Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OME Question

OME Question

Sorry
    Last edited by Kolgar Damodread; 24-05-2012 at 17:13.

Post Demon
    Military advisor doesn't show the warrior bonus, as it only applies to the kingdom you're at war with.

Post Fiend
    I might add that is also the case for monarchy defense bonus, as i've painfully learned.

So you're saying that if my Military Advisor is showing 112% then I ADD 15% to that?? Or do I multiply 1.12*.15 and then add that back to 1.12 to get my real OME?

Post Fiend
    Add 15%.

i.e. 127%

Post Demon
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15160345

this post (and the thread in general) explains how the warrior bonus works...
    meaning, take whatever mod off you would have without warrior, and multiply by 1.15.

The warrior bonus is reflected in the war room when it shows how much mod offense you are sending, since war room knows which kingdom you are targetting. It is not shown on your military advisor and throne room, because you can hit and can be hit outside of war, where the bonus wouldn't apply.

Post Demon
    Actually, multiply, as was just recently tested in another thread. But frankly, you shouldn't do either - when you select your target in the *war room*, the warrior bonus *will* be calculated. The listed MO before you send your attack is the correct amount. It is up to you to know how much you need. Hint: (20%+1) Sot Def * 1.0726, and don't forget to add monarchy, which is not shown anywhere. MD * 1.0404 works too - but you need to know how to get accurate MD for that one.

Can we get a "race/personality FAQ" that forces-presents after race/personality selection? So we can mock these questions even more mercilessly? To be fair - until 2 days ago, I'd have made igotnomilk's mistake, so 'tain't easy. But how many times do we get this exact same warrior question every age? Gotta be 10+ that I can see.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Demon
    People don't know the minutae of the game, especially if they've been away for a while. Maybe someone should make a general FAQ thread and sticky that...

Post Fiend
    I find it confusing as well.

I am currently looking at a spy on military intel report with the following:

Defensive Military Effectiveness 116.4%
    Trolls 3,043
    Ogres 173

Net Defensive Points at Home 16,851

Now by my count the defence should be
    3043*5 + 173*2 = 15561 net or 18113 mod.

Where does the 16 851 number come from?

Post Demon
    All those values are +-3% (assuming you used the correct number of thieves), so given the listed troops and DME, the SoM could show anywhere from 16562 to 19828 MD. 18113 lands right in the middle, so nothing looks wrong there. BTW, while there is a huge range of defense that can be shown given the troops home... whatever defense is shown, you know it is within 3% of the *actual* defense.

Basically, don't look at troops home. Get a 20%+1 SoM, check for king, and send 107.26% of the listed MD, and you'll break every time. (Barring sol block, MP casting, kingdom-mate hitting target and driving up dme, or intentional "risky" hits. Remember at only 97% you still have a 50% chance, so sometimes a risk is worth it.)

If you'd rather use SoT + SoM to try and get better intel... go look for the threads, these mechanics haven't changed for a few ages now and we've broken it down in detail before.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman View Post
    I find it confusing as well.

I am currently looking at a spy on military intel report with the following:

Defensive Military Effectiveness 116.4%
    Trolls 3,043
    Ogres 173

Net Defensive Points at Home 16,851

Now by my count the defence should be
    3043*5 + 173*2 = 15561 net or 18113 mod.

Where does the 16 851 number come from?
    all intels have inaccuracies/uncertainties except when you are a tactician. The degree of inaccuracy is determined by percentages of thieves sent.
    Sending 10 thieves get you 25% inaccuracy. so if the som shows 10k defense, the actual defense can range from 7500 to 12500. if you sent 20%+1 thieves, you get an intel that's within 3% accuracy.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    all intels have inaccuracies/uncertainties except when you are a tactician. The degree of inaccuracy is determined by percentages of thieves sent.
    Sending 10 thieves get you 25% inaccuracy. so if the som shows 10k defense, the actual defense can range from 7500 to 12500. if you sent 20%+1 thieves, you get an intel that's within 3% accuracy.
    Actually, actual defense would range from 13333 to 8000. 8000 * (1 + .25) = 10k, and 13333 * (1 - .25) = 10k. Just a reminder to be careful about what number you apply a mod too, as it can sometimes have a decent amount of difference.

(This is why it is 7.26% oversend, instead of some other numbers that are sometimes quoted.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    'tain't
    ha!

taint
    aka: p K // Make Uto Great Again !!

Post Demon
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/%27tain%27t

Didn't occur to me to check for slang usages. I'll try to remember to avoid the slang and use the standard (though archaic) 'tisn't instead. (Not the Urban Dictionary doesn't have a perversion for that too... but it at least lists the real usage first.)

Were we talking about something?

Think Different

Post Fiend
    ok but what I didn't understand was why the intel is inconsistant within itself.

Why does the SOM have the numbers for troops then a difference in value for total defence when it calculates it for itself.

I get that it can be inaccurate but why do 100 archers = 560 defence... even factoring in ME mod (lets say 100% efficiency in this example), shouldn't it be 500 in this case.

Thread Information