Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barack is Fumbling, Stumbling, Falling down!

Show me an intelligent politician... and I'll show you my impressed face.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Then show me that face ;)

For I am a politician and I am way to smart for my own good :p

Haven't proven anything to me yet.

...on the other hand, there has been something positive lately in the US politics, aka:
    the occupy movement that seems to be representing exactly the values of many free-thinking people who dont see the world in black & white, good & bad, right & left, but rather right & wrong...

i myself am so happy for this development, and hope this coming summer will show they couldnt destroy it...the rest of the world has been waiting for something like this to happen in the US ever since the bush coup d'etat...

ps. tea-partiers on the other hand seem to be the worst type of right wing populists, who have also gained more power in europe & finland...hopefully the econ/banking crisis will also lead into some positive changes...
    Last edited by homppa; 29-05-2012 at 13:55. Reason: to be

Oh no you didn't! I will have to make a thread comparing the two now and that won't make you happy.

I like the idea behind the Occupy movement but not the way it was carried out. I think it was poorly planned and
    more impulsive than functional.

yeah, i think so too, its not easy to make a real & sudden revolution/change...for US and increasingly for Europe it will take probably longer than in north africa, where they have a chance to build it all up from scratch, it will take years and years though, and it will probably never even happen...
    Last edited by homppa; 29-05-2012 at 13:56. Reason: where

The opening post is why americans are viewed as idiots. People who care about politics but do not understand a thing.

Personally if I was gambling on who wins I would put my chips on Obama. Biden is super awkward. I am not sure Obama has done a ton to make things better, but I am far more comfortable with the state of america now then I was in 2008. So to me he has done well, but I am a canadian and only care that you can consume our goods :)
    My life is better then yours.

Forum Addict
    A lot of the things you use as reasons he will lose were just as true in 2008 as they are now, and a Mormon wasn't running then(which I believe may have a Bradley-like effect amongst the Republican base. Obviously they won't vote for Obama, but I could see it secretly depressing voter turnout in a way that pre-election polling doesn't capture). Whenever you present the strategic shortcomings of only one candidate its going to seem problematic. Luckily, there's almost always one more horse running in the race in democratic states.

Some of your arguments are amusing, and it's interesting to see them being used here, such as the "Obama is gay" moniker that has been around for awhile but has yet to gain traction, and more hilariously the evidence you present for him losing the Jewish vote(which by the way, is not a very significant vote, as Jews are largely located in bright blue states, and they have already made his war chest the largest in history). Using Wiener's ousting from the house(admittedly, I think this was a huge overstepping by Pelosi, as he still had sky high approval ratings and its not the place of leadership to say who can or can't lead a district), and the subsequent loss of that seat is hardly evidence of anything but the problem with sending penis pics when you already have a funny name.

Polling students is almost impossible, so there realy isn't much empirical evidence one way or another how that demographic will go for him. A suprisingly high % of that age group voted last election, so if they were less enthused it could lower his vote total, but outside of the left wing occupy nuts i don't think many people who would have supported Obama in '08 would not vote for someone like Mitt or anyone else for that matter.

I haven't seen enough about his staff this time around to really have an opinion, but he had maybe the greatest ground-game since Nixon last election, and all those pieces are still in place. I would be shocked if Romney has more money, a larger donor pool, a larger voter database, or a more comprehensive election day set up.

You might be right about Mormonism... but the feeling on the right that Obama has to go is higher than Liberals were about Bush by leaps and bounds.

After Santorum dropped out Mitt actually did out raise Obama in April. We will ofc soon see the May figures.

As for GOTV and other stuff... I was shocked to see State level and National level GOP efforts to roll out new technology. RVotes is made by a mathematician I respect at the highest possible levels and the various phone apps is starting to get interesting.

Nationally the various GOP State level candidates, on average, are out raising their opposition on a near two to one basis.

Obama has problems getting a Super PAC up and funded while almost a half dozen extremely well funded Super PAC's are sitting ready to roll behind Mitt. Even Trump, who is laughable on the birther issue, is forming a PAC to help Romney. Trump will pull in a lot of money with that PAC.

Not only that but recent polls show dramatic shifts in several key demographics including those in the upper middle class and in Veterans.

Remember Obama has made so many blunders and 'trial baloons' which burst in ugly ways that he has more baggage than you assume.

Still working on the Tea Party vs. OWS thread... getting source sites can be a pain on a smart phone.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...D-504340FEB315

Conservative Super PAC's will fund more than 1 billion dollars this election.

Tied with Romneys goal of $800 million versus Obama....

Obama is predicted to get 300-400 million from Unions, his Super PAC hopes to get $100 million and the total for Barack all round is near $700 million versus $1.8 billion. Now Barack did have some in the bank but his staffing is extremely more expensive than Romneys and has yet to show an impact.

So what you're saying is.... it's okay to spend exorbitant amounts of money to gain a political office yet you can ***** and complain
    about the amount of deficit that the US government has? Again, like I said.. both sides are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Show me an intelligent politician... and I'll show you my impressed face.
    http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A...2Qx-zy_rll.jpg
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    I decided to take a look and my point has been the following:

- Our government doesn't care about the people who serve in our military. If they did then our veterans wouldn't be finding it so difficult to get their VA benefits etc.
    - The United States government tried stepping all over the American rights with the SOPA act especially when Americans are the smaller percentage of piracy online. Think the US Government can prosecute Chinese people for piracy? That's a serious joke especially since China steals patents to make products to profit off of.

SOPA came about because Hollywood started crying about the loss of sales and claimed that the majority of that came from piracy. However, I personally stopped buying movies, stopped buying music cds, etc and listen to music on legal websites because the 'maintstream' music that Hollywood has given us in recent history is garbage. For example Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, etc can't sing and they only sound half decent on cds because their voice is run through sound altering programs to improve their singing voice. Do you really think those singers are actually singing in concert? No, They are lip syncing to the song to give the appearance that they are really singing. Guess this is what we get when the country becomes too soft and wanting everything PG-13.

To end the discussion regarding George W Bush and Barrack Obama is they both suck at decision making and we need politicians that will stand up for the average Americans. Put caps on goods that are sold again and tell corporations that having a completely free market will end in utter collapse since people get too greedy. If politicians can't do this then they shouldn't be in office.

None of the politicians today deserve being president let alone being in office. All of them are self centered greedy cry babies that only spend approximately 82 days each year arguing with each other like elementary school kids instead of doing stuff that benefits the country overall. Most of the time the argument is because someone is a Democrat or a Republican. Both sides need to shut up about their personal issues, start working together, and fix the country before the USA becomes dead like Rome. That's exactly where we have been heading since we entered the war on terror.

My final argument is that this has already passed:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable Rights; that among these, are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness; that to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
    Last edited by Natsu; 31-05-2012 at 00:04.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Proteus for president!
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information