Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the land drop

Enthusiast
    So if two kingdoms where to actually GO to war and then habe one land drop the other it would be an abuse of game mechanics, sense its not an active war and would then fall under fake war territory. However if you stay out of war and do the exact same thing its ok? Also their is again a LARGE difference between asking an allied kingdom to land drop you and "suciding into a larger kingdom"

As to "stopping right their sunshine" i feel like you might be abusing your power on that note. I did not mean my original post as either A)Insults, flames, and attacks on other individuals or groups, or B) Trolling. It is my opinion and i posted it in a non malicious manner which i think i am well within the rules when i do so. If I hurt your feelings than I apologize but it is still the way i feel.

Post Fiend
    Provinces that been intra-raze more than 5 times will display an icon to enemy.
    Provinces with Intra-raze icon will lose arces permanent if raze by the enemy. (in war)

You basically called him incompetent for not understanding what you were saying, that's out of line. And landdropping via outside kingdoms is easy as hell and has been done for years.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Also by allowing kingdoms to landdrop eachother you are providing an advantage to the better/more established kingdoms. Sence the longer you have been around the more friends you have on the server making it far easier for a kingdom ran by say Bishop to get a land drop than say a kingdom ran by "random nub".

and with right
    #adrenaline

Enthusiast
    @Dharen so he can call me "sunshine" which is obviously meant as an insult and an attempt to troll me but i cant voice my opinion if i think hes incompetent? interesting...

Sunshine is insulting now? Should I start banning people for calling me "bro" too? Now you're being ridiculous.
    S E C R E T S

Anywho... Think we should go back to the time we made the rules. If you don't like landdrops you get organized and do something about it instead of imediately running to the devs. The devs could facilitate oc. The LCP idea is only half bad.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 18-05-2012 at 20:53.
    #adrenaline

Enthusiast
    Sunshine has been a slur against homosexual males sense the 50's... basicly i feel he was implying that i am gay as an insult. which is not just an insult to me but to the homosexual community as well.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    And landdropping via outside kingdoms is easy as hell and has been done for years.
    In the ages when there were more KDs and more alliances...
    Now intra-raze is waaay more benificial.

Intra-attacks were originally ment to take out inactives/soloplayers. Using it to pump up provs is imo against spirit of the rules.
    If you should be able to pump your provs, why not allow intra-learns or intra-plunders?

"Spirit of the Rules

Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game. "

But yeah, last time i came with these 'spirit of rules' it seemed like a meaningless part of the game rules
    Last edited by Red; 18-05-2012 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillone View Post
    Sunshine has been a slur against homosexual males sense the 50's... basicly i feel he was implying that i am gay as an insult. which is not just an insult to me but to the homosexual community as well.
    If i was insulting you then you'd know it with 100% certainty. Sunshine is a form of address.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    In the ages when there were more KDs and more alliances...
    Now intra-raze is waaay more benificial.

Intra-attacks were originally ment to take ut inactives/soloplayers. Using it to pump up provs is imo against spirit of the rules.
    If you should be able to pump your provs, why not allow intra-learns or intra-plunders?

"Spirit of the Rules

Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game. "

But yeah, last time i came with these 'spirit of rules' it seemed like a meaningless part of the game rules
    Thats a valid point but, as i already said - Show me a good way to remove or punish intra raze.
    Last edited by Bishop; 18-05-2012 at 20:56.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Anywho... Think we should go back to the time we made the rules. If you don't like landdrops you get organized and do something about it instead of imediately running to the devs. The devs could facilitate oc. The LCP idea is only half bad.
    Bingo. But of course discussing potential ideas to deal with it is good too. LCP had a good starting point.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Make intra-razes destroy honor?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Landdrop used to be risky. Now there's nothing to fear.
    No in-war raze, no policing alliances, plus invites.
    The way I see it it's probably next to impossible to remove it entirely, but this shouldn't discurage us from trying. The problem with punishing intra-razes is that it's abusable by random badly behaveing people that just wanna harm theire own kd, this makes most ideas that revolves around punishing it hard to implement (can't come up with a good way to counter it atm =)). the best sollution I have atm is:

1. Remove raze as an attack on your own kingdom in war.

This doesn't remove the problem, only makes intra razeing take more time, Leaves you open for hit while hitting with 0 inc acres it will also take away time you could have spendt learning/plundering/waveing for another war. This atleast punishes it in some way and make it more equal to arranging a landdrop with another kd. only down side I can see is that ghettos can't kill off theire inactives in eowcf, and have to wait til they are oow.

the rest of the ideas is probably not suitable cause they are not gonna be good "in the hands of the wrong people"

2. Razeing intra-kd removes honor from the target province.
    3. Make intra-kd raze kill alot of troops.
    4. intra-kd raze gives the province a -x% income/BR/food production debuff for 24 hours

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnomilk View Post
    Make intra-razes destroy honor?
    That should be a minimum :)

Thread Information