Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth about the Right in America

Forum Fanatic
    Yeah, no, we wouldn't want the government stockpiling cheese. That's a serious concern. Good thing we don't have to worry about petroleum prices being kept artificially high and controlled by a handful of the super-rich... who then lobby for conservative governments to legislate tax breaks.

The same companies who fund research that denies the global warming you speak of, because they have the most to lose if we start seriously looking into alternative energy solutions.

The Right in America is a giant counter-intuition. The vast majority of conservative voters (who are mostly in the lower class), for some reason, support a party made up by the rich and greedy whose concerns are manifestly opposite to their own. They literally vote to keep themselves down. All following odd ideals about religion, gun rights, backwards social policies (ie abortion), racism, and the joke American Dream.

At the top, conservatives basically don't care about anyone's interests but their own. Right wing economic policy, at the end of the day, pretty much all serves to protect the rich. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Bible-thumping no longer wins an election by itself, there are real life issues to face and intelligent people recognize that. The religious nutbags are still a force to be reckoned with and aren't going away for some generations to come, but their hold on government is waning.
    30 years ago the Catholic Church in Ireland had massive control over politics, education and law reform. Cue exposure of decades of paedophilia and abuse systematically covered up by church authorities (still ongoing) and the churches influence has declined at an unprecedented rate.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The truth about the right:

They're pretty much the left with a few differences.
    (exception for clear extremists)

Left, Right, Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal, it's all bull**** anyway. People choose sides and hard lines because they lack the intelligence to form their own set of views. I agree with things on both sides, but don't call me in the middle, cuz I think there shouldn't be any defined sides to be in the middle of.
    Last edited by DHaran; 05-03-2013 at 17:00.
    S E C R E T S

You need to set fire to something to not watch tv do you? Or self harm to know truth :/ Please, take your crazy elsewhere, we are full here.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Politics is much lower on the list of world problems than religion. Religion is problem #1, which is why I'm thankful the churches and the Republicans are losing power. If only that was the case worldwide, we'd have some real progress.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Liar View Post
    The Truth is that In God we thrust, and we have the right to praise God or not.
    You can thrust at him all you want, just do it somewhere private.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Politics is much lower on the list of world problems than religion. Religion is problem #1, which is why I'm thankful the churches and the Republicans are losing power. If only that was the case worldwide, we'd have some real progress.
    In what sense is religion a problem? One would think that religion overall is pretty nice for those that believe and have several postiives effects. I find it often that people tend to blame the religion for wrongdoings while they should be blaming the people that abuses the religion for their own mischiefs. Imo religion in itself is good.
    Last edited by Korp; 06-03-2013 at 14:04.

Why would one think that Korp? Religion has a pretty ****ty track record when it comes to being a positive effect.

Yes what positive effect does religion have? The slaughter of millions over religious differences? The creation, distribution and protection of a network of pedophiles? The brainwashing of children to ignore science and facts? The hate-mongering of people for having different lifestyles?
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Liar View Post
    There is no difference between politics and religion, different robes same carnival.
    That's not even close to true. It's religion that often keeps politics from facing real issues, because they have to cater to the millions of religious nutbags that get to vote, or they're religious nutbags themselves running for office. Without religion, politics might actually mean something more often. They spend most of their time arguing about abortion and gay marriage and other things that DON'T MATTER. Without religion, they'd be talking more about social security, national debt, crime, education, etc.
    S E C R E T S

Why would one think that Korp? Religion has a pretty ****ty track record when it comes to being a positive effect.
    Not really, thats the main issue media alone like to focus on the bad thing people do in the name of religion and ignore all the good things. Charity work for example, building up strong community feeling within their own group, brings happiness to people there is a lot of things that you can look for if you look beyond the negative things that people commit in the name of religion.

Yes what positive effect does religion have? The slaughter of millions over religious differences? The creation, distribution and protection of a network of pedophiles? The brainwashing of children to ignore science and facts? The hate-mongering of people for having different lifestyles?
    Read above, now you do just what i wrote above blame it on the religion rather than the people that commited the crimes in the name of religion to serve their own purpose. You are american right? Shall we talk about what you do? Killing children and civilians for one thing, invading countries in the name of "freedome" supporting Israel that is commiting crimes against palestines every day etc. Should i blame you for all of this cause you are american? If anything you are brainwashed by the media besides your own opinions about religion colours your arguments way too much and you cant look at it in a unbiased way.

They spend most of their time arguing about abortion and gay marriage and other things that DON'T MATTER.
    Dont matter? Its a complex matter even without religion it there would be discussions about it, you treat like that those things are issues only due to religion which they arent. homophobic people exist in every kind not just religous for one thing.
    Last edited by Korp; 06-03-2013 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Not really, thats the main issue media alone like to focus on the bad thing people do in the name of religion and ignore all the good things. Charity work for example, building up strong community feeling within their own group, brings happiness to people there is a lot of things that you can look for if you look beyond the negative things that people commit in the name of religion.
    Charity work isn't the sole domain of the religious though. Even so, look at Mother Theresa, who is on the beatification list. She was a religious nut job who denied people basic medical treatment because suffering was holy. Religion is a crutch, it should gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Charity work isn't the sole domain of the religious though. Even so, look at Mother Theresa, who is on the beatification list. She was a religious nut job who denied people basic medical treatment because suffering was holy. Religion is a crutch, it should gtfo.
    Neither did I claim it to be but its a positive aspect of it. Should we start counting up all the misery politics has caused then? Lets begin with the easiet one Hitler and the holocaust, all cause of what? They were different.. Stalin, Lenin, Mao etc. All these due to political ideals which is worse?

And what is Hitler known most for. Persecution of Jews. Hello religion.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information