Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the land drop

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    2) That's since those KDs with 6/6 didn't keep their acres, but in stead dropped land, they never got into our range so we couldn't war them
    Read first, then reply ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post

I'd also like to point out that everyone who is making what I would consider a good argument against land dropping(it messes up the land distribution so its harder to get war as you get higher) is operating under the assumption a HUGE amount of kd's are landdropping as regular practice. Is this even the case?

Even under your dream scenario where everyone keeps all their land(which i think based on watching warring kd's in charts to see when we're in range is closer to reality than you're saying), because every war has winners and losers you'd necessarily end up with a ditribution where the higher rank you got the larger the spread of acres/nw was inbetween your niegbors. This is the main reason why its harder to get wars the higher rankings you are, and I'd imagine one of the main reasons people landdrop. I just don't see how preventing land dropping is going to prevent a skewed distribution of land/nw throughout the game.
    /endless quotes

edit: also, there is no perfect relationship between WW and land gained. Especially since you can do a final wave as the warring kd a lot of wars end where both kd's are much closer to land than they should be considering 1 won.
    Last edited by Topsy; 19-05-2012 at 19:16.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    I'd also like to point out that everyone who is making what I would consider a good argument against land dropping is operating under the assumption a HUGE amount of kd's are landdropping as regular practice. Is this even the case?
    For me it's kinda obvious, since those with lots of ww don't ge up the charts where they should end up...

At least according to Bishop a lot of intra hits happen, doubt they are all killin inactives

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Its not scalable. To many intra hits happen on a daily basis to investigate them.

Forum Addict
    its only obvious if you assume a perfect relationship b/w WW and land, which isn't the case.

So Ghetto Cats doesn't want to use intra razes. As a result they have trouble finding wars. Their solution is to force all the other players change their way of playing.

Yeah sure, that sounds fair.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    That's a bit short sided Landro...

They AREN'T abusing game mechanics. Others are and are benefiting from doing so...

Regular
    red - was referring to guy who complained about being called Sunshine.
    korp - no, this is all so ridiculous. Go where the action is. If people want to stay smaller and war a lot, let them. Is it affecting you? No. This is a bunch of complaining because people want to change how others enjoy this game.

How people play this game to have fun is their choice. If i notice a kd has a ridiculous NWPA, i will likely not war them, their loss, not mine. We had 6 wars, 21 hostile CFs, and only one kd we CFed last age. That was with my kd ranging from 18, went up to 25, and settled at 21 provinces last age. We also ended up ~ 30th in acres, plus acres coming in. Did we 'right-size' provinces after a war? Yes. But never did we do it outside of post war CF. We simply stayed where the action was. I noticed the size of kds that might be interesting to wave, and that was the size we aimed for.

Strategy Moderator
    The solution isn't to "stop land dropping", it's to make land dropping less beneficial or more harmful.

Regular
    Palem - how is that anymore an abuse of game mechanics than razing into someone else's war?

ASF - exactly. If there was a bonus to provinces that were hit extremely hard in a war to grow. Less resources we have to be utilized to make them whole, there would be less need to land drop larger provinces. Easy solution: decreasing explore costs once in EoWCF for provinces that have been hit the hardest.
    Last edited by Tha Legend; 19-05-2012 at 20:02.

Strategy Moderator
    For me it's kinda obvious, since those with lots of ww don't ge up the charts where they should end up...
    You win war go up 6000 acres, you have 2 provs at 3000 acres and the rest of the kd is at 1600. you knock those 2 down 1000 each. and you've now grown 4000 acres in war. Most of the times that all the land dropping that gets done. Then ZERO growth happens untill the next war. 6 wars 5000-10000 acres without land dropping per war means 48k acres+base of about 12k acres. your looking at 60,000 acres. A bit of land droping and growing your base compared to my My 6/6 kd last age ended around 60k acres (if land had come in) means land droping had almost zero impact on our kd size.
    Dont blame land dropping becasue your kd loves to grow acres outside of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

They AREN'T abusing game mechanics. Others are and are benefiting from doing so...
    Its not an abuse, intra kd hits even have lower losses during end of war cf. They are DESIGNED to allow kds to readjust land as well as remove inactives.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

I didn't know land dropping was considered abusing game mechanics
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

it only abuses when top kingdoms do it. =) ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    So Ghetto Cats doesn't want to use intra razes. As a result they have trouble finding wars. Their solution is to force all the other players change their way of playing.

Yeah sure, that sounds fair.
    But you think its fair to inteionally staying small so you could war kingdoms of lesser quality? Oh wait, is it okey cause others are doing the same thing?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But you think its fair to inteionally staying small so you could war kingdoms of lesser quality? Oh wait, is it okey cause others are doing the same thing?
    Who on here mentioned anything about intentionally staying small? We just stated that we are controlling the growth of our kingdom not preventing growth atleast from what I read. You can't force kingdoms to grow at the pace of their best gaining province who comes out ahead with 1,400 acres in war and could be 1,000 acres ahead of the average province of the kingdom. Do just enough to cut the gains in half so it's only a 50% growth vs a 100% growth that would have been so the kingdom can stabilize faster. This is what I saw intra-kd razing used for. Also, If outside kingdoms see this they can raze the provinces of said kingdom to kill them off and the person will have to be invited back if enough intra-kd hits took place. That's part of the rules I believe where a province can't restart in the same kingdom without an invite if they were killed off and received 4 or more intra-kd hits.

Respawning
    Under normal circumstances when a province is killed the player has the option of recreating his/her province in the same kingdom. Such a player will find a reservation on the Province Lobby page upon their next visit.
    If a killed province had endured multiple attacks from within its own kingdom it will not be allowed to respawn in that same kingdom. No reservation will be created. The player can only create a new province in a random kingdom or accept an invitation if he/she has any available.

If you want to stop the land drop through attacks then allow provinces to aid acres to other players via the aid system or putting it into their own kingdom's explore pool so the other provinces in the kingdom can acquire it. This method would in a sense nerf the land dropping via attacks as the acres will still be spread throughout the kingdom but allow for a more even spread.
    Last edited by Natsu; 19-05-2012 at 20:53.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Strategy Moderator
    I haven't thought about this much at all since it doesn't really concern me, but I think the root issue is that honor gains are strongly relative nw dependent with preference on topfeeding. If a province can hit someone much bigger than them for good honor and then not lose much honor when they are hit back, this leads to land dropping. The most obvious solution is to fix the way honor gains works.

Enthusiast
    My suggestion is to do the following if you want to nerf land dropping:

1) Allow for acres to be added to explore pool or aided to other provinces in the kingdom (If through aid a reasonable aid tax applied).
    2) Shift the honor system so a retal from your attack yields more honor lost regardless of enemy size.
    3) If widely abused for intentional serious dropping kingdoms are automatically labeled with an Infamous mode for other kingdoms to see.

If the acres are able to be sent through aid or added to the explore pool the acres remain in the kingdom rather than being destroyed but still allows for the kingdom to rebalance overall faster.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Thread Information