Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the land drop

Enthusiast

Stop the land drop

How is it possible that there were ZERO top 10 war win KDs that were in the top 25 of acres at the end of last age? How were there so few [only 4] KDs in the top 50? And 3 KDs were not even in top 100?

Obviously many of these KDs were using mechanisms to land drop. Every top warring KD should be in the top 50 of acres, and some should be sitting top 25 and even top 15. Below are charts of last age comparing KDs high up in the war win rankings with those that have lots of acres. There is no reason to believe that that will stop this age, and with WW bonuses, I would imagine this will only mechanism abuse will increase.

Right now land dropping is considered legal, but it's really an abuse of a game mechanic. Intra KD attacks are meant to cause enormous damage with very little gain. According to an old guide:
    [war within your own kingdom can have a purpose -- to eliminate troublemakers, establish dominance, and complement diplomacy]
    The only benefit is to get rid of inactives (or jerks), but many others are using it to falsely pump up their province. Most of the mechanisms in the game (the power of your prov) are relative to the amount of acres you have, including science and offense. In order to build your army, you need much greater amount economy than what you need to simply paying wages. It's harder to draft and train on higher percentages of draft, because you have less peasants and economy. It's much easier to draft as high as possible, then intra-KD hit in order to lose acres (and thus lose pop space and peasants) until you are barely paying for your army, and then you get the benefit of maximizing your OPA, BPA, etc. And now with end of war bonuses, all a KD would have to do is land drop and those bonuses are much better (drop those 10k acres you earned in war and you have an extra 40k books for each prov than before war started).

Getting rid of mechanisms to land drop allow these KDs to stay so small over the course of the age seems a no-brainer to me. Either the best small warring KDs are either warring each other or picking on ghettos. If the playing field is even -- meaning intentionally land-dropping is deemed abuse like fake war was -- then all good warring KDs will be forced to grow and use their skill to keep their provs pumped. If all the good warring KDs are growing, then the nw/acre chart should have KDs of equivalent skill will war each other.

One solution to the land dropping is to stop allowing Intra Kd attacks! As some people have shown, intra-KD attacks in the ghetto are highly inefficient. Sure it may give a safe task to unify the KD, but there is no guarantee that the player will be replaced. It's more efficient for ghettos to just carry the dead weight until they can be deleted by a monarch. I would bet that the majority of intraKD attacks over the course of the age are occurring within warring KDs.
    Bare minimum it intraKD attacks should be unavailable during EoW CF, and outside of that the KDs should lose honour for razing their own provs, just as ghettos lose honour when a prov is destroyed.

There are only 52 KDs full with 25 players, and if 10 of them are only whoring, 10 are land dropping, and the rest range in skill and size, then it really limits the number of KDs you can partner up with and war -- especially if you are in a skilled warring KD. Force the cream to rise to the top and we can have more wars up top and see who runs the best warring KDs.

<locs removed>
    Last edited by DHaran; 18-05-2012 at 19:39. Reason: No Locs, even old ones.

You have like 2 minutes to get rid of the locs, cuz I'm not editing that, I'll just delete the whole thing.
    S E C R E T S

odd

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    You have like 2 minutes to get rid of the locs, cuz I'm not editing that, I'll just delete the whole thing.
    You realise it's the chart from last age?

y so srs

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    SilHaran, those are locs from last age...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    See a kd landdropping?

Kill them and they won't respawn together. Simple as that.

Post Fiend
    Why should we need to?=)

Though tbh it's in the wrong forum, should be in suggestions. I'd suggest allow it, but punish it with intra-raze hits removeing honor permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by fwordz View Post
    You realise it's the chart from last age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    SilHaran, those are locs from last age...
    Irrelevant. No locs, no exceptions.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Since I assumed that would be the responce and coboss is offline, here is what got removed (without locs)

War Wins (rank) - Name --------------------------- Acre (rank)
    6.26 (1st) - Strippers (##:##) ------------------------ 50,873 (38th)
    6.19 (2nd) - Divinity not shaving (##:##) ------------ 51,000 (37th)
    6.12 (3rd) - WAR Monkeys (##:##) ------------------ 38,799 (78th)
    6.04 (4th) - Hung3r - Recruiting (##:##) ------------- 26,594 (Unranked)
    6.01 (5th) - kushout (##:##) ------------------------ 35,223 (Unranked)
    5.75 (6th) - CanWe (##:##) ------------------------- 45,251 (54th)
    5.73 (7th) - Nameless (##:##) ------------------------ 38,409 (81st)
    5.35 (8th) - War-Athon WE B AT WAR (##:##) -------- 25,624 (Unranked)
    5.34 (9th) - Grats to Daddy Richo (##:##) ------------ 53,170 (33rd)
    5.34 (10th)- The Fantastic Trollfags (##:##) ---------- 51,799 (34th)

Acre (Rank) - Name --------------------------------- WW (rank)
    108,644 (9th) - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats (##:##) --------- 4.77 (21st)
    98,704 (10th) - Kung Pow Cows Hostile (##:##) -------- 0.59 (unranked)
    98,578 (11th) - EJ thinks Sillurin is inactive (##:##) ----- 3.42 (63rd)
    98,578 (12th) - Vengeance WaR (##:##) --------------- 0.00 (unranked)
    79,140 (13th) - Muppets (##:##) ---------------------- 0.90 (unranked)
    77,895 (14th) - Sanitarium WAR (##:##) --------------- 5.23 (11th)
    77,653 (15th) - Dopefiends of Asgard (##:##) ----------- 3.83 (56th)
    76,515 (16th) - LIAM is RECRUITING (##:##) ------------ 1.96 (unranked)
    73,479 (17th) - Pixar (##:##) ------------------------- 0.92 (unranked)
    71,627 (18th) - F O R C E (##:##) --------------------- 3.18 (69th)
    71,214 (19th) - WAR - RECRUITING PLAYERS (##:##) --- 0.00 (unranked)
    69,700 (20th) - Melee Weapons Double Hostile (##:##) - 3.84 (55th)

You cant stop people land dropping. If they don't do it intra kd they will just suicide on a bigger kd.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You cant stop people land dropping. If they don't do it intra kd they will just suicide on a bigger kd.
    Don't tell me you don't know the huge difference?
    o.O

Enthusiast
    Seriously Bishop? *sighs*

There is no difference as far as the game is concerned.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I doubt they land drop, more likely they stay as small as possible. While the other kd's are doing the opposite.

Thread Information