended with a binding mutual peace (added later), which protected both KD's from outside attacks and allowed recovery. It was a bit more direct, took less time... and, shoot, you could war more times in an age-- up to 10 or 20. The problem was, before the advent of the aggro bar, a lot of KD's just wanted to grow and get fat. The Aggro bar was added to up the aggression ante and get KD's fighting again.

I actually find utopia more relaxed ...... you have your "top" wanting set amount of time ingame or on irc ...... but there's alot more lower level kingdoms made up of retired players who prefer a more relaxed style of game play ...... I've played from my phone for the last twelve months.

I actually prefer the "New" utopia.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    I came back a few ages ago after not playing for years. After seeing some of my old VAT banners while clearing out a webspace i had to come back and check things out. I was sad to see the severe drop off in players but overall the game is very similar and i'm glad I came back. Having a phone that can access the game makes it perfect for someone like me who rarely has time to access a real computer. Plus I have this handy built in alarm that makes going army in/out no problem.

yeah, I might be getting a smart phone next so I can access Utopia from it! KuhaN has a really nice one evidently!

If you don't want to play hard-core and attack twice a day Jade, then don't get recruited! There's a chance you'll land in a SUPER ghetto, but there's a chance you'll land in a half-way competent kingdom that's just messing around all age

Post Demon
    was surprised to see the game still existed when I dropped by arround christmas, had a 2 years retirement since they closed genesis while at my final MA thesis and then I wanted to find a job before starting again, sad to say what brougth me back was not sucsess but the aspect to have something to take my mind of the continious faliures, sucsess came later and I quickly got recruited by one of the craziest warring kingdoms that does not require me to get up in the middel of the night or use all sorts of added communicative programs.

Post Fiend
    I actually thought that this game ended some years ago and switched to a facebook game but recently, 2 weeks before the last EOA, I saw a post on the Utopia Forums (they are on an independent site but are the descendant in members and looks of the original swirve forums) mentioning this site and I came back.

I started a province and saw that the game hadn't changed much from before age 30 when I last played and had some fun trying to grow in a ghetto for two weeks.

I then re-downloaded IRC which I hadn't used in ages and found that a lot of people were still there on utonet who I knew, and then I managed to get in a pretty great kingdom where I am playing this age.

The email thing wouldn't have worked my old email site doesn't exist anymore, which is a shame because I used it for everything from around 1999 to 2008.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Post Fiend
    What I don't understand though is that my join date is 2008 over to the left.

Are these the old jolt forums??

I'm really confused, that last post was my first post with this nick in a long time. I just had the password resent to me.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Ya, we took the old jolt forum database with us when we left them
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I came back after the email.
    Still looking for a new kingdom.

Recruiting is pretty easy and fast these days Delek. Either make a post in the recruitment forums, or get on irc to #recruiting. Welcome back btw.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I got the mail and thought I'd have a poke around, been a while! ... Dunno if ill start up again tho

Thread Information